“Best Spa in Marrakech” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 5 elements spa & bien-etre

5 elements spa & bien-etre
Quartier de la Kasbah,71 Derb EL Baghala Marrakech - Medina, Marrakech 40000, Morocco
+212 5243-87878
Attraction Details
antwerp
“Best Spa in Marrakech”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I was on holiday a few weeks ago in Marrakech and as I am an afficionado of wellness, I visited several spas during my stay. When walking into the spa, I was surprised by the brightness.
I took a rituel Marrakech, and it was heaven. The scrub did me so good. After that my massage was given by a professional masseuse. The total atmosphere at spa 5 Eléments was great.
Discretion, nice architecture and very good infrastructure. Definitely a place to go when wellness is your thing. Thanks. Tintin

Visited February 2013

London, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“Terrible 350 dirham massage (35 EUR) for 30 mins”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Came as a couple at the last minute because the much more upmarket, classier les bains de marrakech around the corner couldnt fit us in. The taxi driver drove us here instead. They didnt have trouble charging us 1 hour price, for a 40 minute rub session they called a massage. We asked specifically for more pressure, both before and during the massage, but the girls were giggling THE WHOLE MASSAGE and didn't vary the pressure at all. The worst was - and I have never had this from any massage therapist in my whole life and I love massages - when the lady removed my WHOLE TOWEL so my entire front was exposed, and started massaging there?!! The room was extremely freezing I felt I could get sick after. The therapist took about 3 lots of 5-10 minute breaks. Very unprofessional, talked to each other and giggled disturbingly throughout the whole 40 mins. Finished early, didnt say anything just led us back downstairs. My partner was so upset over the experience because we wanted a relaxing experience to unwind from the stress of the souks, not freeze in our underwear whilst two girls giggled at us! Terrible experience and a complete ripoff AVOID!

Visited January 2013
northumberland
8 attraction reviews
“A hammam and massage in the Kasbah - but nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Our riad owner recommended and booked us for a hammam and massage. The 5 elements spa was difficult to find in the back street as not well signposted. Once inside the spa it was very tranquil - a riad courtyard setting with lots of side rooms. We changed into gowns and placed our clothes, keys etc into secure lockers. We were taken to the hammam room where we received our mud splashes. Very invigorating but remember to keep your eyes closed if you're wearing contact lenses.

We were taken upstairs for the massage then bath. The stairs were difficult to negotiate with slippery feet in the plastic sandals they provided so be careful. Both the massage and bath were very good and relaxing. Great to experience as a couple - as we had done.

The staff were attentive and gracious. At the end we were shown to a screened-off area off the courtyard near to the entranceway, where we could chill out in our gowns and warm towel wraps and contemplate. We had expected a herbal tea although we were given a bottle of water each. Then we were simply left. During this time there was a lot of activity outside the entrance some 10-15 metres away - men moving gas bottles, children drumming outside and mopeds screeching outside drifting fumes inside the doorway. It would help if they closed the door but it seems it is kept open so clients can find it.

Basically we were not enamoured with the wind-down time and also had to find our own way out and reorientate ourselves to where the changing rooms are. They need to work on how these sessions are closed out as it left a negative impression although the main events were very good.

Visited November 2012
Guildford, United Kingdom
“A fun and relaxing experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I went to this spa with 4 of my girlfriends and we all loved it.
The staff were very friendly and went out of their way to make us feel at ease and accommodate us.
We were all given robes, towels, plastic slippers, paper panties and as much bottled water as we wanted.
The Hot room was lovely with dim lighting and a lovely shower in the middle to wash before and between stages of the hammam treatment.
The seats were extremely hot so you need to take an extra towel in with you to sit on.
We all opted for the hour long massage after the heat and scrub which was very relaxing and the massage ladies were very good.
After the treatment we lay on loungers and they brought us all mint tea, we stayed as long as we wanted and didn't feel at all rushed.
All in all we had a very pleasant experience, I went back for a second one 2 days later !

Visited November 2012
spain
“Worst experience ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

As a special treat to myself on my last day in Marrakesh I decided to go to the spa for a hammam, massage and facial. the spa was recommended by the riad and guests that had been there for massages were happy so off I went. Unfortunatelly I decided to go for a massage untried by the others called thinness massage...
I arrived and was given a locker containing a robe and plastic slippers, first impressions, the robe smelled of oils, so I wasn't sure it had been cleaned, I gave it the benefit of the doubt and was shown into a hammam only to be taken out again 10 seconds later to then wait and be shown into another hammam... Compared with a previous experience the whole thing was very quick, which is just as well as I was finding it too hot, and superficial, but ok. No towel given to dry yourself off, you are put back into the ( cloth) robe which you keep ( wet ) right until the end.
I was then taken to the massage room and did not have the good sense to ask what the massage consisted of exactly ( I have had numerous different massages aimed at cellulite, drainage, circulation etc...so wasn't worried). Nothing was said either or asked.
When I got in there was a used tissue on the massage bed which I found off putting to say the least, but again said nothing, the girl had a cold so probably forgot about it. she then started by on foot which was fine, and the calf which was firm but fine, unfortunately she then continued so hard up the first leg and the rest of the body it hurt like hell, and I have had 3 of my children with nothing at all and I would rather give birth than go through her massage again, it was excruciating, I told her it hurt, I flinched, I tried to move my limbs away because of the pain, I told her I had bad circulation and showed her a varicose vein in my arm, told her I had back and neck problems and to go easy, all to no avail, she kept saying it was normal (!!!). I did not get down and walk away thinking somehow I would feel wonderful once it stopped. But no, once over I was in a state of shock, my arms were shaking badly, and I was feeling like I had been mauled. I then was put back into the wet robe, taken to a day bed and given cold mint tea, and then taken to facial which was ok. i was so upset I decided to wait for the person who was coming for me outside in the street rather than sit there. I made it back to the riad, had a quick bite to eat and went straight to bed for the rest of the afternoon (4 hours) I felt so bad. Next morning I counted 12 bruises and still felt really bad in spite of taking a lot of arnica, pain killers and muscle relaxants. Two days later I still ache all over although the shaking has subsided. So all in all the treatments which were not the massage were just average, the hygiene and comfort just under average, the customer service inexistent as I told 4 different people I did not feel well and they just ignored me, and this particular massage only to be booked for your worst enemy !

Visited October 2012