“Closed on Monday! Heavily booked on Tues- but we squeaked in, thankfully.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pepe Nero

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 667 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Italian, Moroccan, Mediterranean, European, Vegetarian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: PEPE NERO Restaurant Marrakech : A place of flavours on motion where the senses are constantly coddled Khalid and his team represent the same soul of a single ingredient: Excellence. This where I devote myself body and soul to my passion: cooking We strive to always be precise in our gestures, attentive to the oven, skilled with knives, a sharpened sense of smell, an eye to the market, intransigent with the quality of ingredients and demanding in the kitchen.The battle I fight every day with my team is the oldest in the world:That between the hand and fire.We created the sort of restaurant we would like to find ourselves..Pepe Nero was born to engage and satisfy our passion : Taste, without any constraints or formalisms, with simplicity.But not only. We believe that there has been a generational change in customers who are rather apprehensive of locations that are over formal.With this new role we want to clear away taboos and bring haute cuisine into step with the times.
Chertsey, United Kingdom
“Closed on Monday! Heavily booked on Tues- but we squeaked in, thankfully.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Yes this is indeed one of the better restaurants in Marrakesh. After a week it was a relief to eat something other than Moroccan and the Italian option was superb. The starter Eggplant Parmigiana with Tuna and Mozzarella was amazing, so packed with flavour. I had taglietelle bolognese for my main at it was good but needed parmisan. My wifes chicken & Pecorino was also very very good.

The extra touches of Proscetto (sp?) and hors d'oeuvres and general level of service warrant a clear 5 stars.

1 Thank Mike B

“Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

We did not have a booking but managed to have dinner here. We were all vegetarians in out party and we all thoroughly enjoyed the food.
It is signed from the main square but still difficult to find as it's tucked away in the alleys.
It was a little cold in the room we sat but they had heaters in some other rooms.
It was absolutely brilliant both food and service.

1 Thank Hema P
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“so disappointing!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We had high hopes for our dinner at Pepe Nero, but we were bitterly disappointed. My husband I and both opted for tagines (one chicken, one lamb) and they were not at all what we had hoped for. The chicken tagine had barely any sauce so was therefore very dry and the lamb tagine was the worst I have ever had! We hoped the dessert would rectify our disastrous main course, but that too was horrible! The service however was good and the manager was very sorry we had not enjoyed our meal - he offered us anything else from the menu instead ...but frankly we were ready to go home! The restaurant is tricky to find and a long walk from the main square - one we will not be doing again!

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Fulmer, United Kingdom
“Reasonable priced and great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

After reading reviews we decided to book Pepe Nero's for dinner. Good job we did book as we got the last reserved table.
We followed the signs to the restaurant from the square and found it without too much trouble especially as there were about 3 couples all making their way there.
My husband went moroccan and i went italian and we both had superb meals. Infact my pasta was one of the best italian meals i have had in a long time.
Reasonable priced and great food, it should be a must, however do book as it is very popular

1 Thank Julie B
Washington, DC
“Great place to eat in the center of Marrakech”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I agree with the great reviews of this lovely restaurant, which serves Italian and Moroccan food. The trick to finding this place is to follow the signs from the main square,Jemaa el Fna, starting out by the Cafe de France. Don't give up or be distracted by false guides until you've twisted and turned and ended up at the restaurant. (They will show you the way back to the plaza after your wonderful meal). They started off serving great breads and an amuse bouche. My friend and I shared their very generous Moroccan salad, which had a very nice variety of vegetables and dips. Then we each ordered the scrumptious lamb, which came with tasty eggplant and a sprig of rosemary. We had a nice Moroccan wine with that and enjoyed it all so much that we couldn't manage dessert, although they had some nice options. I highly recommend this restaurant. If you want to eat in the garden patio, you should reserve early. We were content looking out at the patio.

1 Thank dctanguera