“2 day desert trip” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #41 of 527 Activities in Marrakech
More attraction details
Owner description: Authentic Tours Marrakech is a local specialist offering Desert Tours that run In/Out Marrakech, Marrakesh to Fes and Fez to Marrakech, Erg Chebbi Camel Treks, Marrakesh Day trips and Marrakech private airport Transfers with competitive rates and professional service. We promise the best quality service for reasonable rates. We are not a broker; we operate the tours ourselves with our own vehicles and local drivers which ensures high quality standard. You are welcome to Marrakech and we look forward to serve you better. You can rely on us for all your Morocco tours & treks which are booked through a certified travel agency, transportation is also provided by a sister registered company with local staff ready to make every effort to make your holidays memorable and more exciting.
Austin, Texas, United States
“2 day desert trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2014 NEW

I went with a few friends on the 2 day/1 night desert trip and camel ride, and it was an awesome experience! Had a few difficulties on the ride up there, just weather related things, but our guide Abdullah was amazing at keeping us entertained, very knowledgeable about everywhere we went, and very considerate of all of us the entire trip. Would absolutely recommend!

Visited December 2014

• Greek first
“The best way to experience the desert!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2014 NEW

My friends and I did a two day, one night trip to Zagora through the Atlas mountains at the beginning of our Morocco vacation. Our guide, Abdullah, picked us up from our hostel and walked us to the comfy SUV we would spend the next two days in. The first thing he said to us was that this trip was ours, so we should call the shots about where to stop/what to see. I was not expecting it to be so personalized, so this was great. The trip started off a little rocky, due to a landslide that left us (and just about every other tour group) stuck at the base of the mountains for four hours. It put us behind schedule, but Abdullah more than made up for it with his spunk and energy. We had a blast the whole way to Zagora, listening to a mix of Moroccan music and our own music (there's an AUX cord). We got to Zagora when it was past dark, and thought we would drive directly to the camp and miss out on the camel ride, but when we arrived at the village, people were mounting camels for a night trek -- so of course we did too! It was such a cool experience. The camp was awesome as well, with actual, comfortable beds and bathroom facilities. We had an amazing dinner and breakfast there. The next day we watched the sunrise over the dunes and then took camels back to meet our guide. We then rode back through the towns and mountains, stopping where we hadn't had the time the previous day. Overall, this was one of the best trips I have been on and I highly recommend it. I couldn't imagine a desert adventure going any better. However, do remember to wear comfortable walking shoes (I was in pain in flip-flops the whole time) and bring warm clothes for the night in the desert! Also, request Abdullah if you can, he was such a gem!!

Visited December 2014
“A great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2014 via mobile

I did a three day trip over the atlas and onto erg chebbi where we stayed in the desert and did some camel riding. Omar, our guide, was full of interesting knowledge about the culture, the country and local history. And a good laugh too. The places we stayed were beautiful and really up market, the food provided was great. Couldn't have expected anything more. It was a great three days. Quite a lot of time in the car, because of the miles you need to cover, but I couldn't have asked for a better companion.

Visited November 2014
London
5 attraction reviews
“A Fantastic Experience ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2014

I went with a friend on the 3 day mountain and Sahara trip with a friend.
Our guide Omar was a fantastic, he was from one of the villages in the mountains so was incredibly knowledgable on the areas we were visiting and where the best places to eat and take photos were.

The tour itself was incredible, the sites we saw were breathtaking. Our hotel on the first night was lovely and the food was delicious, the host came and spoke to us about the Berber traditions amongst other things and made us feel incredibly welcome.
Our second day was incredibly fun, I don't want to give away any spoilers of the itinerary. We ended the day in a camel trek over the sand dunes. We stayed in tents which were incredibly comfortable, nothing like our tents in England! One of the Nomads took us on a midnight trek which was great fun.
I recommend that if you can spend more than three days in the mountains you should, there is so much to do. If you are travelling in winter remember to bring some warm clothes.
I will definitely return to the mountains, I really wish that I had had more time to expore.

“A perfect way to see Morroco!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2014

We recently had a week in Morroco based in Marrakech - we booked 2 day trips with Authentic Tours and had an amazing time. The first trip was into the Atlas Mountains and the second was to the coastal town of Easaoura. Both of our drivers were wonderful - professional, attentive and full of information about Morocco. We felt completely safe at all times and would definitely use this tour company again. I cant speak highly enough about this experience and would definitely recommended Authentic Tours to others wanting a unique experience in Morroco - so much to see and somone else does the organising and driving while you get to concentrate on having a wonderful time! Special thanks to Abdullah and Mohammed!

Visited November 2014