“Erm.. 2nd best restaurant in Marrakech?” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 547 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Moroccan, Vegetarian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: PEPE NERO Restaurant Marrakech : A place of flavours on motion where the senses are constantly coddled Khalid and his team represent the same soul of a single ingredient: Excellence. This where I devote myself body and soul to my passion: cooking We strive to always be precise in our gestures, attentive to the oven, skilled with knives, a sharpened sense of smell, an eye to the market, intransigent with the quality of ingredients and demanding in the kitchen.The battle I fight every day with my team is the oldest in the world:That between the hand and fire.We created the sort of restaurant we would like to find ourselves..Pepe Nero was born to engage and satisfy our passion : Taste, without any constraints or formalisms, with simplicity.But not only. We believe that there has been a generational change in customers who are rather apprehensive of locations that are over formal.With this new role we want to clear away taboos and bring haute cuisine into step with the times.
london
“Erm.. 2nd best restaurant in Marrakech?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

We had a pleasant evening, though be warned it is in a part of Marrakech that is a little scary at night particularly if you're young and you're girlfriend's blonde. The food is good, the service warm and welcoming though the doorman will try to make some money out of you from his side-line businesses and there isn't a local in site once you get inside.

I personally think this is a perfectly great example of peer reviewing in action it's a good restaurant for most people but not a great restaurant for people who like things less generic. If you want something Moroccon there are much better places to try. For italian you'll get much better in most major cities in the UK for a lot less cost. If I'm honest my main gripe is that it's over-priced and over-hyped. It cost more than my favourite italian in London which I just don't understand! A perfectly fine evening out but I've rated it lower in an attempt to redress the balance. There are much better places in Marrakech that don't beg you to write reviews on TripAdvisor and therefore are being missed out.

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
“Best of the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We just spent a week in Marrakech and ate out every night at good restaurants. We thought the food and atmosphere at every place we went couldn't get any better, but it did at Pepe Nero.
You enter into a palatial courtyard with dazzling mosaics and chandeliers and a fountain.
Service was great, with complimentary appetizers of unknown origin. We had the chicken tangine with figs and a bottle of white wine. Yum.
We didn't have a single bad meal in Morocco, but this was the best of the best...

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“If you only go out for dinner once it MUST be here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

We went on our last night in Morroco and it just finished off the trip perfectly! Fantastic food, fantastic staff, fantastic decore and fantastic atmosphere! What more could you ask for? If I ever go back to Morroco I will definitely be coming back to this restaurant - without a doubt!

• Visited May 2012
London, United Kingdom
“So good we had to return on our last night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

A really cosy venue in a riad with a chilled out atmosphere. They make a fuss of you and bring free bubbly and free amuse bouche while you choose your wine. There is a really good selection of starters and all the mains look amazing. The steak is incredible and beautifully delicate how they serve it. Well worth a visit (or 2) and very reasonable prices considering the quality of the food. HIGHLY RECOMMEND! When we return to Marrakech we'll be coming back here for sure.

It's 5 minutes walk from the El Fna square and relatively easy to find although the streets do go down to about 4 feet wide - local will constantly try to direct you but you don't need their help unless you want to pay.

Marrakech, Morocco
“Impressive food! Romantic and luxurious atmosphere...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Very lovely restaurant with romantic and luxurious atmosphere in the Medina, quite easy to find thanks to the signed post from the main square. A perfect place for an informal and relaxing dining with your partner or friends. Very good service from the friendly staff. Really impressive food: We tried both the Italian and Moroccan menus: The risotto was perfect and the lamb delicious. The suggested Moroccan wine was a pleasant surprise not dear for the quality. I suggest to book in advance otherwise you will risk not finding a table. I’m pleased for this discovery that since my arrival in Marrakesh can certainly be qualified so far as the best restaurant of the red city and with fair prices for the excellent quality food and service. Try it and you will share my opinion.