“Perfect place to stay in Marrakech” 5 of 5 stars

Riad Mazaya
17 Derb El Arsa | Riad zitoun Jdid, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #116 of 1,054 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Perfect place to stay in Marrakech”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I highly recommend Riad Mazaya. Not only is it very well presented, clean, quiet, comforting and welcoming with nicely decorated rooms, but the owner Frederique is very helpful and knowledgeable about all things tourist-Marrakech and able to advise/book on restaurants, tours and the likely prices for shopping items in the souks. The breakfast is fantastic, the rooftop terrace is the perfect place to take it, and the service great. I would also recommend getting some dinner here - order in the morning for the evening and you can have food that is the equal of a restaurant but at a better price and in the convenience and privacy of where you are staying. It is like having your own private restaurant.

As for the location, this Riad is only 10 minutes walk from the main square Jnamm El Fna (I timed this), and closer still to some of the other attractions such as the two palaces and the Dar Si Said museum. It's also not far from one of the Medina's small car parking areas, which is convenient if you book a tour or airport transfers.

I stayed here for a week and I can't imagine a better place to say in Marrakech.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
riadmazaya, Propriétaire at Riad Mazaya, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank you very much for your message. Our entire team is very pleased to read your comments and know that it is a pleasure for us to have received. And your opinion is very important to us. Nothing makes us happier than to know that your stay was enjoyable. I wish you good luck in your life and see you soon may be. Frédérique

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Hove, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed here in mid May for 8 nights in the Vanilla Suite. Highly recommended, very clean & comfortable, Frederique was an excellent host & very helpful on tips for restaurant's & Sights to visit. Barka worked tirelessly preparing the excellent breakfast's for the mornings & lovely meals for the evening & keeping this lovely oasis spotless. The location is perfect, inside the Medina & 10 mins walk to Jamaa el fna/Palace Bahia . The alleyways are a little daunting but the people were very welcoming & friendly. We had a meal on the Terrace one evening, thank you Badr, he always seemed to know when we were approaching the front door late at night.
The Terrace is perfect for chilling out & catching some sun & shaded area's were nice and comfortable. all in all would love to go back some day.

Room Tip: Vanilla Suite very spacious & comfortable. on 1st floor a little quieter if you want a lay in.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

An oasis and perfect location for experiencing Marrakech. We asked if a driver to pick us up from the airport as we arrived late in the evening Feb. He walked us from the taxi stand right to the door where we were warmly welcomed.

The accommodation is stylish, new, well maintained and clean and service from staff is excellent you cant wish for more! Breakfast is a treat sat in sunshine on the roof terrace, try the mint tea late afternoon and a cosy fire side relax with a glass of wine before venturing out for your evening meal.

We have recommended this Riad to colleagues, friends and family. It was our first time in Morocco and we asked lots of questions like places to eat and see nothing is too much trouble. Frederique was brilliant and went out of her way to ensure we had a great stay.

As us you may now be considering to stay outside the medina in one of the many chain hotels, don't as you will be missing out.

Room Tip: Boutique style ensures no room is a bad choice
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Brookfield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at Riad Mazaya in mid-November. We arrived in the evening to be greeted by the owner Frederique. She was very gracious and made us feel welcome immediately. Interestingly, she commented that she had never had American guests before. We were invited to sit and enjoy some refreshments of mint tea and snacks. The Riad is charming and beautifully appointed. We stayed in the Chocolate Suite, which was very nice. The room was spacious and comfortable and featured a luxurious private bathroom and amenities such as WIFI and international TV. We were even able to have some beer and wine delivered to our room. We only stayed one night, but in the morning, Badr mace us a wonderful breakfast. Fresh fruit, pastry, amazing orange juice, coffee, tea, Moroccan pancakes. Everything was delicious. The Riad is in the Medina and is a short walk to the Market. Very quiet. I wish we had more time. If you are looking for a place to stay in Marrakech, I recommend Riad Mazaya.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed at this Riad for a wedding in May - what a find! Not only is the accommodation fantastic, but the people were wonderful, so welcoming, friendly and nothing seemed too much trouble . So well done Frederique - you've achieved a great success and pass on thanks to Barka and Badr. While only 10 mins walk away from the bustle of the main square, when you're relaxing on the roof terrace it is an oasis of tranquility......amazing. The beds are so comfortable (I slept like a log), the shower spacious and lovely gels and body milk. The riad manages to be both spotlessly clean yet homely at the same time. It is a gem, which we would love to visit again and would highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I spent a total of about ten days in this Riad. I have to say it was my favorite Riad in my months holiday in Morocco. It was so bright, cheerful and welcoming. The place is extremely clean. Which can be attributed to the hard work of Barka. Who is just a lovely woman! She also gave me a cooking class while I was there. Which I thoroughly enjoyed! I was also given some spices that we used in the tagine. How thoughtful was that! Badr is the evening person who is also a very nice young man who always made sure I had my evening wine. Both of these individuals were very kind and accommodating. Which of course leads me to Frederique who is the owner of the Riad. I don't think I can give her enough praise of how welcoming she makes one feel. My first night in the Riad she actually walked me to the square, giving me landmarks for future outings so I wouldn't get lost. As a fifty plus solo traveller with a very poor sense of direction, this gesture was beyond appreciated! And you know, I never did get lost and actually gained the confidence to explore further in the souks.

Frederique was amazing! She was always available and the staff were not afraid to call her if you had any problems. It just gave you the feeling that you mattered. I cant really say that I experienced that elsewhere during my trip.

This is where I will be staying on my next trip to Marrakech. And its people like Frederique, Barka and Badr that make you want to go back! Thank You for such a wonderful visit to Marrakech.

The Riad is very tastefully decorated with each room having a different color theme. I stayed on the ground floor on both visits and both rooms were just lovely. And would be happy with either one of them

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Hexham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed in the Riad Mazaya for two nights and it was fantastic. Friendly, helpful staff with excellent bedrooms. The location was excellent, 10 minutes walk from the main market square Jemee El Fna and within 2 minutes from Tax's making it ideal for trips to the airport / bus terminals of Marrakech. Located down some quiet back allies there is no hussle and bussle or problems sleeping.

The accommodation and service was ideal! Relaxing, comfortable and affordable. If we are ever in Marrakech again we will be staying in the Riad Mazaya. The staff were very friendly and approachable and didn't hesitate to help out with any questions we had about Marrakech. They went out of their way to ensure we had a great stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Riad Mazaya? Share your experiences!