“I hate to have to write this, but...” 5 of 5 stars

Albakech House
Lot MH24 Rue Mohammed VI | Zone Touristique Agdal, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #112 of 460 Hotels in Marrakech
Stockholm, Sweden
“I hate to have to write this, but...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is one of those places you don't want to write about for fear that the next time you want to stay there it will be fully booked. This is actually my first review on Trip Advisor, but I am so happy with my stay there, I'd love to see this hotel become more successful.

First, let me say that the reason I booked there is because I didn't want to stay in the medina, but wanted to be close enough to go there daily without spending too much time in a car. The hotel provides a car service that will take you to and from the medina anytime from 11-18. Otherwise, if you plan on staying in town longer, a cab can be taken for about 4-5 euros. Since i was traveling alone with my 18 month old daughter, I was also looking for other ways to entertain her and the indoor play park (in the mall that is a 3 minute walk from hotel) was a perfect solution.

Now comes the bad part: 10 days out of 13 were absolute crap in Morocco because both my daughter and I got a horrible stomach bug the first day. So, we stayed, more or less, 24 hours a day at the hotel, venturing out to Carrefour (located in the basement of the mall) to get some water or fruit. The first few days were the worst and Abdelhadi (the night concierge) became our personal savior by bringing new sheets and towels, bottles of water and fruit, and anything else we needed while my daughter was non-stop vomiting the first nights. We even took a trip to the hospital due to dehydration which Sana (daytime concierge) arranged for us. Not fun, but made much more bearable and less scary by the staff at the hotel. When my daughter was feeling better and I started to get worse, Adam (the owner) cooked dinner for her so I didn't have to leave the hotel.
The only negative about staying here with small children is that there is no refrigerator in the room and the breakfasts are not so child-friendly. They could possibly make it better by having a buffet-type selection for breakfast, with some simple cereal and milk options. That being said, they accommodated us by putting anything I needed in the refrigerator for the baby.
I would gladly return to this hotel! My daughter talked about Sana and Abdelhadi the entire trip home! I could go on and on about how lovely the people there are!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Windsor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed at Albakech House for 4 nights, as it was a short stay the helpfulness of the staff was greatly appreciated as they recommended tours and restaurants to suit our needs, they even remembered where we had been that day and asked us about it which was lovely to have a personal touch from them. The Riad is located a short ride from the airport and also the medina-shuttle services available from the reception.the room we had was spacious and beautifully decorated with a four posted bed and balcony and walk in shower-although we didnt spend much time in there it was nice to have a peaceful, clean room to come back to. The breakfast room was next to the pool which was lovely.There is a supermarket 1 minutes walk and a couple of good restaurants (al fassia is excellent!) the foyer is like a palace with a small fountain and the stairway lit by candlelight in the evenings. Would recommend to anyone visiting Marrakech!-dont forget to have a trip to the Atlas Mountains too

Room Tip: we stayed in a superior room number 18, it was on the first floor, very spacious and clean with good...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at Albakech House. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is situated 10min away from the medina so its a perfect location if you want peace and quiet after a long day at the market. The hotel offers free shuttle service to the medina from about 11am-6pm. There is a shopping centre one minute walk away with various restaurants for lunch. The Hotel also offers lunch and dinner upon request. The decor is beautiful and the suite that we stayed in was very spacious. There's not much in terms of entertainment from the hotel but with value for money when staying here I cannot complain!

I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are a mature couple or if you like peace and quiet

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Changed hotel at last minute from big hotel to albakech house.....
And what a good choice I made...
A lovely small boutique hotel and a oasis of calm in a loud and vibrant city........
From the staff (all helpfull) to the rooms I could not fault this hotel and next time in Marrakech I will return to albakech house.......

• Stayed October 2012
La Jolla, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Unfortunately, we only stayed at Albakech on our last night in Morrocco...I wish we had stayed there longer.

The property is difficult to find but very worth the trouble. Walking in from the back of a citema parking lot, it feels as though you have entered into another world. The decor is ornate, beautiful and very Moroccan. The staff and the service they provide are top notch. The cost per night is very reasonable relative to comparable properties in Marrakech.

The location is a taxi ride away from the Medina and other attractions.

Highly recommended.

Buenos Aires
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

The hotel is like a house, nice and cozy
But the better thing is the people, who make their best effort to feel no homesick
It is a new area, very open and green, with good restaurants in the sourranndings. It is no far form the antique city,
WI FI conection is excellent
There are some details that could make life more confortable, for instance there are no sockets in the bathroom (for the hairdryer or shaving machine), the same happen in the room. You have to disconect a lamp to charge your mobile or IPAD:
The shower is a handy one, I personal prefer the traditional system

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My fiance and I are just back from a most memorable stay at Alba Kech! From beginning to end, our stay at this beautiful boutique hotel was simply excellent and faultless. On our arrival we were welcomed by the friendly owner Adam, who took time to show us around the stunning riad with a large pool area and plenty of sun loungers and umbrellas (large fluffy towels are provided so no need to pack any) the riads own hamman (similar to Turkish baths) and the large reception area with water fountain and antique furniture provide a tranquil atmosphere. Our room was magnificent - a 6ft four poster bed with couch, flat screen tv, satellite, ensuite, wifi and balcony with pool and also Atlas Mountain views, we were both overly happy with the room The location of the hotel is also ideal, very short walk across road to fantastic shopping centre with many shops and large food court, cinema, nightclub and taxi rank. Though, when in Alba Kech you simply forget the goings on of outside world due to the relaxed and calm feel of the hotel. The hotel has plenty of excursions on offer as well as a driver who can drop you offanywhere in town, I would recommemed Majorelle Gardens, another relaxing place. Breakfast was served every morning in the garden, with a great variety each day of authentic Moroccan food. We would like to say a BIG thanks to Adam and all his friendly staff, we had such a fantastic time at Alba Kech and hope to return in Feburary for another relaxing stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 14
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Albakech House? Share your experiences!