“Tax!!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Jakoura

You added Riad Jakoura to your Saves list
Riad Jakoura
No 130 Derb Zemmouri Rue Elgza | Bab Doukalla Marrakech, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #496 of 1,080 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Tax!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I was transferred from riad amlal as they were overbooked! Dont know how that happened as I booked it a month ago... i was then transferred a couple of doors away to riad jakoura. i showed the owner how much i had left to pay after the deposit to hostelbookers. he seemed a little hesitant but gave me the keys to my room and showed me around. the room was ok. only issue was the the standing water in the shower which i didnt mention as it didnt bother me much, i have seen worse. (what do you expect for budget hostels?) i was out during the day and only came back around 3pm for a little rest then i would head back out until 9pm. i ate outside so there wouldnt be any extra charges from the riad. everything was fine until it was time to pay up. i showed the owner the printout again of how much i owed. he ignored that and gave me his calculation of how much he thinks i owed. i told him that im not paying that and to go and sort it out with riad amlal. as he wasnt getting anywhere he told me that i had to pay tax. which i have never heard of!... feeling intimidated by that time i just payed up, said bye and walked out!!!!
its a nice place and in the heart of marrakesh and would of recommended it to anyone but the feeling of being intimidated is not a good feeling. so on that basis i wouldnt recommend it!!!
funny thing was that i was going to leave a lot more tip than what i ended up paying at the end!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reykjavik, Iceland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

My friend and I stayed in a twin room at the Riad for 5 nights and couldn't imagine a better place. The location is nearly perfect, next to a big bus stop where also the airport bus stops, not too far from the main square (about 15 minutes) and the souks (starting only 5 minutes away from the Riad) and yet in a really quiet street. The owner is very friendly and helpful as is the staff. Our room was definitely a good size for 2 people (1 queen size bed and 1 single bed) and would even be suitable for a couple with a small child. The breakfast is basic but it is tasty and filling and the Moroccan pancakes (I think they are called Msemen) are irresistible.

The only negative point is that it wasn't easy to find the first time but nothing inside of the Medina really is. I would recommend booking the airport pick up service or get the help of a local to find your way from the bus stop.

All in all the Riad is great value for money and I wouldn't resist to recommend it to my friends or go back myself if I return to Marrakech.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Zadar, Croatia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

In all the hustle and bustle of Marrakech, Riad Jakoura was a little peace of heaven. Situated 3 minutes from the entrance to the souks, and 15-20 minutes from Jemaa el Fna by easy walk.

The owner is VERY kind and helpful. Riad is beautifully decorated and very clean. At the top is cute terrace, in which we would chill in the evening after exhausting shopping day. Breakfast was delicious; crepes, bread, two sorts of jam, butter, coffee, milk and of course mint tea.

If you need anything, taxi, tour, or just an advice, the owner will take care of everything. We felt more than welcomed, thank you Riad Jakoura!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Location- 15 min walk from square, 2 mins from coach depot, 2 mins from bus stops, shops and dry cleaners near by so excellent

Hotel- clean, towels and toiletries provided, quiet and peaceful

Staff- very polite, owner is very very helpful, he showed us round, directed us watched to ensure we were heading in the right direction when we weren't he followed us on his bike and directed us
The maid was honest and helpful she made us omelettes fresh chapatti and we were served fresh filter coffee and Arabic tea every morning, orange juice and bread and preserve was available too.
I left items in my room and the maid left them for me to one side even though she did not know I would return to collect them. Without me asking she told me I had left my things.
I would recommend this to anyone and definitely stay here again.
:-)

• Stayed October 2013
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Riad Jakoura was my little oasis in Marrakech... it's peace and tranquility is a god send after a Marrakech's mayhem. But what makes this place surpass other places I stayed at in Morocco, was it's kind and helpful manager Mohammed... what an absolute gem of a man. He deserves all the patronage he gets because of his integrity and the service he provides.

The place is a amazing value for money...... A request... from fellow travellers, please stop breaking the holder for the shower head in the single room... my only gripe - and it's not even with the Rhiad.

I did get lost a couple of times trying to get there.... but if you don't get lost in Marrakech... your internal compass must be brilliant. Once you get your bearing it's easy to find... going the long way helps... because there is not shortcut in Marrakech.

Enjoy!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Our stay was extraordinary! The staff/owners were fantastic to say the least. The location of the riad provided proximity to the souks, the market and the hustle that is the definition of Morocco. The mint tea was unreal! The design was uniquely Moroccan, the Terrace gorgeous, and the breakfast, tasty. Rooms were clean, and AC refreshing.

I would recommend this Riad to anyone wishing to enjoy there stay in Marrakech!

I would just recommend that the airport/bus station pickup is utilized as the riad can be hard to find in the Medina, as many of the streets are either unlabelled or in Arabic. The locals direction can cost as much as the pickup.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Riad Jakoura was Very nice place to stay. Very pleasant and nice owner - no problems with checking-in and checking-out. Rooms are clean, breakfast in the morning was very tasty! Located 10 min walking from central square Jamaa el-Fna

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Riad Jakoura? Share your experiences!