“grham anch” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 555 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Moroccan, Vegetarian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: PEPE NERO Restaurant Marrakech : A place of flavours on motion where the senses are constantly coddled Khalid and his team represent the same soul of a single ingredient: Excellence. This where I devote myself body and soul to my passion: cooking We strive to always be precise in our gestures, attentive to the oven, skilled with knives, a sharpened sense of smell, an eye to the market, intransigent with the quality of ingredients and demanding in the kitchen.The battle I fight every day with my team is the oldest in the world:That between the hand and fire.We created the sort of restaurant we would like to find ourselves..Pepe Nero was born to engage and satisfy our passion : Taste, without any constraints or formalisms, with simplicity.But not only. We believe that there has been a generational change in customers who are rather apprehensive of locations that are over formal.With this new role we want to clear away taboos and bring haute cuisine into step with the times.
London, Canada
“grham anch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

this server was served with Italian wine Prosseco profesionelle way with his brilliant smile that was really great was captured this photo for the most beautiful memories and great time in this restaurant thank you thank you so musch

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Wonderful place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We booked this restaurant before we flew to Marrakech, but it was the best decision. It can be very difficult for my parents to find a nice place to eat, as both me and my sister are fussy teenagers. But this menu had a range of everything, from the traditional dishes to basic pasta dishes, that are equally amazing.
We were given appetizers that were nice. The pudding, well, AMAZING!!!!
I had the chocolate pudding, it was beautiful, and I can't stress how pleased I was with the staff and the design of the restaurant.

London, UK
“Gem of Marrakech”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

One of my favourite restaurants in Marrakech. Offering a truly authentic Moroccan menu (along with Italian), it was delicious! The service was absolutely outstanding and the atmosphere completely romantic. Hidden between the cobble streets lies this amazing restaurant, I recommend the lamb!

Tannaught,Morocco
“A wonderful evening!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Since opening we have become regular customers of Pepe Nero where we had dinner several times, and we have always been extremely pleased with both the level of its excellent cuisine and the quality of the service, professional and friendly and with the prices very fair. Last week on the occasion of the celebration of a friend's birthday , they have outdone themselves .... The mechoiu lamb ... to die for ... To finish a delicious birthday cake complimentary offered by the Chef! A wonderful evening!

Leeds
“A Victim of it's own Success”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My wife and I saved this restaurant for our last night in Marrakech. We made a reservation the day before after finding the Pepe Nero by following their white on black restaurant signs from Jemaa el Fna. Arrived at 7.30pm and our initial impresssions were in line with the previous favourable Trip Advisor reviews. A beautiful amazing restaurant with wall to wall mosaic and a fountain with rose petals in the middle. Declining a starter, we were given a complimentary drink and entree as I ordered the fillet of beef (160 Dhr) with my wife, the chicken tortellini (130 Dhr). These main meals arrived at 8pm and were superb. The attentive waiter ensured our glasses were continually topped up. This was proving to be the perfect end to our holiday.
BUT THEN after we'd eaten, it all changed. The restaurant filled up with other diners and we wondered if those diners shown into the alcoves at the side of the restaurant were Pepe Nero hotel guests. It was clear that the few waiters on duty that night were now rushed off their feet. As a consequence, we were IGNORED. With empty plates and drink glasses in front of us, 30 minutes and more passed by without a glance from our previously attentive waiter. We decided now to decline a desert and ask for the bill. The waiter did not offer to tempt us with either the desert menu or further drinks. Expecting to receive the bill, two side plates were placed in front us without a word said. A further 10 minutes passed and a plate of complimentary sweet pastry saviories arrived. Nice touch but not expected and we'd had no drink to go with them. The bill eventually arrived and we left the restaurant feeling deflated and disappointed, wondering why it had gone all so wrong for us.