“the best hostel ever” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #717 of 1,102 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“the best hostel ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

This hostel is truly this best hostel i have ever been to. It was located in a renovated beautiful ancient mansion in downtown Marrakesh. The staff were the friendliest people I have ever met. The hostel was impeccably clean. It was simply perfect!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

I would love to recommend this property completely. The staff are super friendly and very helpful. The location is excellent and the free wifi is great to have. Unfortunately, out of our party of 4, one person experienced bed bugs. The rooms are also very cramped and poorly ventilated. If you are a good sleeper and want to take your chances with the bed bugs, this is a great place.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Pacific Northwest
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

I was looking forward to my visit to Marrakech and my stay at Auberge Riad Douzi which I had read was a lovely place to stay. Once found, the hostel was nicely situated, being inside the Medina and close to Djemaa El-Fna, the center of entertainment and shopping. Marrakech is truly lovely and I enjoyed my stay. Unfortunately I awoke after my first night to find I had 4-5 red welts on my arm which I attributed to mosquitoes. The next morning a awoke with nearly 100 bites - on my arms, hands, legs, feet, neck and top of my head. Most of the welts were small but many of them were fairly large - and all itched like crazy. I found my bed was infested with bed bugs - a very unsettling discovery. I ended up going to a doctor who recommended I go to a pharmacy where I got pills for the allergic reaction and a tube of ointment for the intense itching, made worse by the heat and humidity. I regret the staff weren't more interested in my welfare but rather annoyed that I made mention of it.

While any hotel or hostel can get bed bugs they should be more interested in the welfare of their customers. Regrettably Auberge Riad Douzi wasn't so be warned and do check your bedding and - if you can - any within 20 feet of your bed - the distance they can and do travel for a meal. Bedbugs can be dangerous and can go as long as a year without eating/feeding.

Room Tip: Check your bedding and that of the beds around you since bedbugs can travel 20' to feed and anot...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Helsingborg, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011 via mobile

The best staff, specially Abdul who you can talk and ask about anything! The other ladies are also very nice. :)
It's very clean(hard to find in Morocco)and I love the roof-terrace! There you can sit and talk for hours or sleep under the stars.
Very good location (once you find it) in central medina, but still quiet at night.
I just loved staying there and hope I can come soon again!

• Stayed September 2011

Been to Auberge Riad Douzi? Share your experiences!