“Beautiful Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 582 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Moroccan, Vegetarian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: PEPE NERO Restaurant Marrakech : A place of flavours on motion where the senses are constantly coddled Khalid and his team represent the same soul of a single ingredient: Excellence. This where I devote myself body and soul to my passion: cooking We strive to always be precise in our gestures, attentive to the oven, skilled with knives, a sharpened sense of smell, an eye to the market, intransigent with the quality of ingredients and demanding in the kitchen.The battle I fight every day with my team is the oldest in the world:That between the hand and fire.We created the sort of restaurant we would like to find ourselves..Pepe Nero was born to engage and satisfy our passion : Taste, without any constraints or formalisms, with simplicity.But not only. We believe that there has been a generational change in customers who are rather apprehensive of locations that are over formal.With this new role we want to clear away taboos and bring haute cuisine into step with the times.
San Francisco, California
“Beautiful Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The inside of the restaurant is gorgeous. The food was really good, but the portions were a little small. I tried the eggplant with tuna and mozzarella and the lamb tagine. Both were excellent! For dessert we got the pastry sampler, DO NOT get this. It was huge, probably 60 pastries were brought to the table and none of them were very good. The entrees were delicious but either skip dessert or order something else!

Visited June 2013

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
“Great food great athosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

While walking around the main market in Marrakesh we spotted signs for Pepe Nero. The place is tucked away but easy to find due to being sign posted very well.
I can admit it is one of the most romantic restaurants I've ever been to. The décor is just beautiful and elegant, the staff is also dressed very smart and every detail of the interior is well thought through.

We were offered some free little snacks and a glass of Prosecco each. We tried the Italian menu and the food was amazing. The service was a little bit slow, but we didn't mind - Pepe Nero was such an excellent place we didn't want to leave!

I think visiting this restaurant is a must when you are in Marrakesh.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We went with high expectations. Friends from Marrakech told us that this was a good place to eat. NOT!! The food was sub-par. The blaring music was overwhelming. The setting was very nice. Too bad that the food did not live up to the setting. I guess when you are in Morocco you should be eating regional cuisine.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Siena, Italy
“A very pleasant evening!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Very nice restaurant with a suggestive atmosphere: Fountains full of roses, pleasant music and very good food. From the beginning to the end the service was first class. We choose from the Italian menu and all dishes very good and nicely presented. The wines list is quite large and the red Moroccan wine suggested by the maitre, was very good. In a word a very pleasant evening.

Visited July 2013
Milan, Italy
“Certified by an Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Long story short: I'm Italian.
I know what great Italian food is like in fact I tend to avoid Italian restaurants abroad but I was a bit bored and the reviews were great so I figured why not!

I went for lunch, when I arrived there were only 2 other guests and then later came a group of 20 ITALIANS...

I had all things fish from starter to main dish and it was just excellent real Italian flavor not those fake "Alfredo" things they make for Americans (Alfredo pasta doesn't even exist in Italy)

The location is lovely. The only glitch was the service which was a little slow.
I would have visited a second time but there was no time to do so.

Will definitely go back and I highly recommend it.

• Visited April 2013