“just as described” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 587 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Italian, Moroccan, Mediterranean, Vegetarian, Pasta
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: PEPE NERO Restaurant Marrakech : A place of flavours on motion where the senses are constantly coddled Khalid and his team represent the same soul of a single ingredient: Excellence. This where I devote myself body and soul to my passion: cooking We strive to always be precise in our gestures, attentive to the oven, skilled with knives, a sharpened sense of smell, an eye to the market, intransigent with the quality of ingredients and demanding in the kitchen.The battle I fight every day with my team is the oldest in the world:That between the hand and fire.We created the sort of restaurant we would like to find ourselves..Pepe Nero was born to engage and satisfy our passion : Taste, without any constraints or formalisms, with simplicity.But not only. We believe that there has been a generational change in customers who are rather apprehensive of locations that are over formal.With this new role we want to clear away taboos and bring haute cuisine into step with the times.
Weymouth
“just as described”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Ended up going here off the cuff for partners birthday after reading about it on trip advisor. It took a while to find but we were soon escorted to the restaurant by a suited doorman. We didn't have a booking but they were able to accommodate us without any fuss and being a Friday night we were surprised. We were welcomed with a complimentary glass of prosecco whilst looking at the menu. The waiters were very polite and there were 2 allocated to our area which was made up of 4 tables. The food was lovely (we went Italian) it was well presented and tasted as good as it looked. We never had an empty glass as the waiters constantly topped up the wine and water glasses. However I think the nicest part of the meal was the location. You couldn't imagine the beauty and serenity of the place from outside especially after making your way through the hustle and bustle of the souks. After our meal we were escorted back to the main square which was what we requested but we do know that other couples were ordered taxis to collect them from the restaurant. We would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Marrakech. The only thing I would disagree with on trip advisor is the average price, we had a 3 course Italian meal, bottle of wine at £20 and coffee and the total bill came in at £90 but we are not griping at the price as we have paid more for substantially lower quality food and surroundings in the uk.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Instow, United Kingdom
“Good, but not great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Really lovely welcome with a complementary glass of prosecco. A slightly bland moroccan soup and a poor salad were partially redeemed by delicious slow cooked lamb. But this could have been so much better with the addition of something green to counter the richness of he meat. Good price and fabulous wine, so a mixed result.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I decided to dine at this restaurant due to the overwhelming positive reviews we have read on Tripadvisor and I was happy to experience the same excellent service and food that everyone is writing about!

The restaurant is slightly out of the way and you find yourself wondering whether the street signs are a joke but you will eventually find it.

The first time I went there was on a Monday night and after arriving I was informed the restaurant was closed every Mondays but the Doorman was kind enough to offer us a drink and organize for someone to take us to another restaurant which was of similar standards.

When we did dine at Pepenero I was thoroughly impressed with the experience. The restaurant is beautiful. The decor is really nice and the atmosphere is really relaxing. The food was magnificent. Whilst the restaurant maybe slightly pricier then other available restaurants in Marrakesh, it is certainly worth the price. I will not write too much about the food as the other reviews have written enough but all I will say is I wanted to go again the next day!

The service was immaculate. A waiter attended to all our needs and ensured we always had a glass full of drink at all times.

Due to the time when I was departing the restaurant, the staff arranged for a Doorman to escort us to our Riad which was a really nice gesture and went to show just how much the Restaurant cared for their customers.

When in Marrakesh, you HAVE to experience Pepenero.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Munich, Germany
“bad service, good looking food though”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Went here last Sunday night. They place looks very nice, and there were lots of people eating there. The food I saw looked good, but the servers were rude and unhelpful. We got seated immediately, and waited 20 minutes to even get a menu. I asked three different people for a menu, and each just blew me off. I would have liked to try the food here, which looked very good, but we left after still not even getting a menu after 25 minutes. We were not in a huge hurry, and are accustomed to a relaxed dinner pace, but we walked away ater it was clear that we the customers were in no way a priority.

Visited June 2013
“Outstanding meal, service & setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This was the best meal of our honeymoon! service was outstanding, the fact that you can mix & match the Italian & Moroccan A La Carte menus was fab, as I couldnt decide (all sounded gorgeous) we were give a free dessert (something special for your!) im sure most customers get it, but it does make you feel good, as we couldnt eat it (we were full up) the waited immediatly put it in a container & said take it with you, there was a concierge for the resturant that walked us back to the main square, as it was dark & you could easily get lost, we were greatful for this as we had to get the last courtesy bus back to our hotel, others from our hotel didnt take advantage of this & managed to find their way back no problems :)

Visited June 2013