“Amazing tour and a not to be missed experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 454 Activities in Marrakech
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Ourlong experience in tourism allows us to offer various tours of discovery and adventure, from Marrakech, Ouarzazate, Agadir, Fez and Casablanca including visits to historical monuments of the imperial cities.We also offers our customers an opportunity to live an unforgettable experience in Southern Morocco: the dunes of Merzouga (Erg Chebbi), the region of Zagora (Chegaga dunes), Dara Valley, Todra Gorge and Dades and other regions of the Atlas.
Sydney
“Amazing tour and a not to be missed experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Myself and 2 friends did the 3 day trip into the Sahara from Marrakech.
This tour was amazing. I can not recommend it enough. We loved Ali and Mohamed, they were so informative and so much fun. Loved dancing in the car to "September" and then to their favourite music too! The night we spent in the Sahara desert was incredible. Probably one of the best experiences I will ever have in my life. The colours of the sunset over Morocco watched from the top of the enormous dunes, and the sunrise over Algeria was simple breathtaking. I cannot recommend it enough!

Visited February 2014

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great guide!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Our 3 day tour included a lot of driving, but our guide made all the difference. He made the trip very fun, stopping often for us to take photos and pointing out things we would have otherwise missed. The desert accommodations especially were way beyond what I expected. This was a great way to see the Sahara!

Visited April 2014
Barcelona, Spain
7 attraction reviews
“Great tour, above expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

we chose this company among others base on previous review. We did 4/3 as part of a 2 week trip from the South to the North of Morocco and were rewarded generously: a state of the art 4WD driven by Hassan who speaks: English, French, Spanish fluent on top of his Berber plus the official Moroccan Darija which is the local dialect of Arabic - not a single issue in understanding each other. We knew the itinerary up front from the contact with Ali. From the beginning Hassan showed us his country with great enthusiasm. He never tried to push a sale or take us to a "cousin" who was producing/selling this or that. Never! Crossing the Atlas mountains, visiting the Aid Ben Haddou Kasbah, stopping in Ouzarzate for lunch the route along the Ouad-Il-Dades with its Valley of Roses and the Oasis impressed us a lot. The hotels chosen during the tour were first class. Especially Chez Pierre with is excellent rooms, great service and state of the art waiter team serving a delicious dinner and splendid location surpassed our expectation. Continuing toward the south passing the Gorges du Dades which is a beautiful cañon landscape was worth wile stopping. Then the south: Er-Rachidia, Rissani and then Merzouga which is literally bordering the desert dunes: the camel ride (just the two of us with the guide) to the desert camp where we had our private carpet with a huge, comfortable be. The camp ha a real WC (flushing via buckets of water) We share the camp with two foreign couples: the two local camel guides prepared the meal and played some music without being excessive. The next day we could use the hotel room at Merzouga to have a shower, change clothes and were server a delicious breakfast. The tour continued towards East were we reached just another ancient town where we slept at a Kasbah style hotel (big plunge pool, magnificient terrace with view). On the last day heading back to Marrakech we reached the Ouad-il-Draa which is a dry riverbed with kilometers of Palm tree oasis - a huge contrast to the surrounding stone desert landscape. We learned a lot, bought a few things and enjoyed a maximum. Shukran Hassan! - Olga & Ralf min Barshalona

Visited September 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Amazing experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Our experience in the south of Morocco with Sahara Exploring Expedition was incredible. There is lots of company who organize expeditions and after many research, I chose this one who looked really professional and I recommend it to anyone. It was a perfect experience for a reasonable price. Unless all the cheap expeditions you can find everywhere in Marrakech, this one give you a private guide who stop when you need, and you travel in a confortable 4x4 cleaned between each expeditions.
Our guide, Said, was driving impeccably, he's from the region we visited and gave us lots of explanations on the road and always answer to all our questions with pleasure. He was funny and made jokes to make us having fun and put the music we like. He made sure we were always happy.

The tour is perfectly made, we have time to visit and we were never rushed to go. Even when we were late they never say anything. No one harassed us to sell something on the way, really different after being in Marrakech. The service at the hotel they chose was really good, the diner was 5 services and after the guides played tamtam and music for us. They sat with us to speak and entertain us. The landscapes we go through are breathtakings and we stopped in the best places to makes photos. The Bivouac in the desert is really luxuous, with a normal toilet, beds, warm meal and lights under the tents.

It was a really great experience that we will keep a good memory and I would do it again without changind anything.

Thank you Said!

Visited May 2013
New York City, New York
5 attraction reviews
“12 day Morocco trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We recently booked our 12 day Morocco trip with Ali.
I was able to customize my trip as I wanted and Ali was very fast in responding back to any questions I had.
Our trip included a 4x4, driver, private guide, most meals, and all of the accommodations. All of the riads and hotels we stayed were so beautiful and nice.

Our private guide, Mohammed was very professional and made sure we were always comfortable while enriching us with local customs and information. Our driver Hamid was also very professional and we always felt safe in his car.

We probably visited over 10 cities and drove more than 2000 kms. All of the local guides that were arranged for us in Fes and Marrakesh were amazing and we don't know what we would have done without them.

I traveled with my best friend (30s) and my parents (60s/70s) and we all were so happy and glad to booked this tour with Ali. Based on comments from other travelers in the forums, I initially thought about doing the trip without hiring a guide and driving by ourselves with a rental car. I'm so glad that i didn't as Morocco is not as easy to navigate as Europe or the US and there are hardly any local street/road signs as well as big name signs for the riads/hotels. If I did the trip myself, we probably would have spent hours just looking for the roads and hotels and not be able to enjoy the scenery or the overall travel experience.

I would definitely recommend Ali and his company, Sahara Exploring Expedition Tours, for any travel in Morocco.

Visited December 2012