“The best Hostel in Marrakesh!” 5 of 5 stars

Rue el Ksour | Derb Sabai, 13, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #23 of 203 Specialty Lodging in Marrakech
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Evora, Portugal
“The best Hostel in Marrakesh!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

The breakfast is giant and delicious, the people who works there are amazing!
If you need directions or any type of help the people who work there will help you.
It's safe and couzy.

Abdul you're the man!

Room Tip: You can sleep on the rooftop in the summer, it's very nice.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

The exterior of this hostel definitely doesn't hint as to what delights lie await inside!!! (Namely the crudely written sign - in chalk on the side of the wall. Hilarious) This is like no hostel I've ever stayed in before; it is more like staying in somebody's house and having a big sleepover every night with people crashing in the living areas, rooftop its very laid back and fun! There was a group of 15 of us staying and the owners made us feel very welcome and were so friendly. The roof terrace is amazing to chill on during the day when its too hot or in the evenings when its cooler. If you are offered a home cooked tagine or cous cous make sure you say yes because its delicious! As somebody who has travelled Morocco for a month a few years ago, its impressive that this Hostel beats any i stayed in previously! What a gem. Made our holiday.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

Waka Waka is my favorite hostel that I have visited. The staff was very friendly and helped me and my friends get acquainted with the city. They served us delicious mint tea every time we came back from exploring. The breakfast is included in the very reasonable price and it was definitely not lacking! The environment was friendly and social; I met new people every day I stayed there. The roof top terrace is a great place for chilling out after a crazy day in Marrakech.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

We stayed here four nights and loved it! On arrival we were greeted by our lovely two hosts, serving us mint tea. Later in the evening they cooked a delicious tagine and played traditional music (and even did a bit of a dance performance!). We felt very looked after, in a home from home. The location is also brilliant - in the heart of the souk! It made our time in Morocco very special. If you're looking for a social, friendly, colourful and fun place, definitely stay here! It was also incredibly cheap, which was a bonus!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Mansfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

I stayed at Waka Waka a little while ago and it was just amazing! Free mint tea whenever you want it and more areas to sit and relax in than you can imagine! The terrace is such a quiet little nirvana compared to the craziness of Marrakech! Ya-ya and the rest of the staff make you feel right at home and will chat to you and help you with anything! A great place to stay whilst in Marrakech! I would definitly recommend it!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
münchen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

Hostel waka waka…. what can i say apart from its the best hostel i have ever stayed at !! when I arrived I was given more Moroccan tea than I could ever drink then I was taken to the main square where you can get amazing food and anything else that you want, I got lost on my first night but the manager yaryar when I phoned him cam and found me and brought me home ….. amazing!!! I have met a lot of awesome people here who I have been sight seeing and had dinner with, in fact on the last night we all had a big dinner together in the hostel. I would recomed waka waka to any one who wants to have a good time, feel at home and meet other travelers. I will defiantly be returning in the near future and telling all my friends to come and stay here if they come to Marrakech. To sum it up I LOVE this place !! love gaby

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Hostel Waka Waka, Marrakech? Share your experiences!