“ok” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #259 of 530 Activities in Marrakech
Vienna, Austria
“ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Hammam was a little too cold, Massage a little too soft. Might only be my taste but I didn't find it THAT great. Also quite annoying that the guys in the Hamam that did the washing and scrubbing would not stop talking when we had a body mask in there for 20min or so (we had a package for two people). The place has a very nice interior though!

Visited February 2013

• Polish first
Ningbo, China
“Average experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We got the duo package (45 minutes hammam with body scrub + 45 minutes massage, for two people) for Dh500. Having never been to a hammam before, we have nothing to compare our experience with. However, our impressions are that the setting was quite nice (low lighting, nicely decorated), the facilities and towels were quite clean, and that the service was so-so (I've had better massages). A pretty good first hammam experience, but not good enough to make me want to go back for more.

Visited August 2012
Hickory, North Carolina
“First Hammam”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We came to the Cleopatre Hammam based on the recommendation of our day guide. It was a phenomenal experience and I am not sur I want to experience the public hammam now. Price was fair. Treatment was actually 5 star with the scrape and scrub of the steam room area, followed by an argon oil rub and one hour massage. All this was exceptional. The people were lovely, concerned, helpful and professional. Unfortunately the drain would not drain the water and much of our hammam part was them scraping and plunging out the drain. The massage was very relaxing and interesting. As an expert on sports massage that was not close to what I got, but the massage was extremely relaxing with firm pressure. If they fixed the drain it would easily be four star, but likely is not as well appointed and clean as a five star would necessitate.

Visited June 2012
Oslo, Norway
16 attraction reviews
“Refreshing experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

This hammam was recommended by our riad. We pre-booked the hammam and massage for 2 persons for 1 hr. Its great that they personell is speaking (a bit) English, however they don't explain a lot during the scrubbing. The place for washing and exfoliation is pretty small, but I was there with my boyfriend, so it wasn't a problem for us. If was funny that the lady who was scrubbing me was not very tall, therefore I almost had to kneel at the part where she was washing my hair. But it was not annoying since she was doing her best.

Inbetween the hammam and the massage we got some minttea to drink and flower water on our hands and head. The massage was very relaxt, again I had a lady for the treatment (and a men for my boyfriend), and we smelled very nice afterwards.

The only disadvantage was the (deep) scratches on the backside of my upperarms and back, which I discovered uin the evening. It faded away after 4-5 days. During the hammam treatment I didn't had the feeling that the lady was doing rough, but apparently too much skin was removed.

Visited May 2012
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Filthy place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012 via mobile

Visited hammam Cleopatre on our recent stay at Marrakech. We were escorted by a young boy who was distributing flyers on the Jemaa al Fna square. First impression was good, English speaking friendly staff, good facilities. When we actually decided to take a package for 2 with 1h hammam with chocolate mask and 1h massage following by feel mask. I decided not to have hammam (as it was a bit too intimate for me) instead I swapped it for a pedicure and a chocolate face mask.
While my partner was having hammam I had the worst pedicure ever, had my nails brutally polished and cream applied on my dirty feet. I could have done better job on my own. The whole pedicure lasted 25 minutes and I was left waiting for my boyfriend to finish his hammam. When he arrived he was wearing dirty, dump and smelly bath robe which was clearly used before and passed between people. We then followed upstairs to the massage room to have our 1h massage. The towels on the tables were again dump and smelly and definitely used before, I was disgusted laying on them and couldn't wait till the massage is over. Although massage was good my misuse was texting mid through the massage and I had an allergy afterwards and was very itchy on my arms and legs (may be their magic argan oil!?). After our massage we had a feet mask, first they applied the substance with a brush on my make upped face and then on both our feet with the same brush, imagine how many people this brush been used on? Face feet, feet face, don't even want to think about it. Then all this was removed with a cloth which was used the same way, face then feet, and probably the same on other people.
Dirty, filthy place, left very uncomfortable and was desperate for a shower. Would not recommend hammam Cleopatre, shop around and see a few, its better to spend a few extra dirham but be satisfied in the end.