“Amazing stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #212 of 491 Hotels in Marrakech
Athens, Greece
“Amazing stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Such an amazing hotel in a very nice, quiet and safe location!
Went with a friend and had an amazing stay.
The hotel is fantastic, great architecture and amenities.

Rooms are very nice and spacious.

Great stuff very friendly and welcoming!!!
Highly recommended!!!

Enjoy!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

larabethnay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights with three young children aged 6/5/5. The hotel and the rooms were stunning and the staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Unfortunately the weather was ot great so we had to use the beautiful indoor spa pool.
The breakfast was also lovely.
I would recommend this hotel to any couples and it even had disabled access. However I felt a little on edge as ours were the only kids and I worried that we were ruining the peaceful relaxing environment for other couples!
Myself and my little girl had a massage which was wonderful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

We flew Gatwick to Marrakech in February. Booked the hotel through a deal on Voyage Prive, included a free room upgrade and champagne on arrival, welcome drink and free haman. Room was very modern and spacious with rain shower, massive comfy bed and double bath. The weather was terrible and was unable to use the outdoor pool. The indoor pool, although shallow, was available to use free of charge for guests. We ate in the hotel restaurant twice, the fillet steak was amazing fantastic quality and well cooked, dinner and desert and a bottle of wine £100. Over priced bar, but we picked up some wine for our room in a local supermarket. We relied on cabs to get into town around £5 each way, but manged to walk it in around 30mins. We didn't mind being a little out if town. Free good connection to WiFi. Good friendly service from hotel staff, slightly slow a breakfast and restaurant and a little stand offish at the spa- although maybe due to language barrier. A lovely hotel would return.

• Stayed February 2013
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I understand from the various reviews that there are mixed feelings about the Cesar Resort & Spa new hotel located south of Marrakech but only 15 minutes to central Jamaa el Fna square (and the great souk daily discoveries + palaces ++) or La Kutubia mosque, 10 minutes from La Menara orange trees super garden (west) or El Agdal olive trees forest (south) (not to mention the splendid La Palmeraie chic resort and golf club 20' to the North of the Medina - and the unforgettable visits to La Mamounia dear to Winston Churchill or la maison Majorelle inspiring hub so many years to Yves Saint Laurent), and 5 minutes' walk from helpful Carrefour supermarket, diverse boutiques and simple/handy restaurants. For those who did not like the food at the hotel why did not they go and try great Al Fassia, next door, or to some of the best restaurants in town near Jamaa el Fna or Hivernage or Gueliz?
As far as we are concerned, we liked the place and the people at Cesar's, from the doorman to the receptionist, the waiters or the cooks (nice discovering cooking lesson - to be repeated and promoted we think), the personnel at the spa/hammam or the DJ. Perhaps the fact that (a) we speak five languages - primarily french and english first -, (b) we lived in different parts of the world and travelled much, helped a bit.
Nevertheless we would recommend staying a few days at this hotel, possibly best in the season of march/may and sept/nov (we were there mid-feb, blue sky and sun all the way with 8°C in the morning and anything like 20-25°C early/mid aft, kind of great spring under other latitudes!), at one of the poolside rooms (excellent, modern, practical, sunlit = preferred) and for a variety of tours (taxi to downtown/30 Dirhams, for 3h/200 Drm; more to the first Atlas spots) or even drives to Essaouira and Agadir...
Do seize opportunities like the Marrakech (car) Rally as it takes place in the arena 10' downsouth on the same road, or the buoyant Marrakech International Film Festival...

Room Tip: Sun rising on the main entrance side of the hotel do choose room according to yr wish for direct sun...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Casablanca, Casablanca, Morocco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Following the advice from one of my friends, I had tried before the SPA, and this week-end decided to try the hotel as well.
My (moroccan) friend had described the SPA as one of the best he had experienced in Morocco and I confirm. Plenty of space, a real hammam with enough heat and steam to make you sweat properly, and a long and very good massage that was very relaxing. As I'm not a great fan of massages I don't appreciate it very often, but the lady asked me if it was firm enough or if wanted it different and I enjoyed it completely.
A for the hotel, it's a small hotel, meaning a strong feeling of intimacy. The staff was very nice, and again as there are not that many customers you feel like they recognize you and have time to take care of you. That's a nice change. I asked them to make several bookings for me and all was faultless.
The hotel is modern, so if you're looking for typical moroccan design, that should not be your first choice. But it's very nice, the rooms are spacious and well designed, the showers very big and separate from the bathtub. We had a couple in the room next to us and did not hear anything so I would say it's a good sign but maybe they were just very quiet. Not many channels on TV and mainly moroccan or french ones, which is fine by me.
I did not try the pool as it's winter here and despite the sunny days the water is cold.
We tried the bar and the cocktails. Very nice choice and the bartender offered me to make a different one if I did not like the one he had just made ... But I liked it :)
On sunday we took advantage of the brunch on the terrasse also called the skybar. There was music, a pool, and tables as well as a buffet. The food was really good although it was more lunch than brunch. But plenty of choice, very tasty and very nicely displayed.
Finally for the situation, it's on the route de l'ourika, meaning not in the medina nor in the Palmeraie. It's the route where Marrakech was expanding it's touristic industry lately, though now with the crisis things have slowed down. It's close to other trendy restaurants and clubs (Crystal and RoseBar, 555, etc.) but you'll need about 15 minutes by car to go to the medina, 20 minutes to go to Gueliz or Hivernage the other spots for nightlife, and 30 minutes to go to the Palmeraie.
In the end, if you want to discover the typical morocco, it's not really the most logical choice, but if you want to rest in a cosy and charming hotel with great food, a beautiful terrasse, a great spa and not too many customers, it's right where you should go.
As for me, I'll go back for sure.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Alexandre L
Casablanca, Morocco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I fall in love with this hotel. I will go back very soon sure. We just spent one week end there. The rooms are very luxuary and the service is perfect. The personal are very kind and sweet. They juste make your stay confortable at the maximum. The design is very very nice and it's near from the best night clubs of marrakech. The Spa is amazing also.
I really enjoyed my stay it was like a dream
Thanks for all the team there you make great job

Room Tip: The place to be!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank tam l
United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We visited this hotel from a nearby hotel to dine, 6 of us, and arrived at 7.30pm. We ordered promptly, and we were the only people in the restaurant. Our meal arrived after an hour. We had ordered 2 rare steaks, 2 salmon pasta, a caesar salad and a chicken dish. The steaks were charred beyond recognition and tough - replacements took another 40 minutes and just as we deciding to abandon hope of eating, these second steaks arrived and were acceptable. Food is poor and very expensive, service thin on the ground, wine was nice though.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family