“Christmas Day in Marrakech” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #153 of 590 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: the restaurant is one of three at la mamounia
Venice, Florida
“Christmas Day in Marrakech”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Having had the idea to spend an exotic holiday in Marrakech, we found ourselves feeling a lack of merriment on Christmas Day. We wandered the souk, Majorelle Gardens and wound up at the beautiful La Mamounia Hotel. We were directed to their L'Italien restaurant for a late lunch and found just what we needed. The beautiful atmosphere, attentive service and excellent food created the perfect holiday feeling we needed. From champagne to dessert we loved every bit of it. The staff contributed to the atmosphere with their holiday greetings and willingness to take photos of the diners celebrating. An excellent choice for a great meal anytime.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Paris
“Romantic dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Exceptional, nothing less. I am Italian and as such I tend to be quite picky with food especially if it's pasta. Everything was delicious, the tagliatelle with pesto di rucola, mozzarella and speck were fantastic (one of the best pasta dishes I've ever had) the setting was just unbelievable. The prices were extremely high though. I had never paid a simple pasta dish (no caviar, no truffle etc..) more than 40euros. If you are willing to spend a lot of money but have an amazing time, definably go

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“BAD SERVICE NO MANNERS”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Having had dinner in the Italian restaurant in La mamounia I asked for the bill. I gave my credit card and was told credit card no good cash only. I couldnt believe it. Their system was down but that was not the point. No apology and rude staff. I phoned the following day and spoke to a manager who said would investigate and come back to me. She didnt!!!! I phoned again 6 hrs later and spoke to the F & B manager. Still no apology. This is supposed to be a 6 star hotel and having stayed at The Burj Al Arab in Dubai I know how this type of hotel should behave!!!