“Riad ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Origin Hotels

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Origin Hotels
Moulay Abdelkader 75 | Dabachi - Medina, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #480 of 1,040 Marrakech B&B and Inns
“Riad ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Very nice with personal touch and design. Super staff. Very friendly.
Swedish owned. Offers specialities like golf, cooking classes, excursions and MICE.
Three riads incorporated in the name Origin Hotels.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Forget the hotel association you get with the name. This beats any 5 star hotel I have ever stayed at. The location is fantastic - in a quiet residential just steps away from the buzz of the Jemaa El F'na and the beginning of the Medina.
The Riad has only 6 rooms. We stayed in the Pasha room. It was beautifully decorated down to even the smallest little detail. AC worked a dream, power shower - we were overwhelmed.
We had the choice of breakfast in the courtyard or on the rooftop. It was varied, beautiful presented and there was enough to last until dinner if you didn´t stop yourself.
But best of all were the staff who bend backwards to make sure we had all we could ever ask for. I have NEVER experienced such fantastic service. Not even at Burj Al Arab :). This is our choice of accommodation and recommendation for Marrakech. Enjoy. :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

What a wonderful experience was to stay at Origins! Staff was very friendly and organization was flawless. Transportation was one of our main worries as we anticipated difficulties navigating Medina, but it all worked out great, from the airport to the hotel, all arranged by hotel.
Location is great - we were able to walk everywhere as the hotel is located in medina, but again after entering in – the world completely changes from hustle and bustle into tranquil place.
We loved relaxing at the roof terrace in the afternoons, enjoying the Medina view and sipping traditional Maroc mint tea. The rooms are new, cosy and very tastefully decorated, and the food was excellent.
The breakfast is made of freshly made orange juice, Moroccan pancakes, yummy jams, and pastry, with good coffee or tea was more than we needed for a great start of the day. We had only one diner there, and I regret not having all my diners at the hotel while in Marrakesh as the food was the best we had in all of Morocco!
Initially, I was surprised to see golfers at the Hotel in the middle of medina, but now I understand - Hotel made transport and all logistics very easy for guests, so after all day of golf one could spend evening roaming around medina. Will definitely recommend this Hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: I saw couple of rooms, they are all very nice, new and have AC
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

We have just returned from the most amazing holiday and big part we have to thank to wonderful stay in Origins! We arrived in Marrakesh after a long flight and weren’t sure what to expect after passing busy Jama-El-Fna square. When we entered the Origins hotel, we couldn’t believe our eyes and ears - the smiling friendly personnel waited for us in a beautifully lit garden, filled with smell of Clementine tree, mint tea awaiting for our arrival, and soft music playing. Knowing we will be arriving late with our children, we organized transportation through the hotel, which went smoothly, and reserved a diner, as this was our first time in Morocco and we didn’t want to look for places to eat being so tired. It was so delicious that we ended up having all our diners there! Try chicken tajine with apricots, or barbeque, mmmmm. Our amazement continued entering the beautiful rooms, already heated for our arrival. I kept asking where I could buy all the nice things they had in the rooms, and I really wish I could take the bed sheets home with me! The personel was very kind and helpful with any of the questions we had. We hope to return soon, and have more time to enjoy this lovely place!

Room Tip: I have seen all the rooms, and they are all beautiful! Cannot go wrong.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Marrakech, Morocco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

Marrakech was an interesting city. When going there I think living in a riad is a must. And this place was really a serene little haven in the middle of the Medina, in a quiet lane just next to the big square (another must). The design was something extra. No bling-bling, no kitsch, but newly restored with traditional design by local craftsmen and -women. My tub was handmade in cupper! The staff were hospitable and helpful (spoke English, German and French). Good breakfast. Great coffee. Clean. An extra plus for the fantastic sheets. I will be back!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Malmo, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

I've been to Marrakech a couple of times for work. it's an awesome place and I hope to get back there soon again. I love the markets, the square Dharma el Fna and I especially like the friendly locals. There's so much to do in the part of Morocco. The desert is right outside the city and the Atlas Mountains just an hour away. Lots of culture, great food and loads of shopping in the Medina – if you're in to that scene.

I've stayed at some of the nicest hotels in town (including fancy places like La Mamounia and Bab Hotel). But it was first at the Origins Hotel that I was offered a completely different kind of experience and an entirely new take on Marrakech.

This is a small, intimate hotel with individually decorated suites and a gorgeous rooftop lounge (with a jacuzzi). The hotel's decor is really beautiful and blends local Marrakech style and craftsmanship just perfectly. I ate most of my breakfasts on the roof before walking around and exploring the Medina (a World Heritage Site and just two minutes from the hotel). At night, after the desert sun had gone down, I'd often sat in the tiled courtyard (near the fountain) and sip on mint te. Magical.

The staff at the Origins are really friendly, knowledgeable about local excursions and places of interest (off the beaten track) and made my stay in (June 2011) both pleasant and comfortable.

So, I highly recommend a stay here to those that appreciate the uniqueness that only a small, peaceful and tastefully designed boutique hotel can offer. For work or pleasure.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the second floor if you want quick access to the rooftop lounge.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Been to Origin Hotels? Share your experiences!