“Superb” 5 of 5 stars

54, derb Jdid, Riad Zitoun Kadim, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #179 of 1,037 Marrakech B&B and Inns
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

The oriental team has redefined the meaning of hospitality. Would recommend anybody staying here. Rooms are very nice, roof terrace is great, pool is refreshing. The service is top. Road is 7 minutes away from main square in small alley. Feels cosy and save.

• Stayed October 2012

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We stayed at this beautiful riad for a week and were made to feel welcome and at home. The owners were incredibly friendly and couldn't do enough for us, giving advice on where to go, which restaurants to visit, how much to tip taxi drivers etc. I was poorly for the last couple of days and they were so kind, I really felt as if I was being looked after by my family. It was lovely to come back to the peace and calm of the riad, after the madness of Marrakech. It was pretty hot while we were there, so we did sight seeing stuff in the mornings and spent the afternoons relaxing by the pool, and sunbathing on the terrace once the real heat of the sun had gone. The airconditioned rooms were a god-send. We had a meal there one evening and it was absolutely delicious and beautifully presented. My husband had a hammam and massage and loved it. I wasn't well at the time so missed out :(. I highly recommend staying at Le Pavillon Oriental and wouldn't hesitate to go back, if ever we make a return trip to Marrakech.

Room Tip: If I were to go again, I"d try for a room on the first floor rather than the ground floor. And...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I can't shower enough praise on the Pavillon Oriental. I was a bit dubious upon seeing a riad that only has 5-star ratings, but after staying here for two nights, I can easily see why. The riad is only about one year old and was painstakingly restored by its owners, who gave me a veritable architectural tour upon arrival. You can tell they put their all into making this like a special home. They made me feel like one of the family the whole time I was there, and we spent hours chatting to while away the brutal heat. I was unlucky enough to hit a crushing heat wave with temps of up to 46º, but I did not feel at all sad about missing the sights as I whiled away the hours by the pool, or taking with Hajj, who was patient with my elementary Arabic. (choukrane, Hajj!)... Home-cooked meals, an enormous breakfast, a location that is tucked away in a quiet corner but very easy to find, and close to the main plaza, countless wonderful restaurants and sights... I seriously cannot think of anything negative to say. The room was beautiful, the inner courtyard breathtaking... I could go on and on, but just *insert praise here* :) Enjoy Marrakesh!

Room Tip: they are all beautiful, though perhaps nice to be upstairs. if you can splurge for the suite, i saw...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Norwich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

This is an exquisite retreat that is an absolute joy to return to after the big hit of the square and surrounding streets. We were genuinely treated like friends. It was wonderful to hear the sounds of family life around us in the Riad and to wake up to birdsong. Having a hammam and massage on the roof top terrace in the 45 degree heat was quite a challenge but it was the perfect end to our stay.
Believe the reviewers - we agree completely with everything already written. This is a very special place. Thank you for a wonderful stay! We will definitely return and recommend it to all our friends and family.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Monaco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I went there with my boyfriend for a four day gateway. We absolutely had a truly wonderful time. The place was spotless clean and spacious. The staff was warm and welcoming, made us feel as we are at our own home. The food was fantastic, prepared fresh everyday!

It was very quiet and peaceful inside, a great change from the rush outside. We will be definitely back.

Thank you for making our stay so special!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for three nights over New Years Eve. Kawthar and her father were the most gracious hosts and made us feel at home immediately. This is a family riad and you can definitely see the personal touches all over. They had a beautiful courtyard and roof top. If only the weather was warmer, it would have been wonderful to spend some time lounging around. Kawthar was wonderful in recommending things to do and helping us with reservations. She was even kind enough to take us into the Medina and show us around. Location was great! We were a few minutes walk from Jemaa el Fna square and the Medina. Despite being so close, the riad was wonderfully quiet and peaceful. Thank you Kawthar and Papi for a wonderful stay! We can't wait to come back some day (with Sydney and Deneen also!) =)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

Just, out of this world.
I wouldn't stay anywhere else now I have experienced hospitality like this, it really blows anyone else out of the water. A stunning riad for starters, close to the center of town but secluded enough to be wonderfully quiet at night. The detail of the interior is incredible and you can learn a lot about moroccon craft just from looking at the details,textures and colors, as a designer it's an absolute dream. The staff are fantastic and go out of their way to help you experience everything from luxurious meals with belly dancing to delicious bargains in the market. It beats staying anywhere else and for the money is exceptional value. You need to visit, as the photos can not illustrate how special this place is. I'm planning my next trip as we speak.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Le Pavillon Oriental? Share your experiences!