- Travel was organised by the Riad for EUR 15 each way. I gave the flight number & estimated arrival time by email 1 month prior, the driver was at the exit terminal waiting for us with a handwritten sign. Easy! Get the transfer on the way to the Riad or you will be guaranteed to get lost!!! Could potentially get a cheaper taxi (but definitely less luxurious!) on the way back to airport.
- Amazing team of staff made a huge difference to the stay - Sadik greeted us with mint tea, maps and tips (he is quite a celebrity in these reviews!), the cleaner who was always lovely, smiling and did a wonderful job, the cook (brilliant food) and the punctual friendly drivers.
- Menzah Jouj room is slightly pricier than the others in the Riad but was worth the premium! It's at the end of the corridor which afforded a bit more privacy and was also much larger than all the other room. It also had its own sitting area and a 2 person stone bathtub (note hot water issue below)
- Quiet oasis 5 mins walk from the souks and 10 to the square, great location. You are right in the middle of it immediately! All the local boys (who will walk to you to where you need to go for 5 Dirhams - dont give them any more even if they complain!) know the road. Keep the card Sadik gives you so that when you lose your way someone can take you back!
- Amazing terrace on the roof where breakfast is served on a warm sunny day. The pictures on the website look EXACTLY like it does in real life. Gorgeous.
- Breakfast consistent of fresh OJ, tea/coffee, breads and jams/butter, omelettes on the first day and morrocan pancakes on the second.
- We took the advice of another traveller review and had the 3 course dinner in the riad. Best advice ever. SCRUMPTIOUS. Much better meal than what we paid more for at Fondouk. Clean and authentic experience in the riad.
- Sadik is the perfect host going above and beyond, you feel at home immediately and we don't even need to lock our door on the way out! (there is no way of doing so even if you wanted but its perfectly safe). We got back to the riad quite late when it started getting cold, he had turned the heating on for us so our room was nice and cosy!
- We ran out of hot water several times. If I took a 15 minute shower, then my partner unfortunately would only have hot water 75% of his shower. We specifically booked the room so we could enjoy a bath, but unfortunately a lack of hot water meant this was not possible.
- As the Riad is made of stone, this meant it could get very cold at night. Running the heating on through the night would fix this (but quite drying on the skin)
- Wifi won't work through the thick stone in the room upstairs. Good for loading text pages but thats it. Go downstairs ground floor for better wifi reception.
- We stayed for 2 nights but were not given any replacement towels. Towels that were too damp were removed but not replaced. Unfortunately we had to reuse wet towels the second day as towels don't dry well in cold stone bathrooms
- Minor gripes: No slippers, it was cold to walk around the bathroom/stone areas of the room (shoes need to come off after a day walking around in the grime of the souks!) Bed is quite hard and is 2 doubles put together as one. No toilet roll holder. Found some hairs in the tub on the first day but easy for me to clean. Drain in the bathtub was very slow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Azzouna 13 has been renovated in the purest Moroccan tradition. Stucco, woodwork and wrought iron have recovered their historical and original beauty. The Riad offers a big patio with two “Bhou”, traditional exterior lounges around a refreshing fountain, a living room with a fireplace for the wintery evenings, five rooms all with en-suite tadelakt bathroom in the most sober style. A big terrace with multiple lounging areas covers the housetop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Riad Azzouna 13 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.