“Stunning Riad, fabulous food and staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #285 of 1,055 Marrakech B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Stunning Riad, fabulous food and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have very recently returned from an amazing 4 night stay at La Villa Marrakech, where I went with my husband to celebrate his birthday.
As soon as we arrived we were warmly welcomed by Simone and Oliver. We then sat for a while by the pool in the beautiful courtyard and given mint tea and delicious little moroccan sweet pastries, while our bags were taken to our room.
We stayed in the LVM suite which was stunning and leads directly onto the terrace where, during our stay, we sunbathed and enjoyed the jacuzzi.
The staff and the service were fantastic. We ate at the hotel every night as well as having a delicious lunch on the terrace on our last day.The food was consistently excellent, cooked by the wonderful Miriam, who also doubled up as the the person giving the most amazing Hamman treatment, that left us feeling cleaner and smoother skinned than I can remember.

I had booked us massages, after which Simone asked how we liked them as her usual masseuse had been unavailable. On discovering that we were not as pleased as she would like, she immediately re booked us with her regular girl, at her own expense, as she wanted us to feel completely delighted with the experience.
I can honestly say that the personal attention and kindness of Simone and Oliver and all the staff, meant that we had the most wonderful, relaxing, experience on all levels. Every meal and every glass of wine was a complete pleasure and always presented exquisitely.

I would highly recommend a visit here and can't wait for the opportunity to go back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Greek first
Harpenden, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed for my birthday for 4 nights, and loved every minute of it. The rooms are idyllic, especially the Ambre Suite.

Simone & Oliver were perfect hosts with impeccable taste. Miriam cooks delicious food, and I can highly recommend the shoulder of Lamb or kofte @ lunch.Agil, will make sure you have a great stay also - greeting with a friendly smile over breakfast, and goes out of his way to ensure you get the drink you want, even if not stocked! Thanks for the Fanta orange! ;-).

Don't want to rattle on for too long, but the massage was great, the view from the balcony amazing, and the jacuzzi on the roof just perfect.

Thanks all at LVM - we'll definitely return next time we're in Marrakech!

Room Tip: Ambre suite is the one looking over the pool in the courtyard.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights and stayed in the ivory room which we loved. Simone and Oliver were so welcoming and nothing was too much trouble. We ate here every night as the food was absolutely delicious. Do have the lamb and cous cous. Miriamne was a wonderful cook. Breakfasts delicious too. We had a traditional Hamman and also a full massage at the riad. Both excellent. The massage was one of the best I have ever had. Short walk to the medina. Loved it and would return.

• Stayed April 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

My boyfriend and I chose LVM having read reviews for dozens of riads, and having just returned from a 4 night stay there, are happy to say that it completely lived up to the rave reviews it constantly receives. As well as the riad being immaculately clean and beautifully designed, what really struck us was how Simone and Olivier, along with Miriam the chef, Karima and Mohammed, made us feel completely at ease and looked after.

We dined at the riad on two evenings, and can echo what other reviews have said about the delicious cooking. Beware, though - Moroccan portions are not small, and when food is this delicious, weight gain is inevitable! The meals we had at the riad weren't cheap (on a par with a restaurant in London), but the quality, volume (a selection of starters, main course, dessert, water, and mint tea), service and ambience make them an experience not to be missed.

Breakfast was a highlight for me. Freshly baked pastries and home-made jam with fruit and fresh orange juice, taken on the roof terrace overlooking the city with the Atlas Mountains in the background. Nor was there any problem when my boyfriend requested some eggs and tomato salad for breakfast as a break from all the sugary goodness.

We stayed in the LVM suite which is the only room on the top floor and opens directly onto the terrace. The suite is beautiful, and being so close to the jacuzzi was handy, since we only used it in the evenings, when (at this time of year) it was too cool to lounge around outside afterwards.

We are already recommending this place to our friends who look at our photos with envy!

Room Tip: We stayed in the LVM suite which is the only room on the top floor and opens directly onto the terra...
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This really is a fabulous hotel - the staff and owners were so unblievably attentive and just simply could not do enough for you, but totally non intrusive. The place was spotless, beautiful, quiet and just totally gorgeous. I also thought it was exceptional value and will def be returning. Some people just know how to entertain and make people feel at home and Simone the owner certainly does! Mariyam's Aubergine Gratin is one of the most delicious things I've ever eaten, as was the rest of the food she prepared for us. I am not sure what else you would want in a boutique hotel. Simply exceptional. One of my best short trips ever.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

“A little piece of Heaven”

La Villa Marrakech is the perfect combination of the warmth and cosiness of a home and the excellent service and luxury of a five star hotel.

A 5-star home
The Riad is a gem hidden behind one of those sumptuously hand-carved large wooden doors, located in one of those rare cute and clean little streets just a stone’s throw away from Marrakech’s main square and souk. Needless to say, ideal location. I entered and was immediately greeted by Simone, the most kind-hearted French lady and the loveliest of hosts. Simone, her partner and her son made my stay one I will keep in my memory as one to remember forever. I immediately felt at ease, at home in this exceptional setting and knew I could count on them at any given moment should I had needed anything at all. Soon enough I got to meet the rest of the fantastic team that makes of this place an absolute must. The only downfall: I did not want to leave.

Décor and more
When the warm and authentic Moroccan interiors meet the French “je-ne-sais-quoi” sophistication, one ends up with the best of both worlds. There is an incredible attention to detail. As I admired the fine metal work of the lamps, I am told each of them had been made to measure to fit perfectly to their respective walls and ceilings. The warm hints of ochres, fresh whites and splashes of turquoises make the whole interior come effortlessly together to the highest standards of decoration. Candle lights and Rose petals enhanced the romantic features of the villa. Big plus: the unquestionable cleanliness of the rooms and hotel as a whole.

Bed, bath and baby sleep
Not only do you have access to a beautiful swimming pool on the ground floor but there is also the Jacuzzi on the top floor for the most lavish ones. A 30-minute traditional Moroccan Hammam quickly became part of the highlights of my daily routine. I also particularly enjoyed the spa treatments offered. I highly recommend the exfoliation and mud treatments the first day – you will end up with baby skin ready to welcome a tan. The massages are cheap and excellent – as simple as that. Having been given the wonderful Pearl Suite, my open-plan bathroom offered access to a central bath, perfect for bath-lovers like me. As for the details that made the whole difference: the outstanding softness of the towels, duvets and bedsheets. You will sleep like a baby, no doubt – I have.

Taste the real deal
The cook Myriam offered us a genuine culinary voyage as my tastebuds were invited to discover the most outstanding Moroccan dishes: the real deal. The first night, we stayed in for dinner. And the day after. And the following one. The choice wasn’t hard: we would stick to Myriam’s food – it was simply divine. “Myriam and her miraculous culinary secrets”, whispers Simone with her contagious smile and sparkly expressive eyes. What also put a huge smile on my face was the ultimate must-eat: the Tanjia. The Tanjia is slow-cooked meat in an urn-shaped ceramic pot over a lengthy period of time nestled in the heart and heat of local Hammams. As for pastries and desserts, the Villa Marrakech will offer you “la crème de la crème”, quite literally as Olivier is the master pastrycook for anything cream-based and beyond. From the “forêt-noire”, the “fraisier” to the revisited French version of the sweet Moroccan pastilla, Olivier’s personal touch is the cherry on the cake for an all-together perfect holiday.

Thank you!

Room Tip: The Pearl Suite was perfection!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

From first contact with Simone online I felt confident in the high level of attention to detail provided by this riad. Nothing was too much hassle, even ensuring my vegetarian dietery requirements were taken care of without any fuss, which was fantastic given that this trip was literally booked 2days before we actually went. The homemade food provided at the riad was delicious, the best meal we had whilst in Marrakech .... The courses were plentiful and the desserts were amazing. If you want it is possible to never leave the riad - the roof terrace, pool, massage room, in house hammam, jacuzzi and fantastic food in the beautiful setting of the dining room mean you can have a fulfilled and restful break in a splendid style however, with this being our second trip to Marrakech we had a few things we wanted to 'tick off the list' that we didn't do the last time so spent a lot of time out and about. The Riad is easy to find being just off the main street Rue de Le Kasbah and the route to the main square takes you past the saadian tombs and a number of other places of interest. The view from the roof terrace is superb, it is the highest terrace around so you have direct views across the surrounding roof tops to the Atlas mountains - glorious way to start the day with breakfast and that view. Simone, Olivier and their son (who was visiting at the time) recommended some great things to do and places to go, this insiders knowledge is what I think is fantastic about staying in a good riad. Olivier quickly guessed how my boyfriend had become ill (orange juice from the main square) and Simone was quick to help him with medicine - thank you. The staff are really very friendly and extremely helpful. I will whole heartedly recommend this Riad to anyone travelling to Marrakech and of any age. We are a couple in our mid-late 20's and loved our stay here, but I also know my parents and grandparents would fully enjoy staying here too. This is a beautiful Riad with lovely additional features such as the pool and jacuzzi which make the place stand out against others in the same price bracket. Above all the high level of individual care make this place really special, we left Marrakech so much more rested and invigorated in no doubt mostly due to the easy living spirit of this Riad. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad La Villa Marrakech? Share your experiences!