“Best tour in Morocco!” 5 of 5 stars

+212 661226663
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: We provide private tour around Marrakech or further afield in a comfortable Land Cruiser. We specialise in giving our customers an insight to the Moroccan culture with also beautiful scenery as backdrop. We tailored our trips according to each customers but a day in the Atlas Mountains more often include a discovery of a local Berber village farmer market, experiencing a camel ride on a semi arid plateau , a visit to a women argan oil cooperative, and sharing lunch in an authentic Berber family house on a terrace overlooking the Atlas Mountains. This is often describe as the best meal people had during their trip to Morocco. Our aim is for travellers to benefit from and unique experience and it is also to share this experience and its benefit with the local villages we regularly stopped. We also encourage people to bring with them pencils, school furniture, clothes or just sweets to give in the villages. We hope this information inspire you to join us for a day If you need any detailed itinerary or prices please email us. We are looking forward to meet you and welcome you to Morocco.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Bicester
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best tour in Morocco!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Adil and 4x4 Camel are probably the most underrated tour operator in Morocco. After reading all of his glowing reviews prior to arriving in Marrakech, we told Adil that he had a very good reputation to uphold and he did not disappoint! The day we spent with Adil was truly one of the best experiences we had during our trip to Marrakech. It was obvious during our time with Adil how much he is loved and respected by the communities in which he serves – and for good reason. From the moment he picked us up at our hotel he was a true gentleman and an extremely knowledgeable guide. His tour of traditional Berber village life is a fascinating compliment to hustle and bustle of Marrakech and an experience we will never forget. If you are fortunate enough to take a trip with Adil, don't forget to bring along a few sweets, school supplies, clothes, etc., to distribute to the many local children you will surely see during your tour – you will never forget the grateful expressions on their faces. Thank you and keep up the good work you're doing Adil, we can't wait to come back to beautiful Morocco!

Visited April 2013
adil M, Owner at 4X4 Camel - Private Day Tours, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Many thanks for your kind review. Glad you enjoyed sharing a day of Berber way of life, and thanks for encouraging fellow travellers to bring school furniture. Come back anytime

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Don't miss out on this amazing day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

This was the highlight of our recent trip to Marrakech. Interestingly, another group from our riad were setting out on a similar day trip when we climbed into Adil's spacious 4X4 in the morning. Off we went towards the hills when suddenly our friends took a different route ..."where are they going?" I asked Adil, our wonderful guide and driver, "to collect others" he replied. That is one of the best things about this company - it's just you - your party - and what YOU want to do. No following the well worn tourist trail for us. Off we bumped, off road and left the trail of tourist mini buses far behind. Adil knows the locals, takes clothes and sweets for the children and has helped a local family to build a kitchen and bathroom as others have stated. We ate one of the best meals we had in Marrakech in the Berbere village with our guide, saw everything we could have desired to and never felt pressured to buy anything. If you are going to Marrakech you won't do any better than Adil and his 4x4. When we met up with the others from our riad in the evening, sure enough they had joined up with a group of Canadian tourists and travelled round in a big group. Not for us! So glad we read about 4x4 Camel on Trip Advisor first and so will you be. Book ahead to avoid disappointment. Thanks so much for a great day, Adil.

Visited March 2013
Thank you for your fantastic review and for highlighting the different approaches in day trips to the Atlas Mountains. With 4x4 Camel this is Your daytrip ! Hope to see you on another visit in Marrakech.
Oslo, Norway
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Our best day in Morroco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Three adults, two children (age 9,10) and one teen, had our best day in Morocco with Adil in the Atlas Mountains. I really recomend this trip for everybody who wants to get to know the Berber people, and to experience a part of Morocco far away from crovded Marrakech.

Visited February 2013
adil M, Owner at 4X4 Camel - Private Day Tours, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Many thanks for your review. It always great to hear kids and teenager enjoy the day . Hopefully we also will have lots of Norwegian travellers after your recommendation . Hope to see you on another visit to Morocco.
New York
“Great Tour of Atlas Mountains”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I can only echo what the other reviewers say. Adil made booking easy, arrived at our riad on time, and proceeded to give us a great insight into Berber culture and the Atlas Mountains. The lunch experience in the Berber home is not to be missed. Incredible views and the best tajine I ate during my entire trip.

Visited March 2013
adil M, Owner at 4X4 Camel - Private Day Tours, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review about your day with 4x4 Camel. We are glad you had a great experience and that you voted the lunch at the Berber house as your best of your trip . You are always welcome to Morocco.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Make a wish, Adil will make your dream trip come true..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I have to say, I might be one of Adil's most difficult to satisfy clients. Morroco is a country quite far to travel from where I am originally. Given the opportunity to travel to Marrakech, I was determined to arrange the best possible arrangement to see the majestic Atlas mountain with family.

Even before we met, I was exchanging emails with Adil in great detail. He responded to every questions I had promptly, no matter how petty the questions were. We wanted the trip to be as authentic as it can be, Adil made it possible for us.

Our trip was a little bit different from Adil's usual itinerary because we actually combined it with the cooking lesson with Habiba ( I have separate review for her session, Berber cuisine)

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I had to cancel my first booking with him. He was a gentleman. He did not request for any compensation for his loss. Fortunately, my family & I had the opportunity to travel to Marrakech afterwards. Reminded by his professionalism when we had to cancel previously, we decided to reserve for his trip. I am glad that we made that decision. The trip to Atlas Mountain with Adil was definitely an experience of a lifetime.

To begin with, Adil is a punctual person. We agreed to start the journey at 8.30am, he arrived 10minutes earlier. He also spoke good English.

He also tried hard to satisfy his client. My husband was asking him for advice on where to buy good leather jackets, instead of telling us, he brought us to the shop at the end of the trip. At the end of our journey, we accidentally left the clay turtle which my 3yrs son adores (gift from Habiba), Adil kindly returned the ' turtle' to us the next day.

Some of the places in the mountains he included in his trips are not reachable by bus. You will definitely need a 4x4 & an experienced driver.

The trip we had was definitely authentic.
I echoed the comments of previous reviewers on the Berber market. Definitely an eye opener. Very colourful and much in contrast with other markets we have been, including the Souks of Medina. Colourful painted lorries used as 'buses', donkey carts trespassing small lanes in between stalls, traditional doctors & barbers, fruits & vegetables, basically a one stop centre for everything you need for living in the Atlas mountain.
We bought our spices here and glad we did. Not only that the price is cheaper but also the quality of the spices.

My daughter & I really enjoyed our cooking lessons with Habiba (I have also written a separate review for habiba's lesson : Berber cuisine) . The lesson itself was as authentic as it can be. Not the usual cooking school :)

Our cooking lesson with Habit was arranged by our guide Adil (4x4 camel). The lessons are private (only me & my daughter) Unlike the usual cooking class, we learn to cook in a real Berber kitchen. No formalities, unpretentious, more fun & personal touch. Habiba did not speak English. But that was not a barrier for us. Her gestures are comprehensible plus Adil was with us acting as a translator and also helping my daughter cook.

My daughter was inspired by the Junior Masterchef so she requested if she can make her own tangine instead of just helping me. Habiba & Adil arranged for my daughter to have a small table for her to cook her own small chicken tangine.

Suffice to say we had more than what we bargained for. Great views, excellent food (best Tangine & Zaalok so far) and we experience the generosity of the Berber people who had so little but give so much.

I do not speak the same language as Habiba & vice versa but I can feel Habiba's warmth and kindness towards her guests. I am humbled by her, there was an incident worth mentioning, As I saw Habiba's basic kitchen, lacking of modern utensils but full of labour & love, I was wondering if I can give her something. How I wished I have brought some token for her from home. So, I thought to myself and then discussed with my husband, what if we offer to buy from her the tangine set that we used in the cooking lesson at a good price. In our mind we were thinking, with that, we can have the memories and she can have a new one. I have also checked beforehand that she did have many tangine sets in her kitchen so it is not a trouble for her if we buy one of them.
Little did I know that she refused my money and gave me the tangine set as a gift. Humbled, I tried to find a valuable thing to give from my purse apart from money, I did not have any. So I gave her my brooch which I am embarrassed to confess that was of little value. It is more for her to keep as memories. As we were leaving her house, again I was humbled by her gift to my son, a clay turtle which my son fondly played whilst we were cooking.

Camel rides afterwards was enjoyable. Adil really knows how to 'select' which camel man for his client. I had the experience of riding a camel before. But this was much more fun for the whole family this time mostly because of the camel man. We went camel riding with the background of Atlas mountain. It was raining slightly but that did not dampen our mood. My children were sleepy but I woke them up anyway because they were looking forward to the ride. The camel man was very kind. Helped with my daughter's shoes which was untied. Singing along whilst we were riding the camel. Actually, he was only chanting: very good.. Very good.. Marhaba.. Marhaba.. Engaging my kids to participate in his chant. My kids really enjoyed the ride that they wanted more at the end of it :)
And the camel man took nice pictures as well.

The scenery of the Asni & Ourika valley on the journey was amazing, the mud-houses blending with the mountains, small rivers, cactuses, blooming flowers..
We regret that it was raining that we couldn't take as many scenery pictures of the mountains as we like. We told Adil about it via email once we were back home.
I am surprised to receive his call from Marrakech the same day that I wrote the email. He made a promise to snap us some scenery pictures the next time he goes there and email us the pictures. Adil, we are looking forward for that & really appreciate the gesture.
For us, it really shows that Adil really try to give his best for his client.

We hope Adil will be pleased to know that each family member had a great time. An experience of a lifetime and of course, VERY authentic indeed..
Thank you Adil!

~ a detail review dedicated to Adil from your 'detail' client ;)

Visited March 2013
I don’t know what to say except : “Thank You “ for your wonderful and extremely comprehensive review about your day with 4x4 Camel . There so many information I can only hope you inspired more people to spend a day with us . We hope to see you another time in Morocco .