“VERY GOOD” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Red Sun - CLOSED

The Red Sun
Zone Touristique Agdale Lot MH24bis | (à coté de Megarama), Marrakech 40000, Morocco
+212524377979
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Après Amsterdam et Blaricum THE RED SUN ouvre ses portes à Marrakech, une Nouvelle adresse de la modern Asian Cuisine, situé dans le nouveau village touristique de l’Agdal, avenue Mohammed VI (à côté de Megarama). Inspirée des cuisines chinoise, japonaise et thaïlandaise, THE RED SUN vous propose une spécialité asiatique moderne, une formule unique au Maroc.Outre l’originalité de sa carte «Modern Asian Cuisine» et de son ambiance chaleureuse et branchée, THE RED SUN propose des spectacles musicaux .
Barcelona, Spain
“VERY GOOD”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

this restaurant it's exactly what i needed after 5 days of tajine and cus cus...

The location: te restaurant is not central, around 50 dirham from the medina (price needs to be negotiated with the taxi driver all the time of course), behind the famous international discoteche PACHA, it's the new area of marrakech, I don't really like it.

The atmosphere: It is weird, you can see a lot of effort to make the place very asian, I was there on Saturday night and they have done 4-5 different shows during the dinner

The food: I like the concept very much, they are mixing different asia food (japanese, chinese, thai...) and the result is pretty good i have to say.
I had a SUSHI mix (32 pieces for 4 people) and we shared 2 GOLD menu. A lot of food came and the quality was quite high.

The service: amazing!!!We had a private waitress very alert but never too obsess or tormenting

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Newcastle
“Amazing food and lovely staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

From the moment we stepped in it was like we were sitting in what the devils living room would look like, haha it was black and red the most luxurious decor, but maybe a little too dark! but it was very nice you definetly wouldnt think this place would be in the middle of marrakech.

As vegetarians there wasnt much we could eat on the menu but not to worry the staff were so wonderful they asked the chef to cook us a vegetarian meal, safe to say he did not disappoint. the food was beautifully presented and tasted scrumptious.

Visitng this place is a must especially when you get sick of eating tagines!! which you will trust me ;)

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Marrakech, Morocco
“Not worthy of its publicity- pas à la hauteur de sa publicité”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

It was my husband's birthday and I wanted to have a great dinner one to one in a trendy restaurant with show. So we went for the first time to the Red Sun. Cozy atmosphere, luxury trend, many staff. But there were only 3 shows (dragon dance, belly dancers and live band music), so no happiness as in publicity. And there were very little to eat in plates excepted fried rice served in a bowl : modern cuisine ! Très cher pour le Maroc.
At the end of our dinner, it was very late, we were shocked not to be able to pay with a credit card. So my husband had to go out to find a cash machine while I was waiting for him inside. Impossible de payer par carte. We didn't enjoy our time out.

• Visited October 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Maastricht
“THE best restaurant in Marrakech..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

I visited this restaurant with my colleagues, it was a great experience. THE food was excellent and the staff was great. The restaurant itself is beautifull... I can hightly recommand this restaurant...

• Visited May 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gouda, The Netherlands
“FABULOUS atmosphere and GREAT food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

A friend of mine was invited for the great opening of the Red Sun in Marrakech in May 2011. He told me about his Red Sun Marrakech experience. So my husband and i went in June 2011 during our holiday in Casablanca and Marrakech. It was just after the opening. I really enjoyed the visit. Not only the wonderful food, but also the magnificent interior. The sushi was heavenly. Even the best I had ever eaten in New York can not match.

The staff was very friendly. It was so nice that we have sitting in the late afterglow, still enjoying the food. There was a belly dancer. We found it entertaining, but we were more able to enjoy the live band. Lovely sound.

Keep up the good work and maybe next year.

Visited June 2011