“26th May - 9th June” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #265 of 460 Hotels in Marrakech
Essex
“26th May - 9th June”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I came here with my nan, mum and two daughters (11 & 13)
The hotel is great. All the staff are very friendly especially the entertainment team who all worked hard and did a fantastic job. Unfortunately there isnt enough of them so the entertainment in the evening was lacking. I think this is something that the hotel needs to consider. I would definately have returned if the evenings were better. I will be sad to say goodbye to the team as they were fantastic.
There were a few incidents when people slipped (my daughter being one of them) over due to the staff not using wet floor signs but she was seen by a nurse and then a doctor at the hotel. Her elbow was a bit sore but she was ok after a couple of days.
The food is ok I have had a lot worse but can be a samey especially after 2 weeks.

Room Tip: ask for a room above the restaurants facing the pool. or perhaps the new block
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We've just returned from our 2nd trip to Aqua Fun Club, having enjoyed it so much last year we decided to return. We travelled with our 2 boys, aged 4 and 5, and would throughly recommend this hotel.

Whilst it wasn't perfect it's saddened me to read some of the damning reviews and I can only wonder what some people expect from such a comparatively cheap holiday. The staff are generally really friendly and everyone we spoke to had a good command of English. We asked to change rooms for a pool view, which we were told initally wasn't possible but, with polite persistence and good humour, we got our way! Our room was clean and well-maintained, although the air con wasn't working initially. However, one phone call to maintenance and it was fixed within half an hour. The maids amused our boys each day with different hiding places for their teddies, and folding their pjs into various shapes and designs, and we didn't experience or hear of any compliants of loss of belongings. In fact I left a t-shift in our 1st room before we changed rooms and the maid delivered it back to me before I even realised it was missing.

The food is fresh, varied and nicely presented and the waiting staff are always keen to help and very polite. The waterpark is fabulous - great for all ages - and there were lifeguards on duty in each of the numerous swimming pools. Life jackets were readily availabe for children, and I can't see why anyone would mind signing for them as the exact same ones were for sale in the hotel shop so could easily get muddled up. The lifeguards were friendly and polite and always made the effort to interact with the children.

The entertainment was good - a fun, if predictable, children's disco at 9pm, which our boys throughly enjoyed, and a talented local band. The staff were great with the children and always cheerful despite working long hours. The free shuttle bus into Marrakech is a great bonus and Marrakech is certainly worth a good few visits. We also did a trip to Ourika valley, which was beautiful.

All in all a great holiday, full of fun, and we'd certainly consider a 3rd return visit. It's just a shame that some people seem determined to find fault.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
chadwell Heath
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I enjoyed myself but There were bad points about this hotel which if these were improved upon then the hotel would be excellent and it's a shame that these let it down.

We went in May and the Swimming pool water was freezing and unfortunately due to this being an aqua park we couldn't enjoy it to its fullest extent. This made us get ill so was a big down side but something the hotel needs to think about on how to improve upon.

The other bad point was reception staff were awful whereas on the other hand the entertainment team were fantastic. If the hotel improved on who they selected to employ on reception that would improve the place to a great extent.

Apart from these two important points its a great sized hotel, we liked the little park, the small crazy golf, the football and tennis court and of course the aqua park I feel that was good value for what you pay. There are life guards at every pool which is great to see they do take seriously.

There's always ways to make this better of course and I really hope the owners listen to its customers as with my views above.

joanbirmimgham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

great hotel ismail helpin me to the nurse when I said I didn't feel well........great guide to market.....food nice and love pancakes my girls add a great time ......... apart from the bread which you can see threw gym window .great time the women and men cleaned non stop .

Room Tip: try get pool side I was at back with no balcony
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

That's completely true as that guest said, food was the same every day, thieving house keeping, no signs when the floors were wet. Yes and the pregnant did slip, I nearly broke my arm whist on the water slides along with my 7 year daughter coming of a dingy, health and safety really poor, no speaks english at reception only entertainment staff, same old entertainment every night(band sings same songs everyday) kids entertainment starts at 9pm every night so they get tired & fall asleep so making you take to bed. Bees and flys around the soft drinks at the bars, no vanilla ice cream for kids had to wait 2 days for this, toilets in open areas you can easily see in the men's.( reflecting from a large mirror). Good for kids not for adults this place is a jail, Once in you can't get out! Hundreds questions asked at security at hotel gates. Do you self a favour go to a different place, trust me.

Room Tip: Don't bother better of indoors
Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
kingswinford west mids
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stayed at the Aqua fun club returned 4/6/13 this was a last minute booking.
we arrived at the hotel at 10pm took over an hour to check in due to the hotel not being able to print our holiday voucher and kept asking me to use another computer and pay which I refused .
The room was fine pool view large enough for the 3 of us very clean and tidy .. Our room was ok with the shower water temps but others were complaining of extreme temperatures burning temperatures and unsafe .
Food was ok you wont starve pizzas were nice , always chicken , beef veg available but nothing on a five star level more 3 star.
Beer in the bottles was good and wine although they ran out of vodka and wine often on an evening..
Aqua park was fab kids loved it had so much fun always a lifeguard available by the pools and on slides.
Hotel was spacious and clean.
plenty of sunbeds .
Animation team friendly but need more to do as if they had no water park kids would have been bored.
My crocs went missing loads of people had shoes taken I did report this but not found.
Evening was ok disco everynight until 12 so kids were happy .

In general we had a great time a few moans not many as we knew what to expect . I would go again for a short break only not as my main holiday even though my daughter loved it with her friends.

Room Tip: go by the pool
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Aqua fun was an amazing holiday for me, I loved it an plan to go back in september, brilliant place for kids an family. Animation team were awesome. Fatima ismail and abis. Fikri was always there to help he was a star. Over all reception staff wernt so great due to language barrier. But it is theplace to be.

Room Tip: Pool view is the best
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Pickalbatros Aqua Fun Club? Share your experiences!