“Best Chicken Brochettes I have ever eaten” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #96 of 700 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Pizza, Moroccan, International, Mediterranean, Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Including couscous semolina is rolled by hand, the famous pastilla, the tasty lamb barbecue, a variety of tagines ... Moroccan cuisine par excellence.
West Country, near Bristol
“Best Chicken Brochettes I have ever eaten”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

We stopped here for a drink and lunch before a visit to the Jardin Majorelle and, although tempted by the tajine, I opted for brochettes. They were probably the best chicken kebabs I have ever had the pleasure to have eaten, beautifully moist and tender, with a marinade that included thyme and oregano. They were served with a green salad and bread, and I really enjoyed them. I then had a couple of scoops of ice cream (nougat and chocolate) plus a capucchino. My husband had a slightly off tummy so he only ordered drinks for himself, but actually tucked into the bread as well, and said it was delicious and so fresh (I couldn't eat it as I must follow a gluten free diet). Not cheap, because it is in a prime location and, in fact, there were no tables outside but we were comfortably seated inside the restaurant. I would happily return to eat here, and to recommend the Pause Gourmande to fellow travellers to Marrakech.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
1 Thank Suzykay5

Guildford
“Why go further?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Good food and friendly service very close to Jardin Marojelle. This bistro has a combination of Moroccan, french and fast foods. It's a good place for people watching too.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
Oslo, Norway
“Does not deserve its rating”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Exiting the Jardins Majorelle at lunchtime, we were happy to find a top 20 establishment by chance. Two tasteless salads left us wondering if they somehow cheated to get that rating. Don't believe the reviews, this place offers nothing more than what the plastic-wrapped stuff you see in the window suggests.

Visited March 2014
london
“little gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Friendly, welcoming little cafe with lovely simple food at rock bottom prices, one to remember as well worth a visit

Visited February 2014
Settle, UK
“Lovely cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our lunch here after visiting the beautiful Jardin Majorelle over the road. Our waitress requested that we speak French since she was uneasy with English. Fair enough - only I wish my own French was better !! Lovely food. I had a delicious pastilla and I would recommend this to anyone feeling hungry. Cost was very reasonable.