“A nice outdoor experience” 4 of 5 stars

$76*
and up
Ranked #55 of 527 Activities in Marrakech
More attraction details
Owner description: Amazing day excursions and tours from Marrakech to the Atlas Mountains and desert.
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
6 attraction reviews
“A nice outdoor experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We decided to book an excursion with Morocco Attractive Tours at the end of May. The excursion was to the 3 valleys and lake (but it was end of May so there was no Lake) so we only did the 3 valleys. The guide Chakib is a very friendly man and he is pretty conversational.

Moroccan landscape is beautiful so if you like nature and you appreciate sightseeing this might be for you. There is one stop in one Argan shop so I guess this was the delight of my girlfriend.

I think the tour is highly enjoyable, although the berber lunch felt a bit fake. Say... you are in the middle of Morocco and only 2 umbrellas surrounded by adobe houses but there we had a gorgeous lunch and it is pretty refreshing, although the sun might be an issue if its intense.

The waterfalls are nice to go, but be careful, its a bit slippery. Chakib was there to assist us so I would recommend that you take some trekking shoes if you decide to go to the waterfalls. In addition to the excursion expenses, the berber lunch costs 13 EUR and the waterfalls 7 EUR. You would not do bad to ask about the cost of these activities, just in case my info is outdated.

I think this a recommended tour if you want to be free of traffic and the crowded busy Medina. Also, you will enjoy more this excursion if you like outdoors and you enjoy mountain air.

London, United Kingdom
“Exceptional and unique trip to the Atlas Mountains - highly recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

My family booked this trip before arriving in Marrakech as we'd been advised to go to the Atlas Mountains - and I wholeheartedly recommend it! Our tour guide, Chakib, was incredibly knowledgeable, friendly and concerned to make our trip memorable. He went that extra mile and made sure he spent more time on the parts of the tour we were more interested in.

We were able to see the beautiful (and very different) three valleys, do a trek to the waterfall and have the most amazing lunch on the rooftop of a traditional house in an unspoiled Berber village. It was actually one of the highlights of the holiday – we had 360 degree views and the home-cooked meal was absolutely delicious! This was a really unique part of the tour as most tours around the Atlas Mountains don’t offer a similar experience. Chakib also generously shared fresh cherries for us to try and any he hadn’t eaten he shared with children in the Berber village.

It was a wonderful trip I’d highly recommend!

Visited May 2014
AttractiveTours, Manager at Morocco Attractive Day Tours, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
We are so glad to get your feed back, and we have to thank you a lot for this wonderful review and for choosing our company Morocco Attractive tours to do this trip. We are so happy that you have enjoyed it, and we are very glad to share this experience with you. We are and we will be always at your services.
Stevenage, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Take Sturdy Shoes for the Waterfalls Hike!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Tour: 3 Valleys Tour (with Chakib)

Tour Date: Saturday 17th May

Whilst staying in Marrakech I really do recommend this tour to the Atlas Mountains if you want a totally different experience to life in the the city.

If you want to view the traditional Berber lifestyle you will not be disappointed - we saw the Berber women carrying giant stacks of grass on their backs up the mountains to feed their animals, local elders in their robes riding their mules side-saddle as they have done for centuries and scenery so beautiful you will smile all day long.

We were picked up 8:15 for our tour - dress conservatively, after several days in Marrakech of being covered up and seeing lots of people in shorts I had decided to wear shorts for the mountains trip but our guide advised us that in the mountains conservative dressing is better so we made a quick change.

The hike up the waterfalls was a good adventure!
Although I wore flip-flops for the tour I also took a pair of sturdier shoes with me as I had read other reviews before taking the trip and this had been recommended - I was glad I did as about half-way through the hike gets a bit trickier.
TAKE APPROPRIATE FOOTWEAR!!
We had a local guide take us up the waterfalls and we really did need his help at times!

The lunch at the Berbers house was really quite special.
I'm vegetarian and I had spoken with Chakib prior to our tour to advise.
We had Berber salad, bread with olive oil, vegetable tagine (chicken for the others), couscous and melon.
It will be a lunch I will never forget - the food, surroundings and company - everything really was wonderful.

A great day out - thanks Chakib!

Visited May 2014
AttractiveTours, Manager at Morocco Attractive Day Tours, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you very much for this wonderful review and for choosing our company Morocco attractive tours to do this trip .We are so happy that you have enjoyed it, and we are very glad to share this experience with you.
We Hope see you next time when you return back to Morocco
“A magical way to see the Atlas Mountains - highly recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

I went on this trip to the Atlas Mountains with my family and would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Morocco! The company made it very easy to make the booking (made prior to arriving in Morocco). The trip was fantastic value and our driver was incredibly knowledgable. We did the 30 minute trek to waterfall, saw beautiful countryside and the lake. However, the highlight of the trip was the visit to the Burba village where we had our lunch. With 360 panoramic views of the landscape (which was beautiful and tranquil) and the most amazing family cooked meal- you will not be disappointed. You really get a feel of traditional Moroccan cooking and living. Again, a trip I highly recommend! Thank you for a memorable experience :-)

We are and we will be always at you service
London, United Kingdom
“A unique and stunning 40th Birthday - This is a MUST do trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

It was my brothers 40th birthday and we did the Three Valley Tour which was amazing. Our guide Chakib was very knowledgeable, friendly and a safe driver so you felt at ease for the entire trip. The scenery was stunning, we climbed waterfalls (not for the faint hearted) followed by lunch in a Berber mountain village which I thought was the best meal of our whole break away. If you are looking at taking a tour of the Atlas Mountains look no further this is definitely the company to go with. Thank you for such an enjoyable trip.

We are and we will be always at you service