“Relax and Enjoy” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #278 of 465 Hotels in Marrakech
Banstead, United Kingdom
“Relax and Enjoy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Fabulous Holiday...Good food,and good fun in the aqua park,the grounds and hotel itself are beautiful...Night time entertainment was very basic,i'd definitely bring a long a couple of good books and a packet of playing cards,it is very much a wind down holiday...the rooms are basic but fine for a good nights sleep,,if you are looking for a luxury room then i bekieve you can upgrade but we were fine with ours,it was clean and comfortable with a nice little patio and chairs to have a moonlight drink from...would we go back...100% ....we went as a couple but it would be brilliant for families,but not for young clubbing people,you'd be bored for sure...but for those who want to relax this is the hols for you :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Grimsby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is a difficult hotel to rate to be honest. What they get right is excellent but what they get wrong they get very wrong. The pools are the cleanest I have ever seen, there is plenty of room and very little queuing for slides if at all- all excellent. Something we were not told when we booked is that the water park is open to the paying public but they are not permitted into the hotel areas so there are always ample sunbeds. However, having three insufficient pillows and towels in the room and on some days no towels at all. Reception told us that we had to wait until 8pm for towels !! At the pool we were told we could only have two towels even though there were four in our party and this happened a lot. Parts of the hotel are in a bad state of repair , even in the main reception area bare electric cables which are live are hanging out of the walls. Toilet paper is another issue - seems to be a shortage of it both in the rooms and public toilets. Our room on arrival was a disgrace and only following my insistance with the manager that something was done about it did we get moved to a good standard room. In short - the customer service is terrible and the worst I have ever seen - the reception staff simpy do not care !!!! So, would I recommend this hotel ? Actually yes - the slides and pools make the place - just dont expect too much and be prepared to complain just to get the basics that you would expect from any hotel.

Room Tip: Be prepared to complain, there are good rooms here but upon arrival they seem to put you in a poor r...
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed at Aqua for 7 days 9th August. On arrival check in seemed to go ok, staff were polite and spoke English. When walking to our apartment we were chased by staff saying that they had booked us into the wrong room..we didn't mind and found it funny as this is what we had read from other people's comments. We were shown to our new room which hadn't been cleaned at all bins still full dirty towels on the floor and to top it off only 3 beds for a family of four! Husband went and complained within the hour another bed was put in we think we slept in clean sheets as the beds were made when we arrived as for the towels that took 2 days luckily we took our own plus they only seemed to give 2 towels per family this is disgusting. We had issues with power cuts as did other guests and the shower was always changing temp. Once we had complained the maids were in every day cleaning the room. Food was good lots to chose from although other families and children with no manners and rudeness let the restaurants down pushing and shoving food on the floor this wasn't the staff's fault but parents raising rude children. Pools were amazing and the water park was excellent life guards on all pools aqua park is open to the public but the life guards keep them in check when messing around in the pools. We had a group of lads that were messing around and standing on each others shoulders this was dangerous as their we're little kids around but it was soon stopped. Animation team have the hardest job ever they do so well kids are entertained. Evening entertainment is just terrible unless you just want to sit around in the lobby and have a few drinks at the bar, their is nothing for adults at all...we took a trip into the markets well worth a visit. One thing I have to say is the camel trip and the Moroccan night is a must WOW! This made our holiday you can book this with the rep, it's a business that has just started and it was mind blowing proper Moroccan tents and food camel rides, belly dancers, fire pits then just sitting under the stars with wine and drink. The kids enjoyed themselves and we did but you have to remember this is a other country with a very laid back attitude towards things, all in all an ok holiday....oh and every one of us came back with upset tummys but great tans!

Room Tip: When arriving be prepared to move rooms so don't get comfortable and remember the tax you have t...
Clitheroe, Lancashire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

My husband and I travelled to the Aqua Fun Club last week and there were so many things that we were dissatisfied with that I compiled a list while we were still there to ensure other travellers were warned about it! Marrakech is an awesome place, but I think our holiday would have been much better if we had stayed elsewhere! Apologies in advance for the length of this review - there's lots to say!!

Check in: We arrived late and were surprised to find the whole complex silent and apparently deserted. The reception staff at this point were pleasant and checked us in quickly. We were given a fruit juice, which we thought was a nice touch, but strangely no wristbands for the All-Inclusive (we realised we needed them the following morning after seeing fellow guests with them) and no card for beach towels. We then proceeded to wait for what felt like an eternity while another family (who checked in after us) were shown several rooms apparently not to their liking. As we waited, several staff were milling about and ignored us, even though it was late and we just wants to get to our room and sleep. We were given very little information about the hotel facilities, or a map of the site, which was huge.

Reception: Staff rude and unhelpful. Laughed at or looked baffled with everything we said. Did nothing about any query we had. Very thankful that nothing serious happened that would have required their help, such as illness or injury - would not be confident that they would give a toss! All to happy to use the "language barrier" as an excuse when they didn't want to understand. Kids EVERYWHERE in reception, sprawled out, running around, screeching and shouting. Wifi was terrible due to them all using iPads etc constantly. The only time I could get a decent wifi signal anywhere in the hotel was at 3am when all of the kids had gone to bed.

The room: Extremely basic and absolutely nothing like the pictures online. No way typical of a room in a 4* hotel. Big TV and fridge, which was good. Surprised to find (after unpacking most of our things) that there was no balcony, but just a sliding door that looked like it opened to a balcony, but led to a railing. Disappointing, as we had specifically booked a room with balcony, and annoying as most of our things were unpacked by this point so it would have been a pain to pack up and traipse over to reception to ask to be moved. The bed was big and very comfortable, but the under sheet was not big enough to cover the whole mattress, so there were gaps at the top and bottom. Not the best for hygiene, I don't think. The day before we left, housekeeping changed the bed (odd, as they hadn't done it for the rest of the holiday and seemingly pointless as we were leaving the next day) and removed the duvet cover altogether, expecting us to sleep with an exposed duvet. Again, unhygienic considering that others could have slept in it that way. I visited reception about this and phoned them three times to ask for a cover - no response. Receptionist hung up on me the last time I called. Pillowcase had a mascara stain on it. The bathroom was modern, yet dirty - lots of mould/scale about and hair in the plug hole when we arrived. The maids did not appear to clean it when they came every day. Toilet kept on running, shower fluctuated violently between freezing and scalding, maids broke the shaving mirror and left it hanging off the wall one day - my husband fixed it in the end. Towels were scruffy and had holes in. The air-con was ok, but you need better than "ok" when it's 45 degrees outside. One day, a plug socket fell out of the wall, leaving electrics exposed. I went to reception (again) and phoned twice...nothing. The maids must also have seen it on several occasions and did nothing. The bulb was out in the shower, resulting in having to shower in semi-darkness. The maids did nothing about this either.

Food, drinks and restaurants: The food was excellent. Lots of variety, many options at all meal times, freshly cooked creeps, eggs, omelettes, pizza and pasta made to order. Food was very tasty and I enjoyed every meal I had. The website says that there are 4 restaurants or so, which is misleading as three of them are actually together, with different serving areas. The food ey all served wasretty similar too. Restaurants were spoiled by the other guests and staff. I've been to many all-inclusive hotels in the past and have never encountered such messy, greedy and rude fellow guests. It was as if they were scared that they wouldn't eat if they didn't manage to fill their plate NOW! Lots of children running about, which is dangerous when you're carrying plates of boiling hot food and waiters are carrying heavy stacks of plates. Parents were just as bad, pushing in, eating with their hands from the buffet etc. Lots of people piling tables full of food and not eating half of it. Even worse, the floor was absolutely littered with food and debris each meal. Tables were covered in crumbs and sticky stuff - the whole week I NEVER saw a waiter wiping a table. They must have done at some point though, as I saw a filthy cloth lying on top of a stack of clean(?) cutlery that they were about to lay tables with. One day, there was a bread roll (amongst other things) on the floor and five waiters walked past it without cleaning it up. People would just leave litter, food, cups, glasses wherever they finished whatever it was they were eating/drinking, leading to litter in random places throughout the hotel. Every other plate I picked up was dirty. If you came to the buffet at a busy time, there were no plates or glasses. That said, there were always tables free and lots of places to sit in the evenings. There were hundreds of wasps around the drinks machines and bars. The all-inclusive was good though; they were not fussy about how many drinks you ordered at a time, the soft drinks were self-service, lots of variety in drinks, and beer was in cans, therefore not watered down and easy to take to drink a last couple in the room. One morning there was a hair in my toast. It wasn't just sitting on the top either, it was BAKED IN.

Pools: Excellent. I counted 9 just from our balcony. Very well-maintained, generally clean and with a lifeguard at each all day. Very easy to get a sunbed at most - a couple were busier than others. The little four-poster beds looked awesome, but guess you'd have to get up at at least 3am to reserve one (should have done this when I was up using the Internet!) however, lots of the sunbeds were broken/torn/stained. Felt misled, as one of the main reasons we booked this hotel, despite thinking it would be full of kids, was that there were "2 adults-only pools" - there weren't. Lying around. The pool wasn't as relaxing as you'd think, as there was CONSTANT loud music being played that could be heard everywhere in the hotel. It went on until 2am one evening. Complimentary towels were a nice touch, but these were tatty, stained and only available during a small window of time each day. Around the pools and th gardens were being cleaned/tended to constantly. However, water from the pool was used to clean the paving, which I'm guessing is not the most sanitary. Whenever the gardens were watered, a terrible stench of sewage was released. It also seems that pool water was considered all-purpose as we also saw it used to cool down a barbecue which food was being cooked on at the time.

Aqua Park: Brilliant! Lots of excellent slides, no queues, different little boats to go on and lots of sunbeds if you wanted to lounge there. However, I saw lots of people slip over due to water everywhere on shiny tiled floors, one was a lady carrying a small baby. Most of the pathways were painted dark red, which was too hot to walk on without flip flops (then what do you do with them when you're on the slides?) It also said there was a wave pool, which there wasn't or it was broken (like many things in this hotel) The bar in the Aqua Park was pay only, which was annoying as we had wristbands, which should have made it obvious that we were hotel guests.

Entertainment: The animation team worked really hard with the kids, and seemed to have lots of energy, even in 45 degree heat! Night-time entertainment was terrible. Kids' club started at 9.30pm, and was th same drills each evening. There wasn't anything worth mentioning for the adults. One night was Moroccan night, but nothing worth noting apart from a "snake charmer" (guy who flung a couple of snakes and a scorpion about by the pool) I must have heard "Gangnam Style" and "Diamonds" a million times on this holiday, and I hated both even before I went! The piano bar upstairs would have been a good place for adults to relax and entertainment, but again this was overtaken by kids plonking on the piano and screeching/running about.

We took the shuttle bus to Marrakech, which was brill. The shuttle was on time, free and only took around 20 mins.

Check out: We were beg collected at 9pm and as usual were asked to check out at 1pm, which was fair enough. The hotel posted a note under the door to say that it would be 200 Dirhams per hour if we wanted to keep our room (£15. An hour.) Ridiculous! We declined and used the showers in the Spa to get ready in. There were 3 showers and one worked (no bulbs again - bulbs must be expensive in Morocco) Good job there weren't a lot of people waiting to shower, we might still be there now! Reception seemed to think it was perfectly fine to leave our packed suitcases unattended in reception all day while we were by the pool. I wasn't comfortable with this (At the airport: "Have these cases been in your sight since you packed them?" "No, I left them unattended with loads of random people in a hotel reception for eight hours" - I doubt they'd let you on the plane!) As a result, we had to take our cases with us around the pool all day. Maybe I'm too untrusting, but I'm not sure I'd feel confident that the reception staff would have prevented anyone from fiddling with my cases if I'd left them, or that one of the dozy bellboys wouldn't have accidentally put them onto someone else's coach!

Overall, I feel that this hotel was let down by the people in it, both staff and other guests. It's in bad repair, dirty and not looked after, seemingly by anyone who comes into contact with it. It seems that too many people who don't care have been through it's doors, and that the people in charge haven't done much to keep it as nice as it clearly must have been when it was refurbished back in 2011. No way way is this anywhere near a 4* even by standards abroad. If you're one of these people who are happy to make mess, leave litter and let your kids run wild, then you'll love this place. If not, then use your money elsewhere.

Room Tip: Excellent rooms - if you like dirt, exposed wiring, tatty towels, stains and no duvet cover. If not...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Went here Beginning of August. Had an amazing time. Me my partner and my daughter. We all had a 5 star time from food to staff and hotel. You couldn't possibly need more on a holiday than this hotel offers. Being able to speak a little French helps but not a problem if you can't. Always someone happy to help. So many pools to go in and water slides to go on. Thank you to all at the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

After reading some of the reviews on here we were a bit apprehensive of what to expect.
We were two friends travelling for a relaxing holiday.

We arrived late in the night to warm welcome by all the staff and given a meal before being shown to our rooms.

Our ground floor room was made up of twin beds, a balcony and a big bathroom. The room was spotless and kept that way throughout our stay. It was easy to get clean towels and everything worked well including the hot water and air conditioning. Beds were extremely comfy.

There were around 4 or 5 pools you could sunbathe round with some being busier than others.
Sunloungers were comfy and there was some four poster beds with draw round curtains. Typically, however, a lot of sun loungers were 'reserved by towels' (a pet hate). I heard some people saying they got up at 4am to get the best sunbeds. I struggle to understand how anyone can call getting up at 4am to reserve a sunbed a holiday, its just stupid.
The slides were incredible, well manned and safe.
Pool bars were ok, bottle water freely available. The major down side were the amount of wasps that flew around the drink dispensers. They seemed to have no pest control to get rid of them and as the day progressed the amount of wasps flying around seemed to do so also.
There is a pool towel/card scheme so you don't have to use your own.

There were 4 restaraunts to choose from, all buffet style. A stand alone italian, and a meditteranean, taggine and asian restaraunt which would could walk between. Breakfast was always ok, with cereal, some hot dishes and there was always a chef to make fresh fried eggs and omlettes.
Lunch became repetative but still the food was of a good standard and there was always a chef making fresh mini cheese and tomato pizza.
Evening meals was always of a good standard with buffets changing nightly and if you weren't feeling adventurous the italian always had a pizza and pasta stand where you could choose what you wanted and have it cooked for you.

Yes, the hotel was slightly away from the town centre but it didn't really bother us. The hotel has an amazing view of the atlas mountains and there is a free shuttle bus that takes you into the town centre if you dont go on any pre-organized trips. It only runs twice a day though.

The entertainment team was one of the highlights of the holiday. They all worked so hard doing activities in the day and got a lot of people involved. The evening entertainment was even better with a live band on a couple of nights a week and then themed nights on others including a moroccan night with snakes, scorpions and belly dancers.
I read a few people saying that the hotel staffs engligh was not good. We did not experience this at all, it was perfectly adequate. We also had no problems with our room but did speak to a couple of people that did (eg one couple didn't want to be on the ground floor) and all problems that we heard of were sorted out quickly and efficiently.

All in all this was a good value for money hotel. The rooms were clean, the food was nice, the slides were amazing as was the entertainment.
The only down side to the hotel was the wasps round the pool bars and the reserving of sunbeds. Good place for young couples and families.

Room Tip: Room 209 was ours, very centrally located to all the restaraunts, ground floor, pool view and a view...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Boston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is a great hotel. We visited 4/08/2013 with our 2 children aged 12 and 10 on an all inclusive basis.
The Hotel was very clean and the busy staff seemed to take great pride in keeping it that way. Our room was cleaned and fresh towels were provided daily. Our room was a good size, had a decent sized balcony and nice views of the Atlas Mountains. The air conditioning was good and the room was divided by sliding doors which gave us and the kids some privacy. There was a fridge, safety deposit box and TV provided in the room.
The quality and variety of food in the restaurants was good and the Aqua park, swimming pools and poolside areas were well maintained with plenty of lifeguards on hand supervising the use of the slides and pools. There is a free shuttle bus which takes guests into Marrakesh town twice daily and is really easy to use.
The whole complex felt very relaxed, yet safe and the staff couldn't have made us feel more welcome. Both the kids and ourselves had a fab holiday and we would revisit ourselves and recommend.

Room Tip: Not a particularly noisy hotel. Rooms at the rear of the hotel have nice views of the Atlas Mountain...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Pickalbatros Aqua Fun Club? Share your experiences!