“Luxurious Riad In The Heart Of Marrakech” 5 of 5 stars

Riad Mazaya
17 Derb El Arsa | Riad zitoun Jdid, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #84 of 1,031 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Luxurious Riad In The Heart Of Marrakech”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at Riad Mazaya in mid-November. We arrived in the evening to be greeted by the owner Frederique. She was very gracious and made us feel welcome immediately. Interestingly, she commented that she had never had American guests before. We were invited to sit and enjoy some refreshments of mint tea and snacks. The Riad is charming and beautifully appointed. We stayed in the Chocolate Suite, which was very nice. The room was spacious and comfortable and featured a luxurious private bathroom and amenities such as WIFI and international TV. We were even able to have some beer and wine delivered to our room. We only stayed one night, but in the morning, Badr mace us a wonderful breakfast. Fresh fruit, pastry, amazing orange juice, coffee, tea, Moroccan pancakes. Everything was delicious. The Riad is in the Medina and is a short walk to the Market. Very quiet. I wish we had more time. If you are looking for a place to stay in Marrakech, I recommend Riad Mazaya.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed at this Riad for a wedding in May - what a find! Not only is the accommodation fantastic, but the people were wonderful, so welcoming, friendly and nothing seemed too much trouble . So well done Frederique - you've achieved a great success and pass on thanks to Barka and Badr. While only 10 mins walk away from the bustle of the main square, when you're relaxing on the roof terrace it is an oasis of tranquility......amazing. The beds are so comfortable (I slept like a log), the shower spacious and lovely gels and body milk. The riad manages to be both spotlessly clean yet homely at the same time. It is a gem, which we would love to visit again and would highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I spent a total of about ten days in this Riad. I have to say it was my favorite Riad in my months holiday in Morocco. It was so bright, cheerful and welcoming. The place is extremely clean. Which can be attributed to the hard work of Barka. Who is just a lovely woman! She also gave me a cooking class while I was there. Which I thoroughly enjoyed! I was also given some spices that we used in the tagine. How thoughtful was that! Badr is the evening person who is also a very nice young man who always made sure I had my evening wine. Both of these individuals were very kind and accommodating. Which of course leads me to Frederique who is the owner of the Riad. I don't think I can give her enough praise of how welcoming she makes one feel. My first night in the Riad she actually walked me to the square, giving me landmarks for future outings so I wouldn't get lost. As a fifty plus solo traveller with a very poor sense of direction, this gesture was beyond appreciated! And you know, I never did get lost and actually gained the confidence to explore further in the souks.

Frederique was amazing! She was always available and the staff were not afraid to call her if you had any problems. It just gave you the feeling that you mattered. I cant really say that I experienced that elsewhere during my trip.

This is where I will be staying on my next trip to Marrakech. And its people like Frederique, Barka and Badr that make you want to go back! Thank You for such a wonderful visit to Marrakech.

The Riad is very tastefully decorated with each room having a different color theme. I stayed on the ground floor on both visits and both rooms were just lovely. And would be happy with either one of them

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Hexham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed in the Riad Mazaya for two nights and it was fantastic. Friendly, helpful staff with excellent bedrooms. The location was excellent, 10 minutes walk from the main market square Jemee El Fna and within 2 minutes from Tax's making it ideal for trips to the airport / bus terminals of Marrakech. Located down some quiet back allies there is no hussle and bussle or problems sleeping.

The accommodation and service was ideal! Relaxing, comfortable and affordable. If we are ever in Marrakech again we will be staying in the Riad Mazaya. The staff were very friendly and approachable and didn't hesitate to help out with any questions we had about Marrakech. They went out of their way to ensure we had a great stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Munich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I stayed a total of four nights at Riad Mazaya, located in a tiny alley in the medina of Marrakech, very close to the Bahia Palace. I really loved my stay there. The riad is very clean and lovingly decorated, from the inner courtyard to the five rooms. Every room is dominated by a different colour and was designed individually.
I stayed three nights in the Suite Vanille, the most expensive room, which is located on the first floor and has a very airy touch because of its spaciousness and the bright colours. I also stayed one night in the room Mandarine, located on the ground floor, which is the cheapest room, but also stunningly beautiful with its warm orange colour.
The beds are equipped with fluffy white duvets. I always slept like a log- not only because the beds were so comfortable but also because it was so quiet. You didn‘t hear anything of the hustle and bustle in Marrakech.
In the shower room you find complimentary shampoo, shower gel and body lotion in nice flacons. By the way, the toilet is separated from the bathroom.
On the rooftop terrace you‘ll find several sun loungers where you can relax after a long day in bustling Marrakech.
Breakfast is served on the terrace and consists of mint tea, freshly squeezed orange juice, crêpes, bread, batbout, honey, jam and fresh fruits. Far too much for me to eat! :-)
Last but not least I have to write about the people at Riad Mazaya who had a big share in making my stay perfect (forgive me if I don‘t write down your name correctly!): Barka, who served breakfast and tea during the day: she is a friendly lady.
Badr, who takes care of the riad by night: a tall young Moroccan, always being helpful and kind. He fetched delicious sandwiches for me in the evenings and he escorted me to a taxicab at five o‘clock in the morning so that I didn‘t have to go alone through the mazy alleys.
Frédérique, the French owner of the riad: She is a WONDERFUL host, very caring, generous and friendly. She kept my company during breakfast and always took the time for a talk. Thanks a lot, Frédérique. I will always fondly remember my stay at your great riad. When I return to Marrakech, I will definitely stay at Riad Mazaya again. And next time I will try the Hammam and Spa!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to Riad Mazaya? Share your experiences!