“A little piece of Heaven.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #275 of 1,046 Marrakech B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“A little piece of Heaven.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

“A little piece of Heaven”

La Villa Marrakech is the perfect combination of the warmth and cosiness of a home and the excellent service and luxury of a five star hotel.

A 5-star home
The Riad is a gem hidden behind one of those sumptuously hand-carved large wooden doors, located in one of those rare cute and clean little streets just a stone’s throw away from Marrakech’s main square and souk. Needless to say, ideal location. I entered and was immediately greeted by Simone, the most kind-hearted French lady and the loveliest of hosts. Simone, her partner and her son made my stay one I will keep in my memory as one to remember forever. I immediately felt at ease, at home in this exceptional setting and knew I could count on them at any given moment should I had needed anything at all. Soon enough I got to meet the rest of the fantastic team that makes of this place an absolute must. The only downfall: I did not want to leave.

Décor and more
When the warm and authentic Moroccan interiors meet the French “je-ne-sais-quoi” sophistication, one ends up with the best of both worlds. There is an incredible attention to detail. As I admired the fine metal work of the lamps, I am told each of them had been made to measure to fit perfectly to their respective walls and ceilings. The warm hints of ochres, fresh whites and splashes of turquoises make the whole interior come effortlessly together to the highest standards of decoration. Candle lights and Rose petals enhanced the romantic features of the villa. Big plus: the unquestionable cleanliness of the rooms and hotel as a whole.

Bed, bath and baby sleep
Not only do you have access to a beautiful swimming pool on the ground floor but there is also the Jacuzzi on the top floor for the most lavish ones. A 30-minute traditional Moroccan Hammam quickly became part of the highlights of my daily routine. I also particularly enjoyed the spa treatments offered. I highly recommend the exfoliation and mud treatments the first day – you will end up with baby skin ready to welcome a tan. The massages are cheap and excellent – as simple as that. Having been given the wonderful Pearl Suite, my open-plan bathroom offered access to a central bath, perfect for bath-lovers like me. As for the details that made the whole difference: the outstanding softness of the towels, duvets and bedsheets. You will sleep like a baby, no doubt – I have.

Taste the real deal
The cook Myriam offered us a genuine culinary voyage as my tastebuds were invited to discover the most outstanding Moroccan dishes: the real deal. The first night, we stayed in for dinner. And the day after. And the following one. The choice wasn’t hard: we would stick to Myriam’s food – it was simply divine. “Myriam and her miraculous culinary secrets”, whispers Simone with her contagious smile and sparkly expressive eyes. What also put a huge smile on my face was the ultimate must-eat: the Tanjia. The Tanjia is slow-cooked meat in an urn-shaped ceramic pot over a lengthy period of time nestled in the heart and heat of local Hammams. As for pastries and desserts, the Villa Marrakech will offer you “la crème de la crème”, quite literally as Olivier is the master pastrycook for anything cream-based and beyond. From the “forêt-noire”, the “fraisier” to the revisited French version of the sweet Moroccan pastilla, Olivier’s personal touch is the cherry on the cake for an all-together perfect holiday.

Thank you!

Room Tip: The Pearl Suite was perfection!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

103 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Greek first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

From first contact with Simone online I felt confident in the high level of attention to detail provided by this riad. Nothing was too much hassle, even ensuring my vegetarian dietery requirements were taken care of without any fuss, which was fantastic given that this trip was literally booked 2days before we actually went. The homemade food provided at the riad was delicious, the best meal we had whilst in Marrakech .... The courses were plentiful and the desserts were amazing. If you want it is possible to never leave the riad - the roof terrace, pool, massage room, in house hammam, jacuzzi and fantastic food in the beautiful setting of the dining room mean you can have a fulfilled and restful break in a splendid style however, with this being our second trip to Marrakech we had a few things we wanted to 'tick off the list' that we didn't do the last time so spent a lot of time out and about. The Riad is easy to find being just off the main street Rue de Le Kasbah and the route to the main square takes you past the saadian tombs and a number of other places of interest. The view from the roof terrace is superb, it is the highest terrace around so you have direct views across the surrounding roof tops to the Atlas mountains - glorious way to start the day with breakfast and that view. Simone, Olivier and their son (who was visiting at the time) recommended some great things to do and places to go, this insiders knowledge is what I think is fantastic about staying in a good riad. Olivier quickly guessed how my boyfriend had become ill (orange juice from the main square) and Simone was quick to help him with medicine - thank you. The staff are really very friendly and extremely helpful. I will whole heartedly recommend this Riad to anyone travelling to Marrakech and of any age. We are a couple in our mid-late 20's and loved our stay here, but I also know my parents and grandparents would fully enjoy staying here too. This is a beautiful Riad with lovely additional features such as the pool and jacuzzi which make the place stand out against others in the same price bracket. Above all the high level of individual care make this place really special, we left Marrakech so much more rested and invigorated in no doubt mostly due to the easy living spirit of this Riad. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Loule, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

From the moment we were greeted by Simone and Olivier we were made to feel extremely welcome and at home. They went out of their way to be helpful and to attend to our needs - but without being intrusive in any way. The rooms are beautifully designed with great attention to detail and there is a lovely roof terrace with sitting area, sunbeds and a jacuzzi. Worth asking for an evening meal at the Riad - we ate by candlelight beside an open fire and enjoyed excellent authentic cuisine at a very reasonable price. My partner wanted a fish tajine and I wanted a chicken and apricot dish and they were happy to meet our different requirements.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

A truly memorable experience in this beautiful, cosy, hidden retreat. Very rarely one finds the elegance, attention to details, excellent service, great comfort of La Villa in Marrakesh with a family atmosphere. The perfect Moroccan style décor of the "La Villa" enhances your Marrakesh experience, the beautiful rooms (with minibar, safe, HD TV, wifi etc.) are just what one wants for a very good rest back from the buzzy city. And when you get up in the morning a great breakfast is there waiting for you with home made croissant, pancakes, fresh fruit, fresh orange juice etc etc.
We are pretty frequent travellers and we always choose top of the range hotels and relais in our trips. Well, "La Villa" is definitely TOP!

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

My husband and I just spent 3 nights in this wonderful retreat with some very good friends to celebrate my "milestone" birthday and we could not have chosen a better place! The whole riad was ours for 3 nights and the owners Simone and Olivier together with their lovely staff made sure we were extremely well looked after. The highlight was my intimate birthday dinner in such a beautiful and exotic location and the morrocan feast prepared by Meriem was the best food we had in Marrakech.
Highly recommended!

Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We had a great time in this beautiful riad. Not only the rooms and accomodation were perfect, but especially the owners and the staff were so friendly and helpful. The breakfast was delicious (with home made croissants, yoghurt , moroccan pancakes but also fresh fruit and orange juice). The dinner was also perfect and the hammam with scrubbing by Meriem were so relaxing.
We had a wonderful stay! If we could, we'd go back immediately...

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I have just returned from a wonderful 3 night stay in La Villa Marrakech. We had such a wonderful time and Simone and Olivier had thought of absolutely everything to make our time with them comfortable. Their staff are wonderful and the team feel like they are all a happy family. The villa is immaculate, the architecture and interior design inspiring and the food in the riad was some of the best we had in Morocco. Olivier made fresh croissants daily, which I miss! Pure luxury, the perfect place to stay if you like good food, lovely hosts, a comfortable bed, quirky decor and amazing massages!

Room Tip: We booked all of the rooms and had a peak at eachothers, they are all lovely, close together and hav...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Riad La Villa Marrakech? Share your experiences!