“Excellent set up with complete focus on the customer” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 521 Activities in Marrakech
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Come to Morocco and have an experience of a lifetime. Morocco provides breathtaking scenery and we will provide Xtreme customer service. We will also provide incredible Giant bikes for your riding pleasure. Whether you ride in the Atlas Mountains, Palmery, or in the city you will no doubt be happy you chose AXS. We are a family company that is Moroccan owned and registered.
Preston, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Excellent set up with complete focus on the customer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

We did the Marrakech City tour on our first day as an orientation to the city. Farouk our guide was extremely helpful and entertaining giving us running commentary as we rode and stopping frequently for photo opportunities and so on. The navigation around the narrow streets whilst avoiding other cyclists, scooters and donkeys was interesting to say the least !

We had then booked to do the Altas mountain tour the following day but the weather was not suitable - the car met us at the pre arranged time and the potentially hazardous conditions at altitude were outlined to us in person. The company then made alternative arrangements so that we could do this tour on an alternative day to suit us. The tour was stunning as expected, the clear focus on both safety and customer satisfaction is a real credit to the team.

I am already thinking about my next trip to do some serious road cycling with these guys, cannot recommend enough.

Visited March 2014
SJKtravels, Owner at AXS-Bike Marrakech, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you so much for the response. We pride ourselves on safety and customer satisfaction, so it's so very nice to hear you acknowledging that.
Again thank you.

“City cycle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

We decided to venture around the town on our first day and get a visual of the city. What better way than by bicycle.
We walked upto the cycle hire which was a good 40min walk from our hotel. On arriving at Agan Sports we were made so welcome. We enquired about the tour and within 10mins we were on our way as a tour was just about to go. We paired up with another couple which made the experience even better. We navigated the busy and at times harrowing roads and alleys, sampled the orange in the square visited many little treasures we would not have seen on foot.
After a good two and a half hours we arrived back and shared our experience having had a thoroughly enjoyable trip.
The guide (sorry forgot the name) was very humorous and knowledgeable.
The bikes were all of a good quality would thoroughly recommend for any one.

Visited March 2014
Thank you kindly for the great review, it's appreciated!
Your guide was Farouq and I'll be sure to tell him that you enjoyed the bike tour.
Come back soon!
Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
“Highlight of our trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We booked the City Tour for our first full day in Marrakesh, to see the sites and get acclimated. So wonderful! Yes, a bit harrowing to navigate the streets amidst cars, motorbikes, and donkeys - but the AXS team guided and protected us the entire time. Our guides (Farouq and CJ) were knowledgeable and accommodating. My 8 year-old son is a bit of a daredevil, and Farouq was beyond understanding about this. They really bonded, and I was confident that my boy was safe.
My husband was so impressed that he booked the Atlas tour for later in the week. We hung in there for 30 km... some better than others! It was an amazing day and the AXS team was super fun, accommodating, and professional. Cannot recommend it enough.

Visited February 2014
SJKtravels, Owner at AXS-Bike Marrakech, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you kindly for the great response! I'll be sure to make sure Farouq and CJ know how happy they made you.
Farouq told me about the new friend he made during this biking adventure.
Take care.
“Flawless”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

As two virtually inexperienced riders we were disappointed when our liesurely downhill trip in the Atlas mountains was cancelled owing to recent bad weather (very unusual for Morocco)! However, the guys from Argan put together a great city tour and palmerie tour for us. We got to see lots of amazing sights which many wouldn't get to see and Mohammed was a great guide and lots of fun. The total 5 hours of riding we did flew by and ended with us going to one of his personal favourite restaurants which was truly authentic Morrocan! Testament to the quality of the bikes is that neither of us ended the day with any aching limbs!

All of the team were very friendly and you can honestly say it's a family run affair which is reflected in their flexibility and open friendliness. If we come back we will definiately try to tackle the mountain again however, as happens in the UK, rain stopped play.

For two guys from Cambridge (one of the bike capitals of the U.K.) who hadn't ridded in yonks we are both thinking of getting back into the saddle so to speak.

Wishing you all the best for the rest of this year's season!

Visited March 2014
SJKtravels, Owner at AXS-Bike Marrakech, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Wow, thank you so much for the response! We were disappointed in the routes not being accessible. With it raining so much, we sent out our guides the night before to access the routes. The mud packed to the tires, which made the tires slicks compared to gripping mountain tires. This can be dangerous. We're so glad you both were flexible for another option. We're also very glad you enjoyed that option!
Thank you for the review!
London, United Kingdom
“Just like riding a bike!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Having never travelled to Morocco or ridden outside of the UK I was a bit apprehensive. Everything was back to front, right hand side of the road and right hand rear brake, but thankfully no issues there. We were in Morocco with BPM Cycle Coaching and rented road bikes for the week from Argan Xtreme Sports. At the start I had a slight issue with my rear gear but it got swapped over pronto and it was certainly appreciated as we tackled Oukamieden (2675m). I got 1000m into the descent and could go no further, sheer panic gripped me and I needed to be driven down to the foot of the mountain, however, once I was back on the open road, I floored it from Ourika back to the hotel.

I would like to say a massive Thank You to all the guys at AXS. Generally being a roady and being very accident prone I was reluctant to say the least when it came to our "rest day" of mountain biking!! I needn't have worried. It was a great mix of mud, scrub and gravel, Hamoud led an excellent ride; but more than that, we had a back stop to help the less confident. So with Saif behind me I had a great time and was disappointed when the ride came to an end.

Throughout the week weather matched the mood.....fantastic!!! I felt a little bad for Farouq not being out on a bike as he was driving the support vehicle for the day, but he kept us well hydrated. He got a chance to ride with us on Saturday when he took us on a city tour of Marrakech, good fun and very informative, getting to see little bits of Marrakech that most tourists would just wander by.

Having a good fleet of bikes is something you expect but don't always get, but we got great bikes AND genuinely friendly, helpful service that made the week a truly fantastic experience! Farouq, I promise next year you'll get a chance to ride with us out on the mountains!! Yes, we loved it so much we're all coming back.

See you next year!!!

Visited February 2014
SJKtravels, Owner at AXS-Bike Marrakech, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Alison, thank you so much for your descriptive review. It is greatly appreciated.
We are very glad we got to work with you and the BPM crew. Looking forward to next year!