“Try the chocolate cake!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 577 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Moroccan, Vegetarian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: PEPE NERO Restaurant Marrakech : A place of flavours on motion where the senses are constantly coddled Khalid and his team represent the same soul of a single ingredient: Excellence. This where I devote myself body and soul to my passion: cooking We strive to always be precise in our gestures, attentive to the oven, skilled with knives, a sharpened sense of smell, an eye to the market, intransigent with the quality of ingredients and demanding in the kitchen.The battle I fight every day with my team is the oldest in the world:That between the hand and fire.We created the sort of restaurant we would like to find ourselves..Pepe Nero was born to engage and satisfy our passion : Taste, without any constraints or formalisms, with simplicity.But not only. We believe that there has been a generational change in customers who are rather apprehensive of locations that are over formal.With this new role we want to clear away taboos and bring haute cuisine into step with the times.
London, United Kingdom
“Try the chocolate cake!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We had a great dinner at Pepe Nero. The setting was beautiful and tranquil compared to the chaos of Marrakech and the service was brilliant. The food was excellent and we throughly enjoyed the experience of being in a riad style restaurant. It was a great setting, with great food and very helpful friendly service. The puddings are also to die for. Make sure you try the chocolate cake, it was honestly the best chocolate pudding I think I have ever had in my life, so just for that is it defiantly worth a visit! Great dinner, we would highly recommend! `

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Northern Ireland
“The best meal I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Absolutely loved everything about this place. The decor is amazing, the service was impeccable and the food was delicious. I would go back to Marrakech just to eat here again. Not sure why it's only no. 5 on the list!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Definitely worth a visit :) excellent food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food, excellent service. Pastries not very good but this applies to all Morocco as it is a question of personal taste.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Pleasant and good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This is a bit of a hidden gem, located deep within a residential area. Beware that the coordinates on the map are wrong - use the address or follow the signs! The food is very good, and they have a limited but descent wine and beer menu. The environment is quiet and relaxed, and the service excellent. Definitely worth a visit - but call and make a reservation first; it seems to be quite busy.

Visited September 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Spectacular!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

My favourite restaurant that I tried in Marrakech.

This place was absolutely perfect: a beautiful setting in the courtyard of a magnificent Riad, free prosecco cocktail, and a menu to die for.

The food here is really something special. Given that you're only paying around £15 a main, the food is incredibly cheffy and well thought-out. Some genuinely excellent European dishes, alongside traditional Moroccan fare. I had the salmon cake (sublime) followed by the beef fillet (they hit "rare" on the nail with the panache of a top steak house). My partner had the aubergine, tuna and mozarella tarte to begin, followed by duck a l'orange. Both were assuredly spectacular. The desets were likewise excellent, as was the service and the wine list.

Now here's where it really gets special. So far I could have been reviewing any nice restaurant back home, but the whole bill came to a mere £70 for the two of us! Seriously, do not overlook this place!

NB: it's very busy and rather hard to find. We managed to book over the phone about an hour beforehand on a friday night, but don't push your luck if you can avoid it: book as early as possible. Also please do as a previous reviewer suggests and visit their website for directions rather than using Google Maps. It's well signposted but rather out of the way, and allegedly the locals have a tendency to try and put you off and send you to other, lower quality establishments.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere