“Fantastic Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #117 of 1,054 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Hexham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed in the Riad Mazaya for two nights and it was fantastic. Friendly, helpful staff with excellent bedrooms. The location was excellent, 10 minutes walk from the main market square Jemee El Fna and within 2 minutes from Tax's making it ideal for trips to the airport / bus terminals of Marrakech. Located down some quiet back allies there is no hussle and bussle or problems sleeping.

The accommodation and service was ideal! Relaxing, comfortable and affordable. If we are ever in Marrakech again we will be staying in the Riad Mazaya. The staff were very friendly and approachable and didn't hesitate to help out with any questions we had about Marrakech. They went out of their way to ensure we had a great stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Munich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I stayed a total of four nights at Riad Mazaya, located in a tiny alley in the medina of Marrakech, very close to the Bahia Palace. I really loved my stay there. The riad is very clean and lovingly decorated, from the inner courtyard to the five rooms. Every room is dominated by a different colour and was designed individually.
I stayed three nights in the Suite Vanille, the most expensive room, which is located on the first floor and has a very airy touch because of its spaciousness and the bright colours. I also stayed one night in the room Mandarine, located on the ground floor, which is the cheapest room, but also stunningly beautiful with its warm orange colour.
The beds are equipped with fluffy white duvets. I always slept like a log- not only because the beds were so comfortable but also because it was so quiet. You didn‘t hear anything of the hustle and bustle in Marrakech.
In the shower room you find complimentary shampoo, shower gel and body lotion in nice flacons. By the way, the toilet is separated from the bathroom.
On the rooftop terrace you‘ll find several sun loungers where you can relax after a long day in bustling Marrakech.
Breakfast is served on the terrace and consists of mint tea, freshly squeezed orange juice, crêpes, bread, batbout, honey, jam and fresh fruits. Far too much for me to eat! :-)
Last but not least I have to write about the people at Riad Mazaya who had a big share in making my stay perfect (forgive me if I don‘t write down your name correctly!): Barka, who served breakfast and tea during the day: she is a friendly lady.
Badr, who takes care of the riad by night: a tall young Moroccan, always being helpful and kind. He fetched delicious sandwiches for me in the evenings and he escorted me to a taxicab at five o‘clock in the morning so that I didn‘t have to go alone through the mazy alleys.
Frédérique, the French owner of the riad: She is a WONDERFUL host, very caring, generous and friendly. She kept my company during breakfast and always took the time for a talk. Thanks a lot, Frédérique. I will always fondly remember my stay at your great riad. When I return to Marrakech, I will definitely stay at Riad Mazaya again. And next time I will try the Hammam and Spa!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to Riad Mazaya? Share your experiences!