“Cheap & cheerful” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Moraira, Spain
“Cheap & cheerful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Having spent 4 days eating native from top to bottom range (Al Fassia - Meshwi Alley) and desperately trying to walk off the effects in between, we decided to have our last evening meal at Toubkal. This was not for culinary reasons, but to watch the sun set over the square whilst the spectacle unfolds and burn it into our memories to treasure. The roof top terrace was crowded, so we chose the panoramic window seat on the first floor from where we could soak up the sights, sounds and smells of Djemaa El Fna one last time. If you saw two dreamy eyed tourists there last Friday, contently grinning from ear to ear - that was us!
We were drinking water, had salad and harira soup for starters, followed by lamb tanjia and (ribcage of) rabbit tagine with bread and frites on the side. The food was ok´ish, the service unhurried and friendly, the bill came to next to nothing - perfect! We reluctantly tore ourselves away and retreated to our romantic little riad for a nice cold beer/glass of rose respectively to round up our last evening. Missing it already!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

London
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Great food - just as reviewers have said. The Lamb tagine was especially nice and the service was good. Much better and reliable than eating on the stalls.

Visited April 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
“Very simple - but one of the best places to eat in Marrakech”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Snack Toubkal is located of the famous square Djema el Fna close to the entry to Rue Riad Zitoun el Kedim. It is nothing fancy when coming to the design, plastic chairs and usually packed with poeple, both locals and tourists - but it is clean, the staff always give you the best service ever, the food is fantastic and prices are really great - even when seeing it from a local perspective - we had a full dinner for 2 persons with softdrinks and a desert for less than 8 Euros! I was recommended to go here by a local, and I am so glad I took his advice - can not praise this place enough! Simply fantastic, and food is a lot better than in a lot of the fancy restaurants nearby that will charge you about 10 times more for the same thing.

Visited March 2013
“Oh My!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The food was amazing. The people just wanted to be friends. Very laid back and comfortable. Wish I was still there!

Visited August 2012
london
“Toubkal, favourite Moroccan food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have been going to Morocco for the lasy 18 years since I was 7. We have always went to Toubkal but since going there the last few years alone, I have noticed the charm of the place a lot more. The staff are great, we get by with my rubbish French, and THE FOOD!!! Tagine agneau (lamb), we lived off of that when in Marrakech for both lunch and dinner! The staff have been there since i began going with my dad in '95. I am going in May with a friend and I am taking her to Toubkal, and I am soooo excited!!!!

Dont judge a book by its cover, judge it by their lamb tagine.

I was with my partner but it made no difference

• Visited April 2012