“Amazing place to stay great staff will definitely be staying there again!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Albakech House

You added Albakech House to your Saves list
Albakech House
Lot MH24 Rue Mohammed VI | Zone Touristique Agdal, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #119 of 467 Hotels in Marrakech
Walsall, United Kingdom
“Amazing place to stay great staff will definitely be staying there again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Me and my fiancé have just came back from spending 3 of our 5 nights here at the Albakesh!
Amazing place to stay not far from the Medina really good location to get you out of the hustle and bustle of the main city walls, the hotel is beautiful and the staff are great!
Adam the owner is a fantastic guy who really looks after everyone who stays there!he also offers a free shuttle into the old town every day which is great.
Service and value for money was excellent too very clean
great place to relax soak in the sun and experience a true vibe for marrakech !
We will definitely be staying here again on our next visit 10 out of 10!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
South Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I booked Albakech House based on the reviews here and I am so pleased we did. It's fairly close to the airport and the hotel can arrange transfers if you email before you go. It's in a very quiet part of Marrakech but only a short taxi (Albakech offer free lifts to and from the Medina before 7pm) away from the madness of the Medina. The hotel is really close to a massive shopping centre and huge supermarket. The supermarket is so handy and the hotel are really happy to supply plates etc so you can eat your food in your room (the hotel don't serve lunch or dinner). Albakech is run by Adam who is so friendly. He can recommend restaurants and things to do to suit your budget. He helped with ordering taxis and even lent us a mobile phone one night so we could ring him to order us a taxi home. He can also tell you how much things should cost so you don't get ripped off by taxi drivers and market traders! Albakech is like a secret Moroccan palace and one of the nicest places I have stayed. The rooms are stunning and all the decor is beautiful. It's incredibly clean and the pool is spotless. It is fairly small and we never shared the pool with anyone else! The breakfasts were served outside and were very opulent and catered for all - pancakes, fresh fruit, eggs, bread, yoghurt, fresh juice etc. I loved Marrakech. It was very hot so we didn't do all the trips we had planned. We were in heaven lounging by the pool and reading. We went to a few restaurants. As we are both vegetarians we looked for restaurants that catered for us. The Earth Cafe in the busy Medina was probably one of our favourites - gorgeous ingredients and thoughtful cheap vegetarian food. Al Fassia near the hotel was my favourite - there's a vegetarian menu and is very pretty. We also went to Azar, a short taxi ride away. This was pricier but was good quality and the cocktails were awesome. We had a lazy holiday but there is no shortage of things to do, places to eat, trips and shopping. As a female I felt comfortable. You don't need to cover up totally but I felt it appropriate not to be in short skirts or hot pants when out and about. Shorts and t-shirts and dresses are all fine. You can wear a bikini by the pool. I can't wait to go back. Thanks to Adam and his friendly staff for making it a superb holiday.

Room Tip: It's worth paying the little extra for a superior suite. I liked overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Essex England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We have just returned from a holiday in Marrakech and stayed at Albakech house for 4 nights. The staff were wonderful and couldn't do enough for us. Adam, the hotel Manager booked a car to pick us up and drop us off at the airport. He was very informative and helpful and booked our trip to the Atlas mountains which was superb. He also gave us complimentary Moroccan tea whilst we were checking in which was such a nice and personal touch. The hotel was immaculate with beautiful Moroccan furniture and our rooms was spacious and airy. The hotel also organised a courtesy car to take you to Marrakech between 11-7pm each day which was such a bonus.

We cannot recommend this hotel highly enough for its location and the friendly and helpful staff which made our holiday such an enjoyable experience. We will definitely be returning in October.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Uxbridge, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Wow!...... where to begin? The Riad is beautiful on first inspections and completely spotless from foyer to bedroom. the tranquility of the place hits you as soon as you arrive (which may have been a hectic Ryanair flight from the UK!) we were immediatly asked to relax with a complementory Moroccan Tea while we booked ourselves in. Fantastic!!

The room: - Superior Suite
Fantastic 4 poster bed, large enough for a family of 4 to sleep in!
Widescreen TV with English Sports and Movies available constanstantly (channel 91)
Dressing table for the Mrs to use each night (including a hair-dryer so leave yours at home!)
Sofa and coffee table so beverages from the local supermarket can be drunk before an evening out.
Bathroom was spotless and had a hug area for showering (great shower which sometimes i wanted to be freezing as it was so hot outside)

The Pool
The pool was fantastic as there was only 8 of us maximum using it at any one time. it is a perfect temperature to cool off after a few hours (or minutes!) sunbathing.
The staff bring out fresh towells upon instruction so no need to bring your own (in case u have to keep weight down on your Ryan-Air flight!)

The Staff
Friendly, Bubbly and always catering to whatever you need. All have basic grasp of English and Adam (Owner) will be on hand for anything specific if the staff cannot help (i.e directions to Supermarket/Restarants taxi's etc)

The food (Breakfast)
The FREE breakfast is enormous and is slightly different each day but always came with fresh orange juice, fruit, Tea/Coffee/Morrocan Tea, bread rolls, butter & Jams.
depending on the day we had: Scrambkled Egg, Yoghurts, Pain au Chocolait, Pancakes, savoury olive pizza rolls and even corn bread (thats what it tasted like to me!)

Location
The Riad is situated 2 mins from a local shopping center (a scaled down version of westfields) which will satisfy all food urges as there is a food court situated on the top floor as well as a supermarket situated on the bottom floor. (We purchased our Alcohol from the end section of the supermarket as the Riad does not have an alcohol license) There wasno problem bringing our own food and drink into the Riad to eat in our room or by the pool, which was fantastic.

The riad is situated 4km outside of the Medina which is only 5 min taxi ride away (75 Dirhams or £6)
cabs could be hailed outside of the shopping center (2 min away) or you could use the FREE Shuttle to the town that Albakech House offer around 7pm each night.

This place was amazing and such value for money that I cannot believe anyone would not want to stay here when coming to Marrakech.....

Thankyou so much to Adam and the staff for the fantasic week we had at Albakech House.

Will definately be recommending to everyone!!

Room Tip: At the time of booking the 'Twin room', 'Junior suite' and 'Superior Suite'...
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I rarely give things full marks as I always believe in better but this came very close. I judge holiday accommodation based on the following;

- Location
- Room standard
- Facilities
- Staff

Location - This place is 10min drive outside medina so its in a quieter area which makes a nice place to relax from the bustle of Jemma Al fna at night. There is local shopping centre to top up on anything you need.

Cleanliness - The rooms were very beautifully decorated as was the whole house itself. if you want moroccan flavour in room then this place has it, The rooms were clean and large, which is a must in the hot summer.

Facilities - There was no fridge in room but maybe that is asking too much, apart from that, air conditioning, two large cupboards and lovely balcony overcome this small failing. Breakfast was good, although I like savoury breakfasts but im sure you can ask them for what you want and they would be happy to deliver. The fact they don't serve alcohol was a massive plus, alcohol toxifies society and should have no place in it.

Personally, I would have liked pool to be slightly bigger as it can become very intimate if others in pool. However I could be being extra picky.

There is also free shuttle in medina from 11am which was good.

Staff - staff were extremely friendly, always had a smile on their face. Because this is not a large hotel, it can feel like your in someones house as a guest but its credit to staff for making it very comfortable to stay in.

Overall, I would recommend this as a relaxing, Moroccan house with smiley staff and one in which your unlikely to face any real difficulties.

Room Tip: Get balcony facing pool.
Co Durham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

We have just returned from a fab holiday in Marrakech and stayed at Albakech house for two weeks. We found the staff nothing but friendly, helpful and just totally lovely!

The staff - Firstly their main language is Arabic but they speak fluent French and most also speak English, I know few British people who can speak another language, let alone three! Communication was not a problem for us - and considering the hotel manager Adam is Scottish you should have no problem. The staff were all professional and friendly and we felt nothing but safe and slightly pampered! All of the staff within Albakech house made us feel welcome and added to our fantastic holiday. We were served a lovely personal breakfast everyday and would totally recommend the Moroccan tea (yum!) The breakfast fuelled us for a full day of exploring.

The Hotel - the rooms are amazing!! We had a huge room with views of the Atlas mountains. The room and the hotel itself is immaculate, decorated in true Moroccan style and had air con to cool you down after a day in the sun. When you arrive you can not help but be struck by the beauty of this hotel. The hotel is quiet and calm, and after a full day exploring Marrakech it was great to have a pool and garden area to sit and chill in. The pool is spotless and we found a day round the pool perfect to recharge our batteries ready for the next days activities. Morocco is a dry country (no booze!) so you will not find a mini bar in your room. We had read up before we left so didn't expect this. If you feel the need for booze, you are able to buy it from the large supermarket which is a two minute walk away and the hotel are quite happy to refridgerate this for you so you can have a cheeky drink or two in the hotel or the staff can point you in the direction of a restaurant that has a licence. We settled for a cool fruit juice or a large bottle of water to rehydrate!

Location - As mentioned above, the hotel is on the outskirts of the hustle and bustle which is a huge blessing! We would recommend booking the transfers with the hotel beforehand. The driver was waiting for us as we arrived at the airport and saved our tired heads from haggling with a taxi driver (or paying over the odds) Taxis are easy to find, actually they will usually find you, so getting around is easy. We walked quite a lot, you can find places of interests easily by just heading towards the minarets that tower above the other buildings in the area. There is a large mall two minutes walk away, here they have restaurants, shops and a large supermarket where you can stock up on water and suncream (or anything really) and a couple more minutes walk will take you to the Palm Plaza, a hotel where you can exchange your money.

Marrakech - I had read everything there was to read before we left to make sure I was dressed correctly and followed all the rules, once there we found it a little uneccessary. It is worth learning the arabic for hello, thank you and please - the shop keepers, taxi drivers etc are over the moon when you use their language. You do not need to wear polo necks and long trousers, but, like everywhere in the world, if you wear a boob tube and a pair of hot pants you will attract more attention than when wearing a T-shirt and a pair of longer length shorts/linen trousers. If in doubt about anything, especially places to visit, just ask the staff within the hotel, they will tell you the best places to go and best things to see and do.

Splash Morocco are also based within the hotel, they offer day trips and activity days - we can recommend this company also - Andy is the most chilled out and knowledgable guide and took us on a day trip to the mountains - fantastic!! Andy, like Adam the hotel manager is also Scottish so communication will be no problem (they also speak fluent arabic - Amazing to hear!)

We would recommend Albakech house to everyone - you WILL have a fantastic stay (we are already planning out next trip in November) and we enjoyed every second of our holiday thanks to the fab service within this gorgeous hotel.

Sao Paulo, SP
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I booked this hotel based on the comments i have seen here. But it was a big mistake. First of all when i arrive in the hotel the man that was at the reception told me that there was a problem with my reservation and that i should stay 3 nights in one room and after change to another room. As i was very tired I said it was ok. And after that this man of the reception did not miss one opportunity to bother me telling that i had to change the room. Then they showed me the room i was supposed to change, and it was exactly the same as the one i was. So I told the man I could not agree to change since I have my clothes all ranged and there were no reason as the rooms were exactly the same, but the guy insisted very much that i should change and I had to be angry with him. So after bothering me for 2 days, in the most inconvenient way, he said it was ok for me to stay in my room.
A big other problem is that almost everybody in the hotel speak poor english. So it is very difficult to communicate with them.
The room is too dark because there are few lamps. There are no minibar in the room. So you can not have cold drinks in your room.
The hotel does not serve alcohol because they don't have the permission. And they also do not serve any food except breakfast.
I was traveling with two other female friends and we had 2 rooms. And that man at the reception was very strange with us. In one night when we were leaving the hotel for having dinner he asked my friend what time we were coming back. For me this is very inconvenient, because I was not at someone's house but in a hotel and i should not have to give details of what i wanted to do to the guy of the reception.
After all I had the exact feelling that this guy of the reception does not respect women and that we would not be treated like this if there was a men with us.
So if you are traveling alone or with female friends avoid this hotel and stay in a chain hotel where you will be respected.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, Owner at Albakech House, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
ALBAKECH HOUSE RESPONSE,

I, Mr A Dafali, owner of Albakech House would like to thank you for bringing to everyone's attention your personal grudge against the concierge. I apologise on behalf of everybody here at Albakech House that we were unable to fulfil all of your needs. Perhaps Albakech House was not the best choice of places for you to stay. If anyone would like further information on this review, do not hesitate to contact me on;

info@albakechhouse.com

Mr A Dafali
Director

Been to Albakech House? Share your experiences!