“Great Holiday Experience - a few things to be worked on” 4 of 5 stars

Pickalbatros Aqua Fun Club
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18, Route de l'Ourika, Marrakech 4000, Morocco   |
Ranked #273 of 473 Hotels in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“Great Holiday Experience - a few things to be worked on”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Myself & my friend just spend 9 days at the AFC. Overall, a pleasant experience. The animation team are amazing - they work really hard and always have energy and time for every guest. We loved the fact that they played music during the day as well!

The areas that need to be improved:
Towers!! What a hassle we had with this! On the first night we arrived we ask for extra towels, we were 2 girls in a room so of course we need 1 large towel and 1 small towel for our hair. For the next 9 days after house keeping had been we had to phone everyday for extra towels. There were 3 occasiona where we phone for towels and never got them - rather annoying!

Wasps!! You need to do something about the Wasps at the pool bar! They are a nightmare! Regular clearning of the surfaces and some wasp repellent would help minimise this problem.

The Spa - The WORST experience I have EVER had in my life! Do not waste your time or money - a real let down for the hotel! So - first of all, we turned up at our allocated time and were left waiting for 15 minutes before someone took us down (only because I asked, despite the fact I was sitting in reception in front of 2 of the staff!) The spa doesn't even have a computerised appointment system - come on!! I can schedule appointments in my phone!

We then get into the room and I'm lying there for 15 minutes before someone comes in to start my treatment! There was no communication as to how long we would have to wait, why we had to wait nothing!

Then, my treatment starts, great! However, the noise outside from other guests was unbelieveable - it's a spa, a place of quiet and relaxation - not this one! None of the staff did anything to ask the other guests to quieten down. OH yes, let's not forget that someone came into the treatment room 3 times during my treatment - very private!

I left feeling extremely annoyed, not very relaxed and very disappointed concidering that was my last day of the holiday. Who ever the manager is needs to sort it out!

Room Tip: We had a room at the back so no disturbance from the music / restaurant
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
NORA-Guest-Relation, Responsable relations clients at Pickalbatros Aqua Fun Club, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Dear Sheeta13....,

First of all,thank you for posting your comment on tripadvisor.
Thank you for sharing your nice experience with us .
We are very pleased that despite some bad issues in the hotel (towels ,Wasps and the spa) we succeed to make your stay a great holiday experience .
Your feed back is a great value for us : in one hand it encourage us to keep up doing otmost to carry on providing the best quality for our entire guests ,in the other hand it push us working hard on the bad comments and improve it in order to prevent future occurence .
Please allow us to accept our sincere apologise for this and we are very sorry about the bad experience at the spa .We are highly concerned with your comments that are
receiving full attention .
We look forward to welcoming you very soon for another experience where we will be able to demonstrate to you a better service .

Thank you and kind regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
coventry
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Arrived hour before check in time but were given drinks and seen to straight away. Went to our room and saw we had only 2 beds when we needed 3. Rang reception and said they would put extra bed in. This never happened which meant squeezing an adult into bed with another. Room tired looking, bath had a crack in and safe didn't work. Mentioned to house keeping who rang reception and said again they would send someone! I will let u figure out weather or not they came!!
On the outside it's all very clean, lovely pools, good service in food area cleaning tables all the time. Enjoyed the food good variety to suit all tastes.
This hotel would be good if it didn't have such poor rooms. I've stayed here twice now and both times there has been a problem with the room not being up to standard. If you don't mind putting up with room then rest is really good. If quality of room is really important to you then you may be disappointed!
20 minutes from airport, we hired a car which was more convenient for getting about.

• Stayed May 2014
NORA-Guest-Relation, Responsable relations clients at Pickalbatros Aqua Fun Club, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Aminah ,

Thank you very much for your stay at the Aqua Fun and your feed back on your experience with us.
We highly appreciate your comments.
We have the big regret to know about the inconvenience you experienced with the room due to the safe and the extra bed .Please do accept our sincerest apologises for these desagreements.
Your feed back regarding these aspects are taking in consideration and checked by the head of department concerned for better sorting it .

we hope we will be welcoming you in the future for hosting you briantlly and offering you the service you deserve.

Best Regards.
swansea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Just returned from a week in the Aqua Fun Club, the hotel was lovely although felt that the room cleaning could have been a bit better, had to wait a few evenings for clean towels etc but overall the rooms were OK. The animation team were amazing, they were on the go all day and night, cheerful and always had a smile they really made the kids holiday. The Fire Show was outstanding!!! The only real negative thing to say was the food, especially for the children. There really wasnt a great deal on offer for them other than chips, pizza and pasta. If you are taking young ones there wont be a great deal of variety for them. I know it must be hard to cater for every nationality but something needs to be done more for the children. They did have a childrens corner but with no real variety, pasta, etc. Overall had a great holiday and would probably not consider returning just because of the food for the children.

Dear Kmoranswa,

Thank you for taking time to rate us on line ,we really appreciate .
We are really very delighted to know that we have succeeded in offering you an amazing holiday.
However we are so sorry and we have the big regret that we were not able to cater all your needs and to
meet all your expectations regarding the childern food .
Your observations and remarks are on the heart of our preoccupations they are taken in consideartion and has been discussed with the senior management so as to proove you that your comments receive our full attention in order to improve the quality of our product .

Please do accept our sincerest apologises for this matter and we hope you trust us by giving us another opportunity where we can demonstatre to you dear guests the best service .

Please feel free to reach to me via my email :graquafun@pickalbatros-morocco.com

Very kind Regards.

Bath
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I took 16 members of my staff here in February 2012 for a 3 day break and it was great. With it being in Feb, we were given rooms in block B and C which were large, clean odourless.
I returned with my family of 4 last week (during the half term) for a 7 night break but were on this occasion put in the rooms at the far end of the resort (rooms 4126-7 to be exact)
They were dirty, tiny, had bad sewerage problems and a broken shower.
We got moved to rooms 4202-3 which were not dirty, but had tiny bathrooms, broken showers, no WIFI connection, A/C that blew only hot air, birds nest complete with squaking chicks and wasps nest on the balcony.!!
The guy on reception (late 20's with BO) was abissmal in that when brought to his attention, he did nothing to help (all though he said he would) I think a lot of there problems can be resolved by a major overhaul of the rooms as the majority of the staff, water park, food and drinks were very good.
Make sure you visit the Souk in the daytime as is superb but dont in the evening as is a very different experience indeed !! Airport taxi should cost you no more than 500 dirhams to Aquapark. Will return to Marrakech but will be staying elsewhere

Room Tip: make sure your rooms are in blocks A, B or C until the others are refurbished
Dear Alfienand E,

We thank you for taking time to comment us on line about your recent stay with us .
On the behalf of the entire team we would like to apologise for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us .
Be sure dear guest that your comments receive our full attention ,we understand your disappointment and we realize that we have not been able to meet your expectations in the room quality and again we appologise for this disagreement ( accomodation & shower .)
This will allow us to make up for the reported inconvenience and to show our recognition for your loyalty & constructive feed back .
I will be very pleased if you if you contact me directly for a a future stay with us at: graquafun@pickalbatros-morocco.com.
We hope you will be giving us another opportunity to welcome you soon so us to demonstrate you how we care about your disatisfaction and to offer you the service you deserve.

Kind Regards.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I decided to go on holiday to Marrakech with my husband and three children as it is quite a popular destination and we have been to Morocco before. I chose the Aqua Fun Club because my children who are 10, 8 and 5 love water. I have travelled a lot with my kids and stayed in hotels in France, Tunisie, Italy, Spain, Turkey and Greece and this hotel was by far teh best one we ever stayed in. It was one of our most unforgettable family holiday. We were given two rooms because of the fact that we had more than two children. The rooms were very spacious and had pool view. The rooms were not next to each others but we did not mind as we only used the second room for sleeping as we were out all day anyway.
The food throughout our stay was excellent with a variety of oriental, continental and Asian cuisine. They had a barbecue as well almost at every meals and breakfast was just excellent with Moroccan pancakes being made in front of view. There was always plenty of food and even when we had late dinner from coming back from Town. The waiters were really good and helped to serve you or guide you when needed and were really attentive to any special requests. On one occasion we missed dinner and returned to the hotel at near midnight starving, and although the dinner service ended they happily brought us a tagine and some salads.
Everytime I requested something, like how to use the free safe, someone was sent quiet promptly to deal with our request. We requested extra pillows, we had them, we requested extra bath towels, we got them, we requested more toilet papers as my children waste half!! we got it!!
My kids got sun burn although we used 50+ protection and the hotel nurse offered us some soothing cream that did miracles. The reception staff were very friendly and professional and I would like to give a special thanks to a young girl called Fatima Zhara who made our stay even smoother.
I also used practically all the facilities of the beauty salon, I had my hair done, hammam and full body massage which was excellent.
The swimming pools were varied from deep water ones to paddling pools and the life guards were always happy to help and advise on slides.
Everyone was friendly and happy and apart from the disappointment of having to return to work, everything was really good.
Before leaving I check the reviews of the hotel and did not take any note of them as I like to see things for myself, and I am glad I did. I saw no dirty places, no loose wire or hanging sockets, I saw no dirty beds and my husband is OCD. I saw no sick people or stomach bugs, I did not see anything that may be deemed a risk to children and I work in child protection. I saw some bees around the pool but didnt see anyone getting bitten and to be honest with you Marrakech is very much surrounded by nature so I am actually glad to see some living creatures, it is natural!!!!
The entertainment was really goods with shows every nights and kids club everyday (my kids only used it twice as they preferred to be in the pool and I am never comfortable to seperate from my littles ones, and my 10 years old son thought it was for little ones, however they organise everyday activities for older children and adults which are all free like waterpolo matches, football tournaments, golf etc..... Even the holiday makers were nice saying hello when passing by and we met some lovely people from different places.
After a couple of days being there, the only think I could think about is when will we be able to return. We also met at the hotel a really nice guy who organises for you all the trips outside the hotel and was fantastic!!
What more can I say we will be back Aqua fun club and thanks again for your hospitality!!!
Malika

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
NORA-Guest-Relation, Responsable relations clients at Pickalbatros Aqua Fun Club, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Malika ,

Thank you for your wonderful comment on Tripadvisor .
Thank you for taking time to note your impressions with Aqua Fun .
Your excellent notations regarding the hotel ,all the facilities as well as all staff are encouraging us to do utmost to keep up providing the best quality of service for our entire guest.
We are trully delighted that your experience at aqua Fun with your lovely child did meet all your expectations and that your stay in our resort was the best stay you ever had. .
Be sure dear guest that your feed back will be useful for any person looking for a nice & relaxing place into Marrakech .
We are looking forward welcoming you and your familly very soon for another great and fantastic holiday .

Thank you Mrs Malika & see you soon.

Warm Regards from Aqua Fun

Sunbury-on-Thames, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

This hotel is brilliant. I came away with a friend and all we wanted was a nice relaxing holiday in the sun and that is exactly what we got.
The hotel staff are extremely friendly, there are so many staff around and all doing a great job. The hotel itself is kept brilliantly tidy and the outside is just so pretty. Every morning the pool area and paths would be cleaned and the flowers watered and the grass cut. The attention to detail was great.
We were all inclusive and the food was great too. I'm a fussy eater and found something every meal to eat.
The only slight let down for me was our room. The bathroom was tiny and the shower broken off the wall, we did ask the staff to fix this and they never did! However it was very clean we got fresh towels every day and the beds made. I wasn't too worried about the room as we got our holiday so cheap from leaving it right until the last minute to book I guess they sell off these smaller rooms cheaper.

The entertainment staff are great too, they really get everyone involved.
We left the hotel once to venture out into town to do some shopping and that was great too.
As long as all you want from this kind of hotel is relation then this is the one!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Kam ,

We thank you for taking time to note your impressions with Aqua Fun .
We highly appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay among us .
Your feed back is shared with a great pleasure with all the team and it 's a reward that will serve as an encouragement to all our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service.
However , we are so sorry for the desagreement regarding the shower that has been broken and never been repaired which we did not appreciate ,So please do accept our sincere apologises for this inconvenience .
This matter has been chekecd with the housekeepng manager & the director of maintenance and we are taking appropriate measures to sort it so as to avoid future occurence.

We are looking forward welcoming you very soon for another fantastic holiday where we will meet all your expectations .

Warm Regards.

Telford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Well well what can I say about the hotel it's amazing every one goes out there way to do things for u the hotel is very clean water park well well what can I say about that it's amazing very good fun but got to say a big thank u to one person yaya omg one very beautiful girl always puts a smile on my face and makes me giggle she's one on a million hope to stay in touch lots of love Danny thank u xxxx

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Dannyj129...,

We truly thank you for your kind comment on tripadvisor .
We are very pleased to know that your stay at the Aqua Fun was amazing and all the facilities provided succeed to make your experience unforguettable .
Your excellent notations are encouraging us to do utmost to keep up providing to all our guests the best quality of service that is conform to our standards ..
I do not miss the opportunity to pass your compliment to yaya she will be very happy for that.
Looking forward welcoming you very soon and all the familly .

Best Regards.
Nora Errahili.

Been to Pickalbatros Aqua Fun Club? Share your experiences!