“A nice find!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #118 of 530 Activities in Marrakech
Type: Amusement
More attraction details
Owner description: The Henna Cafe in Marrakech is a Cultural Association registered in Morocco. It provides: A multi cultural meeting place; a community cafe; a henna salon which offers an educational henna experience to visitors; a gallery of art by local aspiring artists and runs a weekly kids club offering free creative activities to the children of the Bab Doukalla area of the city. All of the profits from the cafe and the henna experience are used to provide assistance in Marrakech in the form of free education and supportive projects. We currently run a full timetable of lessons and educate 300+ people per week. We also offer funds to support worthwhile projects in Morocco, Details of our recent charitable activity can be seen at our website
Clonakilty, Ireland
25 attraction reviews
“A nice find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I unexpectedly stumped upon the Henna Cafe while being semi-lost in Marrakech, and I am sure glad I did! It is always nice to find a restaurant serving more than the usual tagine and cous cous, so the Henna Cafe was a nice treat. We ordered the salad sampler, a rather generous portion of all three salads, for 50 dirhams (5 euros) and the hummus, for 30 dirhams (3 euros). The salads were fresh and tasty. Their warm lentil salad was very nice with the bread they brought out. The hummus wasn't the best I had, but still tasty. We sat on the rooftop area, which was clean, well decorated and charming. They even had a couple of turtles wandering around, so be careful where you step! Unfortunately, I didn't get any henna, as I didn't have the money for it, but all the designs in their books look absolutely stunning! If I am back in Marrakech, I will visit again!

Visited September 2013

Barcelona, Spain
“Quality Henna!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My experience of myself and two children at the Hanna Cafe was excellent. The henna was gorgeous, the artist very talented and the staff was kind & generous. The henna they use is organic brown henna which I highly recommend. I heard many stories of others getting henna and having bad reactions due to the low quality of the henna.

Visited September 2012
Orleans, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
“We visited the cafe 3 times during our stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

we felt so welcome in the café that we used it as a base to check emails (they have free wifi) and to grab a cup of coffee and snack. met locals as well as other tourists. nice atmosphere.

Visited August 2013
Marrakech, Morocco
“Great language courses!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Have tried both their italian courses, arabic courses and french courses, and they are all great! This cafe is a fantastic place to meet people from all over the world, and to learn a great deal as well! Thanks to all the volunteers giving lessons for such a fair price! Keep up the good work!

Visited June 2013
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Henna designs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We visited the Henna cafe wanting to leave Morocco with a nice reminder of our holiday - wary of the Henna ladies in the Souks we discovered this gem tucked away in the back streets. The designs we had were beautiful and she even did a free Henna of a scorpion for my son which looked amazing. Its all for a worthy cause so if you are keen to experience a Henna tattoo then you won't be disappointed here.

Visited July 2013