“Great food, fun entertainment” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Red Sun - CLOSED

The Red Sun
Zone Touristique Agdale Lot MH24bis | (à coté de Megarama), Marrakech 40000, Morocco
+212524377979
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Après Amsterdam et Blaricum THE RED SUN ouvre ses portes à Marrakech, une Nouvelle adresse de la modern Asian Cuisine, situé dans le nouveau village touristique de l’Agdal, avenue Mohammed VI (à côté de Megarama). Inspirée des cuisines chinoise, japonaise et thaïlandaise, THE RED SUN vous propose une spécialité asiatique moderne, une formule unique au Maroc.Outre l’originalité de sa carte «Modern Asian Cuisine» et de son ambiance chaleureuse et branchée, THE RED SUN propose des spectacles musicaux .
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great food, fun entertainment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Excellent quality food, international food menu for sharing, great sushi - great if you want something a bit more western based. Live music from 10:30pm - one night they did requests.

Visited December 2012

Preston UK
“Chinese....ish!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Went to the Red Sun twice whilst working in Marrakech. The restaurant is located at the side of Pasha nightclub and is about 2 miles out of the town centre.
First impressions were good, the place looks and feels quite upmarket.
The menu is varied in that it offers Moroccan food, as well as Chinese, Thai and Japanese dishes. Prices are good.
On the first visit I tried the chicken in sweet chilli sauce with cashew nuts which was tasty and on the last visit I went for the chicken in teriyaki sauce, which again was very nice.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
4,543 helpful votes 4,543 helpful votes
“If you love Chinese/Thai food this is the place for you but limited veggie options”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Ok Let me start by saying that I'm not a fan of Chinese/Thai food and I came to this restaurant because my family love Chinese/Thai food so I didn't have anything from the menu apart from an absoloutely delicious dessert they offered me for free (I think they felt bad because I'm vegetarian and they weren't much vegetarian options or range of variety available in this restaurant which was disappointing). According to my family the food was very nice and loved the decor even though it was a bit dark - we struggled to read the menu because of the dim lighting.. The staff were very nice and even went to great lengths in making sure that I had something to eat and not charging me for it - that left a good impression on me despite the fact I'm not a fan of Chinese/Thai food.
The downside to this restaurant is that there is a bar/club next to it and I don't think it is a suitable place take your children with you to this restaurant.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Buenos Aires
“Excellent oriental food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

The food is of high quality. A mixture of chinese, japanesa and Tai, with internationational touch
The place is very well decorated
The service of high quality

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Not a tagine in sight!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We visited the red Sun as we were staying close by at Al-fassia Aguedal and were tiring of morroccan food. First impressions were wow! someone spent a lot of money on decor, but it was too dark for me to be able to read the menu, which was in french anyway - We had the platinum chef's selection and it was very tasty, but horribly expensive, by this point in the holiday anything that didn't have lamb in was sure to be a hit. We were in early (7.30pm) and so missed any live music. I was bitten by a mosquito in there - only bite of the holiday! We went again and just had starters and a main course - still very expensive :-(

• Visited September 2012