“Great value for money” 5 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
Save Saved
You added Riad Jakoura to your Saves list
Riad Jakoura
No 130 Derb Zemmouri Rue Elgza | Bab Doukalla Marrakech, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #505 of 1,065 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Great value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

My friend and I stayed in a twin room at the Riad for 5 nights and couldn't imagine a better place. The location is nearly perfect, next to a big bus stop where also the airport bus stops, not too far from the main square (about 15 minutes) and the souks (starting only 5 minutes away from the Riad) and yet in a really quiet street. The owner is very friendly and helpful as is the staff. Our room was definitely a good size for 2 people (1 queen size bed and 1 single bed) and would even be suitable for a couple with a small child. The breakfast is basic but it is tasty and filling and the Moroccan pancakes (I think they are called Msemen) are irresistible.

The only negative point is that it wasn't easy to find the first time but nothing inside of the Medina really is. I would recommend booking the airport pick up service or get the help of a local to find your way from the bus stop.

All in all the Riad is great value for money and I wouldn't resist to recommend it to my friends or go back myself if I return to Marrakech.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Zadar, Croatia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

In all the hustle and bustle of Marrakech, Riad Jakoura was a little peace of heaven. Situated 3 minutes from the entrance to the souks, and 15-20 minutes from Jemaa el Fna by easy walk.

The owner is VERY kind and helpful. Riad is beautifully decorated and very clean. At the top is cute terrace, in which we would chill in the evening after exhausting shopping day. Breakfast was delicious; crepes, bread, two sorts of jam, butter, coffee, milk and of course mint tea.

If you need anything, taxi, tour, or just an advice, the owner will take care of everything. We felt more than welcomed, thank you Riad Jakoura!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Location- 15 min walk from square, 2 mins from coach depot, 2 mins from bus stops, shops and dry cleaners near by so excellent

Hotel- clean, towels and toiletries provided, quiet and peaceful

Staff- very polite, owner is very very helpful, he showed us round, directed us watched to ensure we were heading in the right direction when we weren't he followed us on his bike and directed us
The maid was honest and helpful she made us omelettes fresh chapatti and we were served fresh filter coffee and Arabic tea every morning, orange juice and bread and preserve was available too.
I left items in my room and the maid left them for me to one side even though she did not know I would return to collect them. Without me asking she told me I had left my things.
I would recommend this to anyone and definitely stay here again.
:-)

• Stayed October 2013
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Riad Jakoura was my little oasis in Marrakech... it's peace and tranquility is a god send after a Marrakech's mayhem. But what makes this place surpass other places I stayed at in Morocco, was it's kind and helpful manager Mohammed... what an absolute gem of a man. He deserves all the patronage he gets because of his integrity and the service he provides.

The place is a amazing value for money...... A request... from fellow travellers, please stop breaking the holder for the shower head in the single room... my only gripe - and it's not even with the Rhiad.

I did get lost a couple of times trying to get there.... but if you don't get lost in Marrakech... your internal compass must be brilliant. Once you get your bearing it's easy to find... going the long way helps... because there is not shortcut in Marrakech.

Enjoy!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Our stay was extraordinary! The staff/owners were fantastic to say the least. The location of the riad provided proximity to the souks, the market and the hustle that is the definition of Morocco. The mint tea was unreal! The design was uniquely Moroccan, the Terrace gorgeous, and the breakfast, tasty. Rooms were clean, and AC refreshing.

I would recommend this Riad to anyone wishing to enjoy there stay in Marrakech!

I would just recommend that the airport/bus station pickup is utilized as the riad can be hard to find in the Medina, as many of the streets are either unlabelled or in Arabic. The locals direction can cost as much as the pickup.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Riad Jakoura was Very nice place to stay. Very pleasant and nice owner - no problems with checking-in and checking-out. Rooms are clean, breakfast in the morning was very tasty! Located 10 min walking from central square Jamaa el-Fna

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had an amazing week at the raid. Mohammed the owner was extremely helpful along with his Scottish wife!!
We were blessed to have a traditional meal with the couple in the courtyard.
The location is 25 minutes away from the main le place and the souks, but we were given a handy map which was ok.
Rooms very clean. Hot water came eventually.
Great value and put us in a great mood to explore the city, and yes buy a carpet!!!
Tip: Pre book a taxi from the airport as to find the riad first time is extremely difficult
Try some of the roadside cafes by the riad. If you speak French you will eat like a king!!!

Room Tip: Do not take a room on the ground floor. Too much noise and smoke................ The terrace is gr...