“If you love Chinese/Thai food this is the place for you but limited veggie options” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Red Sun

The Red Sun
Zone Touristique Agdale Lot MH24bis | (à coté de Megarama), Marrakech 40000, Morocco
+212524377979
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #188 of 537 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Après Amsterdam et Blaricum THE RED SUN ouvre ses portes à Marrakech, une Nouvelle adresse de la modern Asian Cuisine, situé dans le nouveau village touristique de l’Agdal, avenue Mohammed VI (à côté de Megarama). Inspirée des cuisines chinoise, japonaise et thaïlandaise, THE RED SUN vous propose une spécialité asiatique moderne, une formule unique au Maroc.Outre l’originalité de sa carte «Modern Asian Cuisine» et de son ambiance chaleureuse et branchée, THE RED SUN propose des spectacles musicaux .
London, United Kingdom
4,504 helpful votes 4,504 helpful votes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Ok Let me start by saying that I'm not a fan of Chinese/Thai food and I came to this restaurant because my family love Chinese/Thai food so I didn't have anything from the menu apart from an absoloutely delicious dessert they offered me for free (I think they felt bad because I'm vegetarian and they weren't much vegetarian options or range of variety available in this restaurant which was disappointing). According to my family the food was very nice and loved the decor even though it was a bit dark - we struggled to read the menu because of the dim lighting.. The staff were very nice and even went to great lengths in making sure that I had something to eat and not charging me for it - that left a good impression on me despite the fact I'm not a fan of Chinese/Thai food.
The downside to this restaurant is that there is a bar/club next to it and I don't think it is a suitable place take your children with you to this restaurant.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

82% Recommend
Buenos Aires
“Excellent oriental food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

The food is of high quality. A mixture of chinese, japanesa and Tai, with internationational touch
The place is very well decorated
The service of high quality

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Not a tagine in sight!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We visited the red Sun as we were staying close by at Al-fassia Aguedal and were tiring of morroccan food. First impressions were wow! someone spent a lot of money on decor, but it was too dark for me to be able to read the menu, which was in french anyway - We had the platinum chef's selection and it was very tasty, but horribly expensive, by this point in the holiday anything that didn't have lamb in was sure to be a hit. We were in early (7.30pm) and so missed any live music. I was bitten by a mosquito in there - only bite of the holiday! We went again and just had starters and a main course - still very expensive :-(

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Marrakech
“Fun evening with good but overpriced food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We went and did the chefs choice and everything we ate was very good but just way overpriced. The portions were decent and suffice. All the staff was great, attentive and very friendly. The atmosphere was very cool and modern but expect to drop a lot of money for drinks and food. Overall a nice evening and place but I do not think the quality of food matches the prices.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“just am ordinary Thai/Chinese, cannot live up to Amsterdam in anyway. Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Food is covered is large amounts of sauce.

Sushi is okay but nothing special.

Lamb chops, pour quality.

Waitress very friendly but does not know anything about the menu or the wine.

If you go there with in mind an Amsterdam experience, you will have a disappointing evening. If you go there because you are tired of tajine or brochettes then you eat like at a cheap Chinese take-a-way at highstreet price.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere