“Last minute escape to the sun.” 3 of 5 stars

Pickalbatros Aqua Fun Club
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18, Route de l'Ourika, Marrakech 4000, Morocco   |
Ranked #273 of 471 Hotels in Marrakech
hertfordshire
“Last minute escape to the sun.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

We answered the 'too good to be true' 5 star, all inclusive luxury hotel as a quick blast of warmth before the winter really set in. Well, they try. The staff so obliging. Spotlessly clean. We were lucky to have a view to the rear of the hotel, over olive groves with the Atlas Mountains as a backdrop. Quite the best part of the holiday. A sheltered balcony to sit in sheltered warmth of the sun.
We became vegetarians, finding the only food we could digest was pizza, omelette and salad. The rest of the food we think only attractive to local digestion.
We watched arriving children so excited on noticing the aqua fun park. However, only opened for a total of a few hours in the five days we were there and the water so cold The poor little ones shivering.
Would we return. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Gloucester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Id like to start by saying this is the first review I have left on trip advisor. We booked this hotel very last min for a getaway from christmas madness. The thomson sales lady, wasnt very good on giving us information on good places to go....we asked for hot, heated pools a good place to take kids. First I dont think Marrakech is a place to take you children my eldest is 10 and was very scared the whole holiday. We only ventured out once and it was terrible, the hotel was very very clean, all day the staff are like bizzy bees working all day long, the only thing I found is they were very rude....unless you gave them a tip then they couldnt do enough to help you. 40 derham eq. to £3 a waiter would do all he can to help, but then every day he would hover around you to get his next tip. This is understandable when you learn of the wages they get for doing 18 hour days. But the entertainment team are fantastic to name....MIDO, NINA, AND 100% HASSANE they are really brilliant our kids loved them, they made the best with little facilities. If it wasnt for them this would have been a really boring holiday. I cant say enough how good these guys are genuine and lovely.

WIth regards to the aqua park, our girls were really looking forward to it, but none of the pools are heated we couldnt even use the aqua park once, the pools are like ice and most of the shoots were closed. The indoor poor is freezing the building it is held in is dark and freezing, none of the other pools are heated so if your children like to swim do not go here. the only heated pool is tiny and in the spa and guess what you have to pay except it stinks of mold, we had a day in the spa paid for a massage for hour....actually only half hour, a facial we didnt get, haman treatment lasted 10 mins and paid for my daughters nails to be painted....looked terrible even for kids nails.

The food was ok, we are not fussy at all when it comes to food but it is a case of chicken rice and salad everyday, pasta and not very good pizzas, the breakfast is a good meal fresh made pancakes and omlettes. The drinks selections isnt great very basic, but they do have lovely hot chocolates. The snacks are terrible basically afternoon snacks are left over from lunch kept warm and evening snacks are left over dinner kept warm.

I would like to say better things about this holiday, but it just wasnt there, If the sun wasnt out we were so bored and so was everyone else who was there. if the sun was out we enjoyed it more accept not being able to swim. It was the people we met and def the entertainment team that made is a ok holiday but I wouldnt book to go again

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

The entertainment staff were great especially Hassan and Mido. They work hard all day and made our trip more memorable. All staff were great and helpful.
Although the pools were cold, the lifeguards made sure to activate the slides requested. Great trip. The slides were great fun.
Visited Marrakesh before and will visit again soon :)

Room Tip: Rooms on floor 3000
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

The entertainment staff of Nina, Hassan and Mido were great and kept my little one happy. I was disappointed that the pools were however freezing and so although a little bit of paddling there was no chance for an actual swim and only a couple of very brave people went on the huge aqua park which seemed a shame. There was an indoor pool which was slightly heated but the room it was in was cold so not very appealing. The bedrooms were fine. The food was ok but as other reviews have said repetitive and not always very hot and running out of things a long time before the end of the dinner service. As I paid last minute prices I think it fitted the bill and I got what I paid for but think next time I would probably pay more to go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Our room was above the restaurant and their was no balcony and awful view although that was not an i...
Worcester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

We have just returned from a 3 day break at the Aqua Fun Club. We had a lvely room with a really comfortable bed which was at least a super king size! The sheets, duvet and pillows were all lovely and clean. We had a view of the Atlas mountains and an olive grove from our balcony. There was no door on the shower but I only realised it was missing when I visited my sons room next door.
The food selection was lovely although not always piping hot. There was always plenty and you could always find something that you liked. The alcohol was in plenty supply and the red was was quite good!
The swimming pools were lovely and the gardens and pools were kept very clean. The entertainment satff were lovely and there was entertainment of some sort mostly throughout the day.
The only part of the hotel that I did not think was up to scratch was the spa. The sauna was "tepid" and the jacuuzi was definately not the best that I have been in. There was also a strange smell in the spa.
Apart from that it was a lovely place to visit out of season.

Glossop, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Although I did really enjoy my holiday at the aqua fun club the rooms were very nice large comfy beds flat screen TV nice bath with shower hotel very clean grounds immaculate ..the water park looked great obviously we didn't use being December and a tad cool the staff are pretty attentive and wait on you .. I have been going all inclusive for many years in many country's and although I couldn't fault anything apart from the food there was 3 restaurants to choose from all served similar food I found all the food not hot enough not enough choice of main courses pasta chicken or beef in several guises in all 3 restaurants every day I was disappointed there were no Moroccan food .. the breakfasts were good and so were the tasty cakes and deserts ... went all week no problems until the last day woke up 4am in agony and hardly left the toilet for 12 hours just in time tg for the flight home ..sat here now 48 hours later no food just fluids something I ate really bugged me excuse the pun ..anyway I do really rate the hotel and I was carefully what I ate maybe I was the unlucky one still no choice in the end ..the country was an experience never to forget very poor but extremely friendly may go back who knows

Room Tip: The hotel shuttle bus to Marrakech can if asked to go on the 1st one and return on last because 2 ho...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Jersey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Me and my friend visited for a week last June to celebrate after graduating from University. A nice hotel, with large modern rooms and variety of restaurants. The hotel also has an aqua park attached to it so has an impressive array of swimming pools and slides. The hotel also has a free shuttle bus between the hotel and Marrakech town. On the downsides the nightlife wasn't suited to young adults and was more aimed at children. The spa was also a huge disappointment. Me and my friend booked a package on our last day only to turn up and be told they didn't have enough staff. We were then made to wait two hours in a tiny room, the treatments were less than satisfactory and the scrub left us with horrible burns! However apart from the spa which I'd avoid this is a hotel worth staying at if you have a family and are looking for a hotel with lots to do.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
NORA-Guest-Relation, Responsable relations clients at Pickalbatros Aqua Fun Club, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear guest ,

We thank you sincerely for sharing your experience with us at the Aqua Fun .
It was a great pleasure to know that you did like the hotel and its prestation .
We value your feedback regarding all the issues of the hotel good and bad points .
Your remarks are very precious and will be taken into serious consideration so as to better manage our buisness and improve the quality of service.
we thank you for trusting us and will be very pleased to account you as habituel guests .
we look forward to welcome you in the near future for another better experience over all at the spa .
Best Regards .
Mrs Nora Errahili
Guest Service Manager.

Been to Pickalbatros Aqua Fun Club? Share your experiences!