“Great Staff and excellent customer service” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel El Kennaria
10 rue El Kennaria, Derb Dabachi, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #631 of 1,113 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“Great Staff and excellent customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have stayed in this Riad for a few days ( before ,and after few days of desert trip).
The location are great, 2 min from busy Djma El Fna ,but hidden from noise.
The bed is clean ,and comfy.
*some miss-understood when we first arrived, but it was all gone by their customer service attitude.
All I can say is,the staff there, Adil and Nordin ( ahh..sweet boy with sweet smile ) were great.
Breakfast were suppose to start at 7.30AM, but as we leave early for desert,Adil woke up at 6AM and prepare our breakfast!!!!to make sure we eat before the long journey.I almost feel sorry that he has to wake up that early..He also help me with buying local sim card,even help me to deal with the phone shop to charge my phone for 10MAD only,and help me to pick up the phone from the shop.Very patient staff and jovial and dancing for us all the time when he is free :-) ..
Oh yeah,there is always orange juice and mint tea serve as well...
Overall,the stay there was great and I may come back again if I were to come to Marrakech again.

Adil & Nordin - Thank you very much !!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Malaga, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

i have been many times in marrakech,but the first time in this place. it is now my favorite.
very good relation price-quality. nice rooms with air con. comfortable beds,even the pillows!
hot water in shower,with your own electric heather in the bathroom.the roof terrace is nice with breakfast served in the morning. its also possible to eat in the indoor patio. the location is perfect,2 minutes from the square,but away from the noice and finally the staff was really attentive,and always friendly and made you feel very welcome. i plan to go back to this hotel soon!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Familiar establishment, top location: very close to Djeema el Fna and the Medina; small but clean rooms; very nice was the Arabic breakfast on the roof terrace; possible to get special meals; very helpful and friendly service; very good value for money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Santa Cruz, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I had already booked five days at El Kennaria when I read Mylex58's one-star review, so was concerned about staying there. Once there, though, we had an absolutely wonderful time. The staff was great. The concierge negotiated a calesh for us so we could visit the gardens at Yves St. Laurent's former house (no taxis or cars are allowed inside the medina between noon and 6 a.m., so the horse-drawn carts are really the only option), saving us at least 50 euros. He also arranged a play date with the hotel owner's children across the street. Our boys loved meeting them -- they goof around, played computer games, etc. The concierge also arranged to have a friend take us into the souk to negotiate Moroccan robes and slippers for the boys. He also cheerfully arranged transport to and from the airport. The driver who picked us up at the airport earlier in the day taught our boys how to play Moroccan drums up on the roof-top terrace. The cook Adil was fantastic -- besides cooking great food for us, he also taught our boys how to play the Moroccan guitar, answered all our many questions, advised us on bargaining in the souk, showed us how to serve traditional Moroccan tea and let the boys practice -- the list goes on and on. Very, very special. The roof-top terrace was so relaxing -- we could take a break at lunch time and relax on the cushions, sheltered from the sun. Equally lovely at night -- relaxing eating under the stars. Only one night was it a little cool and we could untie curtains to create a private "room." Our room was clean and comfortable -- the hotel is a traditional riad with a central atrium open to the sky. The only reason I give 4 stars instead of 5 -- the room had a few little eccentricities -- the shower head was cracked, so it leaked; one of our windows didn't lock (but okay, because the outer shutters did lock); and the door lock to our room was a struggle to open. Otherwise, really great value -- a block from the central square of the medina, great staff, great food (Adil's Berber omelette was better than any other we had during our stay) -- would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms are nice -- just check to make sure your shower works and the door is easy to unlock.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Corato, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I've been to El Kennaria hotel for 3 days, and I was very pleased, for its central position (3 minutes walk from Jemm El Fna square), the cleaning, its beds with sheets of excellent quality, a bath with shampoo and single-dose soap, air conditioning, in a typically Moroccan structure, and its beautiful terrace, which serves a great breakfast .. definitely go back

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I booked my room through booking.com. When i arrived to Marrakesh, I found the hotel very easily.
The hotel staff was always around, helpful and polite. No matter what I needed. I got a big 3 bed room for myself with a clean bathroom, towels, and shower gel. On arrival they served mint tea (free, as welcome)
I loved every minute of my stay. The chill out area is awsome. You can have your breakfast on the roof. :)
If you can't bear the heat, there is a jacuzzi as well so you can just sit back and relax.
I haven't read the reviews before I came. I read them now. Maybe since then they changed staff.. Suring my stay The staff helped me with everything, shopping, getting things for the right price, buying my coach ticket, finding out the timetable for me, they gave me beauty tips, (for sunburn :), gave me directions, taught me few words in Arabic and Berber :)
The rooms are cleaned daily.
As a female solo traveller I was worried how people will treat me. I didn't have any problems. I felt safe in the hotel an outside too.

• Stayed May 2012
Cape Town Central, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed in Marrakech for a few days in Decemeber. We arrived quite late in the city and had some trouble locating our hotel. The service at the front desk was quite helpful. Our room was a bit small and cramped. The bathroom was really tiny. The geyser's capacity for flow of hot water was not good at all. The location of the hotel is however quite good with a range of shops in close proximity including a laundry service. The two ladies who served us breakfast were very polite and provided us with great hospitality. We loved the decor which was very traditional and the set-up on the roof top for breakfast.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel El Kennaria? Share your experiences!