“charm, serenity, hospitality” 5 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
Save Saved
You added Riad Noos Noos to your Saves list
Riad Noos Noos
Pension de Famille, 8 Derb Jemaa Lakbir | Quartier Hay Essalam, Marrakech 40008, Morocco   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #20 of 1,057 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Paris, France
“charm, serenity, hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I just returned from two weeks at Riad Noos Noos, in the heart of the medina. My favorite moment of the day was leaving the alleyways of the souk and entering the courtyard of Noos Noos. For me, that's the joy of morocco ... going behind the rough walls into palatial calmness. There was something beautiful in every corner.. The basement theatre is really a museum! We took breakfast on the roof terrace with a few other travellers (and nesting storks) and dinner by the fire in the library. If it hadn't been for Fatima's cooking, I wouldn't know how truly delicious Moroccan food is. (The restaurants we found didn't measure up.) I loved it.

Room Tip: The terrace rooms!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
riad n, Propriétaire at Riad Noos Noos, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
We try to make you spend a pleasant stay both inside the Riad as outside. For the Interior we offer you comfort in your room, on the terrace with sun loungers for reading and the Sunrise for breakfast before a pair of storks posed on the roof of the Mosque nearby. The evening while returning from shopping you can enjoy the hammam and massage and then a fire awaits you in the lounge with your dinner. For the exterior of the Riad, is the traditional Marrakech with its hustle and bustle, its markets and its terraces.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Fantastic choice!! I am thrilled we chose Riad Noos Noos over others as we had the pleasure of meeting Jacques and Myriam upon arrival. Their warm disposition made you feel instantly at home. They took us under their wing and spoilt us in terms of service. I recommend having a traditional dinner at the riad and breakfast on the terrace is a sensational start to the day. Laurent and Jacques have a fantastic knowledge of the area and shall give you a map and all the info you require for your stay. I also recommend taking the shuttle service from the airport for around 15 euro as it is rather tricky to get to the place, but so, so worth it. Shall return to this gem of a Riad, should I ever come back to Marrakech.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
It is true that the taxis from the airport have no fixed price and exaggerate a bit when they receive tourists. It is preferable for your arrival to take a transfer by our care. Then at the end of your stay you are at the point with the negotiations of tariffs in the Moroccan and you can fend you for yourself. When you arrive at the Riad after welcome mint tea and paperwork we look together at a map of Marrakech to locate you and you walk as easily as possible by taxi, ride or simply walk to all the places you want to visit. For lunch in the sun terraces and restaurants in the evening with a true Moroccan atmosphere.
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is the first time we have written a review on Trip Advisor but after staying at Riad Noos Noos, we felt compelled to share our experience.

This was our first experience of Marrakech and we couldn't have chosen a better riad. We stayed for eight nights and were made to feel like we were in our own home. The riad is beautifully decorated, clean and provides a tranquil setting away from the busy souks. However, we recommend booking a transfer from the airport with the riad (15 euros) as it can be difficult to find; it is situated in the centre of the souks.

As soon as we arrived we were greeted warmly by Jacques and his wife Myriam who were helpful from the beginning. On our arrival we were presented with a map and Jacques talked us through where to go and more importantly where to avoid! Everything is within easy walking distance; it took us approximately 15 minutes to reach the main square.

Breakfast was substantial with a choice of jams, yoghurts, pastries, cakes, omelettes and crepes. The freshly squeezed orange juice was delicious! We ate breakfast on the terrace every morning with beautiful views of the mountains and Jacques never failed to come and see us to ensure we had a full programme for the day and to offer his help if needed. Nothing was too much trouble and when we booked an excursion through an external company and our driver was an hour late, Jacques waited with us in the souks until he arrived.

We were so impressed with the hospitality of the staff and were made to feel like part of the family. If we ever return to Marrakech, there is no doubt in our minds that we would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
We had a very good time together. You were very cute for your first stay at the Morocco and we felt the need to accompany you a little bit in this discovery also we have particularly take care of you. We are very pleased if you managed your stay thanks to our advice and you could enjoy the possibilities of fun in Marrakech and also services of the Riad. See you soon hopefully.
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed at the Riad Noos Noos late April of this year (2012), I think we hit luck finding this place because without a doubt I could easily stay here again if ever in Marrakech. It's location may be tricky to get there the first time because you sort of walk through a mini-souk to get to this place, what an awesome distraction, sort of a preview to the bigger bazaar over by the Medina. After one local escort to the Raid you'll have your bearings straight...if not maybe you better leave bread crumbs on your hand held GPS. Sooo....

About the property, we had a room on the top floor and it was perfect for our needs, there are larger rooms in the floors below and each room seems to be decorated in it's own theme...or what seems to be that way because I was only able to peek in during maid service, without a doubt they looked very nice. The entire property in well maintained, clean and safe, the owner (Laurant) is perhaps one of the nicest guys I have ever met through my travels....he is so relaxed, easy going and helpful. He employs a terrific staff, all very kind, smiling and at your service.

Breakfast is included and in my humble opinion it's terrific, I made sure I was up and ready for breakfast...I would be bummed if I missed it. Sitting in the breakfast area you look around and you can see that if Larant were to host a party, this place is set up for such things...if you pay close attention the atrium has what we may mistaken as a center piece that looks like a water fountain related but if you look closer it's a jacuzzi...well, I did see the nozzles. I thought it was brilliant because it sits under the open sky in the privacy of the property.

The roof top is designed for lounging in the sun, basically kicking back...lounge chairs, tables, big umbrellas and a bar, with the two rooms discretly placed whereas it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb if you're lounging up there.

I wished I had a few more nights in the Riad...to really let it sink in...check out the pictures...my review of the property may be short but for you travelers out there contemplating about booking here...do it, you won't regret it.

Respect the culture, remember where you're at...dress accordingly and enjoy your visit in Marrakech and your stay at the Riad Noos Noos...happy travels.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
It is true that I was in April 2012, the kind of rather handsome man Jude Law, just kidding of course, but still I'm happy to receive a personal compliment. Of course what makes me the most fun these are the compliments about the Riad. The fact that you had a very good time with us and the comforts of home to match your expectations. Thanks for all the compliments that goes me straight to the heart.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

My partner and I spent 4 nights in Riad Noos Noos in November.
It is in the centre of the Souks, in the Mellah, so everywhere is within walking distance.
On arrival the staff will give you a map so you won't get lost.
The french owner of this lovely riad was incredibly helpful to us during our stay. The staff were also very friendly and provided a personal and very high standard of service.
The riad itself is beautiful. The rooms are stunningly decorated, comfortable and very quiet.
I would recommend this riad to any friends and would definately use this riad if i go back to Marrakech.
The only downside was the poor weather, so we didn't get to use the roof terrace but we had a look and the view was amazing!
I will return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Of course at the time where I answer you the Sun returned to Marrakech and the terrace flower and the Sun to resell. I'm really sorry that you have had bad weather during your stay, it is the only thing that we can not control when we receive our guests. Thank you for have even written a favourable opinion on our House and his team who tries to do the best to make you spend a good stay despite bad weather sometimes.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

This was the first riad we stayed at while in Marrakech. First off, the owner (Laurent) and the rest of the staff (Jacque and his wife Myriam) were fantastic! They were very attentive and went above and beyond to ensure that we had a great time in Marrakech (even to the extent that they walked us to the main square so we knew our way and negotiated with taxi drivers to ensure we weren't paying too much!)

Be sure to order dinner while you're there... it's fantastic! Just make sure to let them know ahead of time so they can shop for fresh ingredients during the day!

As for the rooms, they are all awesome and the decor around the entire riad is beautiful!
Thanks to the staff for a great time!

Room Tip: The rooms all looked nice! Ours was upstairs on the rooftop terrace (#9 i believe) and it was great.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your sympathy, it is true that the market is close to the Riad and its fruits, vegetables, fish and meat are fresh. When we give our cooking lesson with our chief cook Fatima, we'll do the shopping together to visit the market, and it is the opportunity to make good pictures, then the proper marketing and then the best time : we eat what we have to buy and prepare. It is a very warm moment of conviviality.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

My boyfriend and I had planned to come to Marrakech for four days and then head to Barcelona for a wedding. Unfortunately, his passport was held back in the UK due to a visa renewal and I had to make the trip out to Marrakech on my own. I was a little worried at first because I was a woman travelling by herself in an old fashioned place but Laurent quickly allayed my fears.

The riad itself is beautiful and is situated a ten minute walk from Djemaa Al Fna, which is the beating heart of Marrakech. You have to walk through the spice souk to get to the riad and it's a scenic and interesting little jaunt.

Laurent is the host and was incredibly warm, thoughtful, hospitable and helpful. He was always helpful when I had questions about where to go and what to do. I had a wonderful trip and the riad and Laurent's graciousness helped a great deal. The room was beautiful and felt like an oasis after a long day of sight seeing. I would highly recommend staying at this Riad and I will definitely stay here again when I come back.

Tip: If you like photography you should definitely check out the Maison de la Photographie. You will be able to find out the history of some of the photographs hanging in the riad. Thoroughly fascinating!

Room Tip: Choose a room that is not the closest to the mosque as the early morning prayer calls might wake you...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you very much for your opinion, I just tried to make things easier for you and if I succeeded, I am well pleased. The Riad is fully available to our guests and if they need to be accompanied, we are here also to it. We had a very good time in your company and you'll always be welcome as soon as you decide to redo a round in Marrakech.

Been to Riad Noos Noos? Share your experiences!