“I felt teased !” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 563 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Dessert, Café, Tea Room
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Amandine Bakery, located in Marrakech's downtown, welcomes you every day from 7am to 9pm in a convivial space to succumb to the world of taste and flavors.Amandine is 15years renowned bakery in Marrakech, we make 100 % Almonds Moroccan cakes home-made, several tea available, french cakes and viennoiserie as well !
Marrakech, Morocco
“I felt teased !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I want to say that I felt teased!
I do not like to argue, but having been to Amandine as a consequence of the enthusiastic reviews and experienced the reality of the place that is miles away from what is described, I wonder how it is possible that such a mediocre place is valued so high in Tripadvisor.
I speak not only of the fact that Amandine is not at all a tea room, but also about the quality of the patisserie served ... We tried a raspberry charlotte who had a slightly rancid after taste and sable biscuits that lacked the crispness of a fresh product.
Four tables are not sufficient to define, and certainly not in the hyperbolic terms that are found on Tripadvisor, Amandine as a tea room ...and the hyperbolic reviews not enough to make it deserving such a rank! May be it would be a good suggestion for the owner to start to install a lavabo and a toilet for the clients instead taking them to a bar nearby...

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Dyrham
“Pastries and Coffee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Visited this morning (28/10), excellent tea and very good coffee. We tried croissants, Danish pastries, and Tarts, all of which were very nice and well presented. Well worth a visit, after reading the last review I can confirm they do have a bathroom in what seems to be their other cafe in the adjacent building.

London, United Kingdom
“delicious cakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Very good selection of cakes and macaroons. Took chocolate cake, it was one of the best I've ever tried. Plus, got small chocolates and macaroons, as complimentary.
The cafe is modern and stuff is very friendly.

Visited October 2013
Lausanne, Switzerland
“These moroccan cookies are simply to die for. They are delicious and exquisite. I love them”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Excellent and delicious moroccan cookies. The one with almond (marzipan) are simply amazing. Try also the one with almond and sesame!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Casablanca, Morocco
“Extremely overrated!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I spend all day in front of a computer screen, and then I'm usually reluctant to write reviews and whatnot, but I decided to write this because i felt mocked by the hyperbolic positive reviews for Amandine, which was compared, in one of these to a famous tea house of London! So I went there with my wife and two children for brunch.
Up by the arrival, I wondered if it was the right place, so great was the contrast between the expectations raised by TripAdvisor and dreary reality of the place .... 3 uninviting sandwiches in a display case, and nothing but cakes and sweet pies .. No quiches, pizzas, crepes ... We seated however at one of the tables, ordered a cappuccino and some madeleines, which, despite being wrapped in cellophane, were dry and not very tasty.
When I asked for a toilet where to wash my hands ... they told me that Amandine does not have a toilet, and they would take us at a bar nearby ...!! Number 2?

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere