“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 529 restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Moroccan, Vegetarian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: PEPE NERO Restaurant Marrakech : A place of flavours on motion where the senses are constantly coddled Khalid and his team represent the same soul of a single ingredient: Excellence. This where I devote myself body and soul to my passion: cooking We strive to always be precise in our gestures, attentive to the oven, skilled with knives, a sharpened sense of smell, an eye to the market, intransigent with the quality of ingredients and demanding in the kitchen.The battle I fight every day with my team is the oldest in the world:That between the hand and fire.We created the sort of restaurant we would like to find ourselves..Pepe Nero was born to engage and satisfy our passion : Taste, without any constraints or formalisms, with simplicity.But not only. We believe that there has been a generational change in customers who are rather apprehensive of locations that are over formal.With this new role we want to clear away taboos and bring haute cuisine into step with the times.
Littleborough, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Restaurant Pepe Nero has several saloons and a big courtyard, so you can choose: We ate in the Moroccan saloon that was cosy, intimate and warm in spite of the unusual cold weather we found in Marrakech. The service was perfect and friendly, and the food was just delicious. We started off with a glass of Prosecco and a tasty amouse-bouche offered and then both we had ravioli...yummy, and breast's duck and lamb’s shoulder...to die for. In addition it is not expensive for the quality served: You need to go

Visited December 2012

87% Recommend
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Scunthorpe
“Birthday treat for my wife”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Having booked a table at this restaurant for my wifes birthday. I was a little disappointed with the service and the quality of the food. Not what I would have expected judging by some of the previous reviews although some of the reviews are mixed.

We were greeted with a glass of Prossecco and a small morsal of something and shown to our table which after a while we got quite cold as the door was open and a draft was coming in. Too late to move as as all of the other tables were occupied.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New York City
“How could this be ranked so high?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I just don't understand these reviews. The meal was no better than The Olive Garden. Staff was friendly and the ambiance was relaxing with a certain Marrekech feel...but the food and overall service was a B- at best. I would not go out of your way to go here and would set expectations a bit lower. How this was ranked the #2 restaurant on Trip Advisor I will never know.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Leeds
“Good but not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

An Italian in Marrakech! After a week you get a bit fed up of tagines. This was a good meal. Nicely presented in a lovely setting.

Maybe it tried too hard but some of the food was a bit boring, too many flavours that did not seem to gel together. For example my starter was a salmon flan, but it lacked flavour and I think there was fennel in there but it just tasted like soggy celery. The main thing about good Italian is the freshness of the ingredients this may be a problem for them.

Additionally we were here in December and temperature was below average but there was not heating. We both ended up freezing, eating with our jackets on.

It was by no means terrible, just a little bland for me.

leicestershire
“enchanting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

What a great restaurant. Visted on the 30.11.12 and had a great meal. Finding the restaurant was abit of a chore. The taxi driver dropped us off a good 5 min walk from the restaurant and due to the lack of signage we begrudgingly had to follow the boys (that the taxi driver had hailed) and pay them for their help. Once inside the maitre d gave us a warm welcome and led us too our table. Although the food is itailian everything else about pepe nero is morrocan. The staff were warm and attentive and we were offered a free presecco and amuse bouche. Lovely filet steak and shoulder of lamb followed by the lemon cheese cake. Once we have finished and were ready to leave, Abdil dressed in traditional dress and a fez lead us back to the main square and safely into a taxi. Would def go back but must book as very busy

• Visited November 2012