“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Du Golf

Save Saved
You added Hotel Du Golf to your Saves list
Hotel Du Golf
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Circuit De La Palmeraie BP 1488, Marrakech 40060, Morocco   |
Ranked #245 of 460 Hotels in Marrakech
Sao Paulo, SP
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

I attended the ICN Conference Meeting there last month. Hotel was really nice however service not so good. I believe it is a problem of Marrocs and not really from the hotel, because the staff was always really nice. Rooms are conformable and breakfast too. The only problem is the distance from the city, however the hotel offers vans that go the city several times.

Room Tip: Avoid the pool area.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Palmeraie_Palace, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Du Golf, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Maria.

Thanks you for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay at Hotel du Golf Marrakech.
We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed the compliance of our rooms and the quality of our breakfast, for the distance between the hotel and the city we have a free shuttle service that leaves five times a day and there is also a transportation service that will provide you a car at the time you need.

We hope to welcome you back to our Hotel in the not too distant future.

Kind regards.

Guest Relation Manger.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Very pleasant environment, the staff was very helpful, the area was perfect for resting, I would recommend you try the spa as well,
Don't miss the amazing breakfast
A big thanks to the Hotel team especially Miss Samia

Room Tip: ask for rooms with swimming pool view
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Palmeraie_Palace, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Du Golf, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear pierre.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of staying at Hotel du Golf Marrakech, Your satisfaction is our greatest reward and we were delighted to read your comments on our Hotel.

Thank you very much and I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back with us.

kind regards.

Guest Relation Manager.
Basel, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights in April 2014 for a conference. When I arrived home, I realised that I had left my favorite shirt hanging in the cupboard in my room. I emailed the hotel to ask if they could save my shirt, and pass it to a colleague staying at the hotel. However, the hotel didn't respond to multiple emails nor telephone calls. Once the hotel has taken your money and you have left, obviously they care nothing for service. Or maybe they don't pay their staff enough, and they have to supplement income with guests shirts?

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Palmeraie_Palace, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Du Golf, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
dear Smith.

Thanks you for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay at Hotel du Golf.
Your feedback which is genuinely appreciated as we use this to know what improvements we can make to our product and service.
We have read and understood your thoughts and regret that they were not up to your expectations,
We look forwarded your comments to the manager of the department concerned and we assure you that the necessary measures will be taken to avoid this kind of fact in the future.

We hope to welcome you back at Hotel du Golf Marrakech in the near future.

Kind regards,

Guest Relations Manager.
United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Getting there & Check in
We got to the hotel by taxi from the airport and it cost us 150 dirhams about £12. We were met by the bell boy/porter who welcomed us and carried our suitcases into the lobby. We were asked to sit down and fill in some forms. They asked for my bank card and they said it was just for guarantee. The receptionists were ok, I saw faint smiles here and there. I think the staff are quite nice when you get to know them, they just have difficulty communicating fluently in English so they are hesitant to make conversations .
The receptionist explained breakfast times and pointed us to where the spa and fitness room were. I asked about the Internet and shuttle and she showed me the hours that the bus comes. Someone carried our luggage to our room and then showed us where everything was in the room. When we tried to give him a tip he said no it was ok, he was just doing his job. Amazing to get service without the expectation of a tip.

The Room
When we got to our room, we were stunned by how beautiful it was. Our room was the standard room but quite stunning with very modern decor and amenities. There was an LCD tv with what I think was some kind of cable..lots of channels inc CNN, MTV, Max movie channel, Bloomberg, MBC1-4 and others in French and Arabic.
The bathroom had a lovely oval shaped bathtub with shower option and toilet with a sliding door. There was a balcony overlooking the golf course and mountains, Tea and coffee facilities but no milk. Hairdryer, sep toilet, .
The only downside was that there was barely any wifi signal in our room maybe because it was at the back. We mentioned at reception and they said they would send someone the next day to look into it. The person never came but we would once in a while get two bars of wifi that came for a few mnutes and disappeared for hours.

Food & Dining and Service from Staff
We went to the restaurant on one night for dinner. It was a buffet, nothing special. 280 Dirhams per person. Several meat dishes including chicken, lamb, fish, pasta, rice, salads etc
Breakfast is varied with plenty of cooked and continental food available. They also make pancakes and omelettes while you wait.
They have Moroccan and English tea but no herbal or green tea unfortunately which I love. They do have the Moroccan mint tea which is ok.
The staff speak French mostly but some can speak a bit of English. Contrary to what other reviewers said, the staff were quite helpful and very friendly towards us and we can barely string a sentence in French.
Every evening they came to our room about 7pm to ask if we were ok, if we needed any towels, pillows, teas etc
We used room service for dinner twice and it was good value and food was tasty. Much better value than buffet if you want a la carte.

Hotel and Services
The Lobby and outside pool area is stunning at night. Lots of lights and lit up fountains.
Beautiful pool area, shame the weather wasn't great during our visit so we didn't make use of this lovely area. The indoor pool which is located in another sister hotel down the road was a bit far for us to bother with. There is a shop were you can get drinks, snacks like biscuits, sweets etc which other reviews said was 5-10 mins away...it's quite far more like 18-20 mins brisk walk.
There was a conference on the day we arrived, thankfully it finished the next day.
Hotel was quiet, close to empty and very clean.
After reading other reviews we were worried about the shuttle but it came on time everyday and picked us up in the afternoons without any hassle much to our relief.
Times

15.30
17.30
18.30

Visiting the Town Centre
We went to the old town medina.
Personally I think the Medina is overrated. It's dirty and full of shopkeepers battling each other to lure you into their small shops and entice you to buy things.
However you can see Moroccan people in a more natural environment and get souvenirs, Aegean oil, spices, incense etc
You can also be entertained by dancers, snake charmers etc at the main Square. If you take pictures you will have to pay them. We went on the hop on hop off bus but didn't think much of it, compared with other countries were we have used it. There are two lines, one for city and one for outskirts. The tourist bus experience wasn't that exciting and I think the 48hrs ticket is a waste of money. 24 hours ticket is 145 DIR and that's all you need coz tour lasts about an hour without hopping off and the other line that goes to oasis and palamaire lasts 1 hour 10 min. The good thing is the Oasis tourist bus passes by the hotel if you want to get off, just ask.

Check Out
On our last day, they let us stay in our room until 1pm so we could relax. At check out there was some misunderstanding about taxes, they thought we had to pay them but I assured them they were included when we booked our holiday through a third party travel agent. They phoned someone to verify and it turned out I was right and they apologised.
In all we enjoyed our stay at this beautiful resort and if in Marrakkech again we would definitely visit again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

we were surprised by the slow check in and the bad behavior of the lady ( black eyes and hair) in the reception.
she does not know how to talk politely or how to properly treat customers. we were offended by here treatment .
the rooms are very nice and stylish. the hotel is modern and very clean. very great location for golfer.

they definitely need to review the quality of the service and to train their staff. however, you feel that there is no manager behind the employees .Not worth 5 stars, If you are looking for 5 starts service go to sofitel and do not stay there.

the breakfast is correct , but for a 3 starts hotel.

I do not recommend this hotel at all for people who are used to luxury hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I've read the last couple of "reviews" on this hotel by others and I cant believe we are talking about the same hotel. I work in the travel industry myself and see lots of hotels when I go away. This one compares with any 5* I've been in. I found the staff to be friendly but due to my lack of French and maybe their lack of English (though the higher up the chain you went the better the spoken English became) we got by - theres not too many ways to order a meal or a beer. The rooms are very comfortable and the hotel is spotless. I agree re the bath tub and the curtain,looks great but a walk in shower would maybe have been better. Apart from that the wi-fi worked perfectly,even out by the pool. I ate dinner 2 nights during the stay,the choice was good and the standard excellent,same for breakfast.The only thing I would change is the choice of TV channels for English speakers - theres only so much CNN news you can watch !! There must have been 15 French channels though maybe balance things out a bit. The hotels bar was very good,they had nice music playing and a guy called Hamid was very attentive with the service and even had time for a quick chat which is always good. My only 1 gripe was 2 of the nightclubs in the complex,Moscova and Narjis - is it really necessary to charge MAD 100 for a bottle of beer which the hotel itself only charges MAD 40 for? Overall a great experience and I would definitely return

Room Tip: Try get a ground floor with access to the pool
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I have been attending a large business meeting at the Hotel this week. In fact we used both the Hotel Du Golf and the adjacent Palmeraie, where I have stayed before. This is a very nice complex and has significant potential. Since my last trip in 2011 there has been investments in restaurants, bars and other parts of the facilities.

This hotel is OK, but certainly not up to European standards. I have been here several days and I see lots of staff trying their best to do a good job, but nobody smiles and they have that lost look like the are significantly under paid and overworked. They are very interested in tips and you get that guilty feeling about what you tip when you look into their sad face.

My room was acceptable, but nothing more. It has this strange shower set-up with a oval shaped tub and a shower curtain that does not go all the way around the tub. This creates a significant mess and is frankly unworkable. The mirror is off-set from the sink, which caused me to cut myself shaving.

Service is OK, nothing spectacular and not what you would find in Europe, but again this is Morocco and people should not have that expectation at a place like this. In my opinion they have too much staff - people standing around restrooms all night waiting for it to need to be cleaned.

I used the gym which could be a nice place but is not. No paper towels to clean the equipment, broken equipment, dirty equipment, poorly maintained equipment, TV system works poorly. No towels to use while working out, so the equipment is grimy and unhygienic. The locker room is tight, the sauna dirty. And the most difficult issue was lots of locals using the gym and the intimidating manner which they take over the place, talk loudly, monopolize the equipment and generally make you feel like you should be someplace else.

I thought the food was good. It's not Paris but they did an OK job.

In the end you just have to remember this is Morocco and adjust your expectations.....

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Du Golf? Share your experiences!