“Excellent” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #275 of 464 Hotels in Marrakech
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Everyone was friendly at this hotel but im going to point out a few people who were really helpful one of them was Hassan the other was Mehdi and the other was Youssef and Mina. It was a nice holiday thanks to these people

• Stayed October 2013
NORA-Guest-Relation, Responsable relations clients at Pickalbatros Aqua Fun Club, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear guest,

First of all thank you for your nice comment on tripadviser and many thanks for having time to share your nice experience at the aqua fun .It was a real pleasure to read your positive feedback regarding our quality of service as well our team.
We look forward to welcome you back in the near future so as to meet all your expectations.
Warm & Best Regards.
Mrs Nora Errahili.
Responsable Of Guest Relation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Reading some of the reviews before we went made us a little worried but I do not know what some people were moaning about as we had a fantastic holiday. The only issue we had was when e arrived at about 11.30am and were told that we could possibly have a room ready for us after we had had lunch so we went off and looked around, had our lunch then returned to reception. They said to come back in an hour, an hour later we had to wait a bit longer and then about 3.30 we were eventually given our room. This wouldn't have been an issue for us as the sign at recpetion says that check in is at 3pm but it was the promise of a room earlier and keep going back and forth that was annoying. From then on everything was brilliant though. Abdul, the low cost holiday rep, was absolutely brilliant. He was so friendly and kept speaking to the reception staff on behalf of us about the room situation when we arrived. We booked 2 trips which were both brilliant.
Our first trip was to Ourika Valley in the Atlas Mountains. It was half a day long and we had our personal driver and our own english speaking guide, both called Mohamed. They were absolutely brilliant, so informative and friendly and very good at keeping us safe when practically climbing a mountain to get to the waterfall! I would recommend sensible shoes for this trip as I only had sandals and it was quite scary! This was the best trip I have ever been on on a holiday, the views were beautiful and going into the berber house and having moroccan tea was a great experience. The second trip we took was the camel ride, this was great, something I've always wanted to do. Once again we stopped off for Moroccan tea, it's nice but very sweet! We also took the shuttle bus into the medina one morning, this was an experience! We weren't hassled as much as I thought we would be, just say no and walk on, although we were bombarded with monkeys and ended up paying a stupid amount to have a photo taken as we didn't manage to agree a price before he chucked the monkey on me!
The best part of the holiday was the Animation team. Absolutely amazing! Ishmal and Simo in particular. Usually I don't like being hassled into taking part in things on holiday but this team were so friendly and funny that they made you feel part of everything and it made you do things you wouldn't usually take part in like aqua dance! So many activities going on throughout the day around the main pool. This is where we liked to stay as we enjoyed the music playing and it had a good atmosphere. On the cloudy days they had alternative activities such as shooting and tennis so always something to do, there was also a mini golf course. Evening entertainment wasn't as good but the piano bar was a nice place to go for drinks and they always had something going on, just maybe not to everyone's taste. The Moroccan show had a snake charmer that thought throwing snakes on the floor and making everyone scream was entertaining!
Food was great, so many options that we ended up going to the Italian restaurant to have pizza and then going over to the other restaurants to have a whole other meal! At breakfast they served these delicious freshly made Moroccan pancakes with honey, they also had freshly made omelettes as well as the usual pastries and also cereals and breads. There was always plenty of food we liked so I don't understand why people have said there wasn't a lot of variety.
The whole hotel was spotless, staff were constantly cleaning and gardening so everything was well kept. I don't understand why people have said it's hard to communicate with some staff, everyone we needed to speak to understood us and were friendly and willing to help. Porters were always there to take luggage for you, restaurant staff very on the ball with taking your plate when you have finished, one particular man in the Italian restaurant was very friendly.
Always sunbeds available, we went in september so it wasn't busy like it would have been in the holidays obviously but there was a really nice relaxed atmosphere and I felt safe leaving my stuff by my sunlounger as I went off to get drinks and stuff (obviously not valuables!) The waterpark had some great slides, not everything was always open at the same time but I guess this is because it was out of season and wasn't as busy but it was still great fun.
This is my first review I have written because I really felt like I needed to write about how great this holiday was and how much effort the staff put in. We would love to go back and think others should give it a go!

Dear guest,
How nice of you to write a kind review about your stay in our hotel .
Thank you for having time to share your good experience at the aqua fun .we are very delighted to know about your satisfactory regarding our quality of service as well our staff.
we are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future so as to meet all your needs a
and anticipate your expectations .

Best & Warm Regards.

Mrs Nora Errahili
Responsable of Guest Relation.
carlisle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Just back from this hotel. Rooms facing the fields at the back of the hotel smell of bad drains but that apart the rest was brilliant. Couldn't fault the staff or the animation team. I've read some of the reviews some of the things ring true but I can honestly I've never had a better holiday. The place was quiet not a lot of guests so no queing in bars or food halls. Weekend a lot of locals arrived sat/ sun and Monday and Thursday the public is allowed in. Food was excellent far better than turkey or Egypt, and cornflakes or rice pudding for breakfast. Rooms were clean and fresh towels daily. Our room was on the ground floor next to the spa and overlooking the pool. Nothing was a problem to the staff, the reception staff were excellent I could single out Imani who sorted out a couple of thing for us. Abdul the low cost bed man sorted out our trip for us. The annimotion team were spot on hard to single out any one of the they were all very good. Well it works for me if any of the staff are reading this I am coming back in the middle of November. cant wait I would recommend this hotel to anyone but the water park is brilliant for kids. This place has 10 pools 8 outdoor and 2 inside. good kids disco as well. Bit too far out of town for me although they run a bus into it 10am to 12.30 or 12oc to 6 pm. But you could get on the 10 am bus and come back at 6pm. having said I could not fault the complex

Room Tip: pick a room facing the pool. garden views face fields not belonging to the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
NORA-Guest-Relation, Responsable relations clients at Pickalbatros Aqua Fun Club, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear Guest ,

We really thank you for sharing your nice experience with us at the Aqua Fun & many thanks for your kind comment on tripadvisor ,really how nice of you .
In addition we are very pleased to know about your satisfaction regarding the quality of service as well the staff .we value your feedback which help us to imrove our management .
We are looking forward welcoming you in the near future .
Warm Regards.
Mrs Nora Errahili.
Responsable of Guest Relations.
gloucestershire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Customer services terrible, rude and un helpful when you have a problem, first day here i asked for a drink got a hand in my face and a NO! Food is terrible fish and chicken cold and its all out of a tin, in the broucure it says 3 al- carte resturants not one, cooked and un cooked meats being prepared and cooked with same utensil, we have all been really ill with bad stomachs and vomiting, Apprently its a no mosquito place we have beeen bitten all over and because it said no mosquitos we havent got no repellent.Most of the rides are not open and we have to ask to get them open which they was not happy with. At night we was all in the balcony and at midnight they switched the lights of to get us out.We had things stolen and no attempt to sort this for us. If it wasnt for ismil i think i would be depressed, he should be the manager, staff in italian resturant and animation team great. Entertainment is a joke nothing on at all. Never coming back!!!

scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I had mixed feelings about this hotel like many other reviewers who had read previous comments.I neednt have worried,The food was good and varied.There was plenty of choice with pasta and pizza freshly made with your own choice of ingredients.Spicy tagines,asian food and a beautiful variety of salads and fresh fruit.(which rep said it was safe to eat along with ice in your drinks as they use filtered water and to brush your teeth with as long as you dont drink it as it has a high chlorine content.My husband and son did have a slight stomach upset but nothing that would spoil our holiday).Some food could have been a bit warmer.We had some wonderful soups and lots of fresh breads,Chefs made fresh omelettes at breakfast,again with your own choice of ingredients and would also fry an egg if you wanted.
I found all staff to be very friendly andf helpful.Always smiling.Some spoke perfect English and others struggled but overall we managed to communicate.we wanted to tip some staff for the great service but found it difficult to single anyone out.We chose 4 that we thought deserved it most.
Hotel is spotlessly clean.I have never seen so many cleaners and gardeners in one hotel before.Thay constantly clean the pools and surrounding areas and the gardens maintained.Maid cleaned room every day and I had read about problems with towels.One day they took towels away at 10am and by 7pm we had to phone reception as they had not replaced them.Within 10 minutes someone brought then to our room.Pool towels were supplied and easy to get too.
Some people mentioned safety issues with broken or loose sockets and we had one in our room as did my son in his.Obviously this is an issue but as we dont have any small children we were not concerned but be wary if you have.
The aqua park was very quiet at this time of year so there was no queueing but only sections were opened at a time but that was fine.
Entertainment was poor but we didnt want any.We had dinner and a few drinks in the evening then bed.
Our flight home was 11.40pm but we were allowed our room until 4pm(as hotel has arrangement with Thomsons) but independent travellers have to be out by 12pm.We were allowed to eat,drink and use faciities until we left at 9pm and could use spa to shower.
We used hotel courtesy bus into city which was great.The only trip we took was to the Atlas mountains which was great apart from locals trying to get you to buy goods and being taken to pottery shops etc by the guide.Overall though it was well worth doing.
We had a great relaxing holiday but I think going in high season would be very different.I dont know if hotel copes well at full capacity and I think the poor reviews have come from people travelling then.
It was great value for money and you get what you pay for.It is not 5 star but neither was the price.People who are complaining should remember that.
Try this hotel out of season and I am sure you will enjoy it.

Dear Guest ,

First of all we would like to thank you for sharing your good experience with us at the Aqua Fun ,
we really owe you over lasting gratitude.we are very pleased to know about your satisfactory
regarding the quality of service as well as the staff.
All your feed back will be taken into serious consideration so as to improve our quality and meet all our guest's expectations.

Best Regards.

Mrs Nora Errahili
Responable guest relations
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We booked this hotel despite reading mixed reviews about it. We arrived there on 09/09 for one week. We found it on Thomson holidays but booked it cheaper on Last minute as we booked 2 weeks before. We arrived around 11pm and the reception people were really nice and was given a welcome drink which was a really nice touch. And as we were starving hungry (as Thomson airways do not give meals, you have to purchase it) we were pleased to find out that the Italian restaurant opened until 11:30 pm. We didn't like the food but we said maybe it was late and the food will be better tomorrow.
We were given our all inclusive band but they didn't give a band to my 10 year old son and the next day he was stopped by security while wondering in the hotel and taken to reception where he told them which room he was in and confirmed our names. We didn't take much notice and we laughed about it. But the reception should have given our kids there bands once we arrived. As they have lots of day visitors that use the water park.
Breakfast was not as we expected. It had some weird looking food and lots of it didn't look appealing at all. And some was a bit dodgy. But there was a lady preparing a local kind of bread called 'mosamin' which was delicious and freshly made. It was worth queuing every morning for 15 minutes to have It hot with honey. Also they had omelette that the chef made to order. But other wise we stuck to bread and butter. And they also had one kind of cheese slices and one type of cooked meat slices. It was disappointing with other meals as well. The worse restaurant was the Italian as the chefs there were so unfriendly and had no idea about how to make a simple pizza sauce or proper spaghetti. It was so bland. No herbs no spices in any of the food which was surprising being in Morocco. They had crêpes served daily which was nice as a snack between meals. My kids really enjoyed it. It didn't get any better during the evening meal as we expected to have Moroccan Tagines but as I said before it was a variety of bland food with no real taste to it. One night they barbequed kofta and as there was a big que our kofta was raw in the middle. I felt sorry for the chef as he was outside with nearly no light to see if the meat was probably cooked or not and it was lightly raining. Most of the week they had a fish dish but the best was fried fish and others had no taste. Desserts were horrible and if the chef brought out any good tasting cake or cookies they would go as soon as the plate was put down as it wasn't enough for everybody. We might sound fussy but we usual go to a different country every year and the food we had in Cyprus and Turkey was much much better. The head chef has to be changed. The food really let's the hotel down. And we took a decision never to go to morocco again after this.
When we arrived the hotel was quieter than expected. But we were there after the summer season finished. so most of the hotel was occupied by Moroccan families. So few of the slides were not open and the pools were not that busy. Which was a good thing. But a few days in our stay other British tourist started to arrive. And the hotel got busier.
The pools were amazing. The best. Clean and Fully supervised from 10am till 6pm and the lifeguards were very good. They rescued 2 children during our one week stay( parents fault as they left young children unsupervised nothing to do with the hotel) which made me feel at ease knowing that my 3 year old is safe having him in the kids pool and my 10 year old in another pool. The slides were amazing (some scary). I have to say the water was freezing. And the weather didn't help as it was cloudy most of the time. But we chose to go September and people working at the hotel said it was really hot July and August. So maybe September wasn't the best time but it was hot enough for us and good weather to visit the market( it's very hot with all the people inside the covered area).
The hotel had a free bus service twice a day, morning and afternoon, to the market but it's best to visit in the evening but the hotel will charge around 400 Derhams to take the bus and taxis outside will charge the same. There was a shopping centre on the way to the market and the driver of the bus will happily drop you off there on the way to the market. Which we visited for shopping and bowling when the weather wasn't so good to swim.
Most of the hotel employees spoke Arabic and French which was a bit tricky for English people and when British tourists came to stay a few days into our holiday. The animation team done there best to speak English as well. It wasn't that hard for us to communicate as we are fluent in Arabic but I felt sorry for people who knew no French or Arabic as it was a bit harder to communicate.
Another positive thing about this hotel was the animation team. Really nice and most spoke English. They were really friendly and worked so hard. There was a really lovely lady called Souad she run the children club and kept the kids entertained in the evenings. She was very friendly and sweet my son loved her. He still talks about her now. The children club was nice. They had some games and cartoons (in French) and took the kids to the restaurant for tea as well which was a great break and it gave us grown ups time to visit the water park and sunbathe.
The hotel rooms were clean and spacious enough. I read some reviews about not enough towels or toilet rolls. But we couldn't complain about that. they cleaned our room daily and we had fresh towels and enough toilet rolls. But when the hotel had more people staying a few days after we arrived we noticed that the hand towels were taken to be washed in the morning and brought back early evening just out of the dryer as they were still warm which indicated they didn't have enough.
Check out time was at 12. And as our Thomson flight was at 11pm. We spoke to the reception to ask if we could stay for an extra few hours so the kids can get washed and dressed after swimming. But they said we have to pay extra to stay in the room and have meals all day. We explained that we arrived at 11pm and were charged for a full day but they insisted that we pay an extra 500 derhams. Feeling we had no choice we paid. But the next day the weather was too cold to swim and we ended up hanging around the pool until we went to the airport.
Another negative thing was the WiFi. So so weak. You can get connection in the lobby and some very little places around the pool. But none in the rooms. And we went in a less busy time I really feel for people who went in peak season they probably had no internet at all.
To sum it up the hotel is very nice but needs some improvements and it's great if your planning to stay in the hotel most of the time as it's location makes it hard to visit Marrakech town as often as you want to as your left in the mercy of taxi drivers which could be expensive. We had a great time. So relaxing and peaceful. Having better food would have been great as we all suffered holiday tummy for the last 3 days and 3 days after we were back! It must be the raw meat.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a week, after reading some negative reviews we were a little sceptical about going. However on arrival we were pleasantly surprised. Greeted with a cocktail, our room was ready, our luggage was taken straight away. The room was spacious, clean and had a fab view overlooking the pool. The food overall was good, breakfast was the same everyday but with freshly made Pancackes and omlet what more could you want. Dinner and supper were lovely, I'm a fussy eater and managed to pile my plate full every day, there was plenty of choice the food was hot and plenty of it. The pool area was spotless they were constantly cleaning. There were plenty of sun beds, and with all the pools to choose from you could be in the middle of the entertainment or at a quieter pool. The water park was amazing, we had Soo much fun, the slides were safe and lifeguarded at all times. The park was quiet which made it even better. Drinks were great you could have anything, and more than one at a time. The only bad point about this hotel is that entertainment in the evening is poor but we made our own fun which was fine. The free shuttle bus was great to get in and out of marrakesh city. The towels are old but good enough to use by the pool, we wernt given out towel card when we checked in, I went back to reception and didn't have any problems at all. Over all I would say this was a fab holiday, I would certainly go back and have recommended the hotel to friends already.

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Pickalbatros Aqua Fun Club? Share your experiences!