“good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #163 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
London
“good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

had a wonderful time, service was great and staff were wonderful, room was superb (we went for a suite, worth the extra cost). The hotel set dinner on Fri/Sat was great

Only down sides was the lunch food was a tad overpriced, I had a facial which wasnt the best (although I did complain and they compensated us right away) - we also had a joint massage and Hamman which were both superb,

Lastly, if you do a trek to the Atlas mountains (we recommend), make sure you wear decent shoes (we were not prepared for the hike to the waterfall at the end of the trip)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

375 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Vevey, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

This is not a 5 stars hotel, possibly 3.5 stars, if not less. Though it is recently built, too much was invested in design (very dark to my taste) rather in the quality of management which is poor. Transportation from the airport was late and expansive. Food in the hotel is less than mediocre, costly for sure. Portions are small. No light at the table, you have to guess what you eat. Wi Fi doesn't work most of the time.Breakfast is served half an hour after schedule and variety is very limited. the rate is way too high for the quality and as compared to other hotels in the area. The hotel is far from the touristic attractions (7 Euros for a taxi one way) and does not offer shuttle service. we booked for 6 nights but left after 2. We paid an exaggerated 176 Euros per night rate and moved to a much better and cheaper hotel next by.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Tonsberg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

The pickup and transfer from the airport arranged by the hotel was smooth and problem free.. So was check in..
We've simply loved our stay at the Cesar. The room was spacious and clean. Beds, fantastic. I've stayed in really good hotels in the Middle East and the Mediterranean before with crappy beds, but here I had no complaints at all.
The hotel beautiful too in a modernised version of Moroccan building and design. Food in the restaurant was good, breakfast somewhat lacking of finesse but sufficient. Swimming pools unheated so a bit cold in November, but being Scandinavian, we managed a swim anyway.
The location is close to the airport (10 min by car) and so is downtown Marrakech, both new and old part.
This place is highly recommended on Trip Advisor and the Cesar definitely deserves it.
(The wifi needs an upgrade though... Keeps going on and off...)

Stayed November 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Before I went to Marrakech I read many reviews on this hotel and the local area. The main issues were: the length of time you should be there, the amount of theft and what to wear.
To be honest I was nervous. I had NO reason to be.

The Hotel – I will go into depth in a moment but I a nut shell – FANTASTIC.
Time away – we were there 10 days and loved each one. In all fairness the activities there are to do could all be completed in 3 or 4 days but it would be a packed schedule!
Rudeness. – Not an ounce. Personally I think it would take a lot and rudeness on the customer’s side to provoke anything. The staff were all amazing and could not do enough to help.
Theft - Nothing was stolen at anytime.
Clothing – I covered up, but more than 50% of the tourist did not. Although it is not an Islamic state I can’t help but feel we were not hassled as much as others because we were respectful to the cities culture. I had my shoulders covered and wore long skirts – I was very comfortable. (Inside the hotel you can wear anything)

I will be going back – same area, same hotel.

We flew in on Monday 7th October and after pulling up outside the “Cesar Resort & Spa” you can help but let the butterflies jump. The door man opened the door and we were welcomed by such smiling and happy staff. We were each presented with a complimentary drink - seriously delicious. Unfortunately we had got an early flight and could not check into our room until 3pm but were told we could use any of the facilities we wanted and could change should we wish. They kept our bags safe. We ended up on the sun loungers by the Sky bar – talk about HOT!

After a fantastic lunch we went to our room (number 21.) We were shown around and told that the 2 bottles of water on the side were free for us to have, the rest was to be charged to the room should we use it.

The next day we asked at reception for a tour guide around Marrakech. We got Abdul - what a man! You must ask for him. He really made our holiday (we even called him on our last day to go back into Marrakech!) We will be keeping in contact with him!!! As soon as we were in the car, Barry white was on and he was away signing, dancing and making us laugh all the way to the Majorelle Gardens (very beautiful.) After this we went to the Medina. We felt very safe and very grateful to have Abdul with us on our first trip in – the whole day we were not hassled once.

TIP1: the Mint tea they drink is very nice but not so good with out sugar – we found this out the hard way.

Tip 2: always ask for the price first

We booked all of our days out thought the reception of hotel- ALL fantastic – we went camel ridding, had a tour guide and went the Atlas Mountains. Also I got good information on the spar treatments - Ladies if you’re going to have a Hammam do so on the first day or so – it preps your skin for a good tan… but it is a hard scrub!

The Hotel is very clean- you can see it being done every morning. I would like to mention how the cleaners for the rooms do a fantastic job. The receptionists we dealt with were simply a pleasure. Any questions, anything we needed and every time they saw us would say hello and ask how we were.
All in all if you are looking for an amazing holiday – go to this Hotel. It is a perfect 5-10 min taxi drive to the centre of Marrakech while keeping you far enough away to relax and enjoy in peace.

We would like to say a very big thank you to everyone at Cesar for making our holiday simply amazing =)

Room Tip: We read in other reviews about room 16 - it is simply on the ground floor by the pool - not too much...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

To start check in was pretty easy, just fill out a form whilst sipping my free cocktail - great start!

The room was really nice, no problems with this at all. The bed was huge and really comfy, we were in the room one away from the bar but this was no issue. Noise was never a problem but I don't this the hotel was busy.

The food was really nice, maybe a little pricey but worth it I think. The cocktails were really good and the bar staff were superb.

On a whole the only issue I had was in the spa, we were given a free Haman (free so can't moan too much) but not told we needed to book. On the 2nd to last day we went to the spa to be told we had to book, we were not told this before but fair enough it made sense, so we booked for the next (last) day. The next day we were informed there was a wedding and they were too busy to do it but when we said we had booked they were ok to do it but I think the Haman was rushed.

Overall no real problems in fact we both left very happy that we chose this hotel.

A few tips -

- Carrefore supermarket is walkable so get water from there (its cheap) and store in the fridge in your room (I got a few Casablanca beers too)

- Taxis are easy to get from just outside the hotel just start walking up the pavement next to the road and one will stop. Always agree the price first.

- Try not to get lost in Kasbah area on the first day (we did and it cost us 100 dihrams to get a guide to show us out)

- Go on the hot air balloon ride it was the best thing I every did (check Marrakesh by air website)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Modern resort with very good facilities. We stayed in junior suite which is much bigger comparing to standard rooms, so I would recommend to stay in this one for little extra premium. Room is clean with comfy bed, big bathroom ( good amenities ) and massive lcd tv. Staff in hotel were nice and helpful.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Spent two nights as part of our 'Mini-Moon' with my husband following the insanity of organising our wedding. This was an absolute perfect choice! As other reviews say, the hotel is small, but perfectly formed! The spa and facilities are great (including the bars and food), and the staff are absolutely tremendous! There's a supermarket virtually next door (in a nice shopping centre) so easy to get any essentials you may have left behind!

We would definitely say this is a hotel for Adults!

Will be returning, without a doubt!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Cesar Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!