“The manager is very Good” 5 of 5 stars

Riad Helen
138 derb Arset aouzal | Bab Doukkala, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #40 of 1,071 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Munich, Germany
“The manager is very Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I and my Hausband stay there on 6 Oktober-10october 2013.. We do Not intend to stay there but our Hotel what we Booked on Internet was closed !!!!!!! We had a Big Problem! Then we finded this Hotel .. The First Thing After the manager do After he know our Problem is..he help us . I forgot to ASK his Name .I know just the 2 Manager are french..they are friendly... I found that the room, Service, breakfast...are very Nice and PERFECT !!! The Day we League from marakech to Munich the manager bring us to Take a Taxi to go to the Airport !!! How Nice he is ,,,,... When i want to go to marakech again i will stay at Riad Helen again.... If you both read my Message <(manager ) i and my hasband want to say Thank you for everything....I hpe you can remember a Asia Girl and a German guy that Day !!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Mario-et-Maxime, Gérant at Riad Helen, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Oh it's good to hear news from you ! Thank you very much for writing some words about your stay at Riad Helen. We wanted to send you a message but we didn't take your email adress... We are very happy that you enjoyed the days you spent there, even if it was not your first choice. Well, at the end it seems that it was not too bad :-) Now that you know Riad Helen, we hope to see you again when you come back to Marrakech ! Please say hello to Thomas. Best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Really wonderful place to stay - beautiful riad situated easy walking distance from everything, whilst remaining a peaceful retreat away from the hubbub. Maxime and Mario were perfect hosts and Fatiha's cooking was delicious. I've already recommended this riad to friends and family. Thanks again for such a lovely stay!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Mario-et-Maxime, Gérant at Riad Helen, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Hi Isobel,
Thank you for your message. It really was a pleasure to receive you and Calum. You've been very nice, always smiling and laughing and we appreciate that ! If you come back to Marrakech one day (we never know) we hope that you will find your way back to Riad Helen ! Thank you again ! Best regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I was at the riad Helen from September 30 to October 4. It was my first time in Marrakech and the impact was strong from the start. Since I was confuse about the impact having arrived in the evening .. I found myself immersed in a Moroccan reality so present ( not seen tourists !) my confusion is increased.

Everything changed suddenly when Maxime came to pick me and I walked in the door of the Riad Helen .. I met him and Mario . It was like living in a fairy tale . The cozy, clean and "enchanted" . The staff always smiling and helpful ; Maxime and Mario , very professional and friendly , they made me feel welcomed like a family . Thanks to their suggestions I could appreciate the true magic of Marrakech. I felt safe and reassured by their presence available . The rooms with four-poster beds and soft colors are furnished with extreme care. The bathroom linen , always clean and fragrant. ( Also located in the bathroom every comfort and some cocola like rose water ... ;) ))) . Vases with roses and petals scattered , gave a touch of fragrant and delicate.

And what about breakfast ? Really good ! Sweet and salty at will. Different each day , served by Fatiha .. a woman sweet , reserved and always caring ! The breakfast was so filling that I never returned hunger before the afternoon ! ! It was also very nice to find someone who was waiting for us on our return and we wondered how we had spent the day , giving us valuable advice for the next day. After 5 days I went to Essaouira!! But I missed soo much the Riad Helen that I back immediately!! I spend my last 3 days in the Riad Helen.. pacefully as always!!

I would advise everyone to stay at Riad Helen. Even the location was convenient and located just 10 minutes walk from Jemma el Fna and the souks that are above it. Nearby there is an ATM and you always have the opportunity to take a petite taxi! In the end I hope to be back soon to Maxime Mario and Fatiha . I hope to be able to discover all the places , with skill and expertise I have described .... And then feel so pampered is really an ' experience should not be underestimated.It 'was a great experience and if I return to Marrakech, I'm sure that I would choose again the RIAD HELEN. Thanks guys for the great work you have done! So goodbye to everyone and thanks for the wonderful stay ! ..... ;)))

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Hi Jimmy ! We hope that everything goes well for you ! We want to thank you sooo much for your review. The three of us feel very glad that you spent relaxing time at our house. Reading all the nice things you wrote about your stay there, it seems that you fell in love with Riad Helen ! :-) You can't imagine how your message touches us, and we thank you again for the time you took to share your feelings on TripAdvisor. We hope to see you again soon, maybe with your friend as you told us ? Be sure that you'll always be welcome at Riad Helen ! We send you all our friendship :-)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

First time using Airbnb, first time in Marrakech, first time staying in a Riad, and luckily for me, was an amazing experience for all 3.

As hosts, Mario and Maxime were nothing short of phenomenal. Friendly, helpful and genuinely good people, they went far beyond the standard restaurant suggestions and travel tips, and helped make this trip as enjoyable as humanely possible. To catch my outgoing flight, I had to get a taxi at 4:20 AM and Mario not only scheduled one and helped make sure I didn't get fare gouged, he even woke up and escorted me to the cab, what a gentleman!

Fatiha was just as amazing, she not only made sure I had everything I needed each day (shampoo, body lotion, toothpaste, all provided for), but she even went out of her way to help walk me to the Jardin Majorelle (absolutely stunning, a definite place to visit if you like pretty things) and even helped me bargain with locals. Honestly the 3 of them were such a huge part of what made my trip great and that's nothing like what I've experienced at a hotel before.

Now as for the actual living space, terrific as well! Part of the wonder of Morocco for me was how you could walk down seemingly endless busy streets (very busy, and I thought New York sidewalk traffic was bad), but once you step in through a door, you're transported to a tranquil space, far removed from the hustle and bustle outside. Riad Helen has a great layout of 3 floors (rooftop is gorgeous and where you're served breakfast each morning). I stayed at the room at the end of the 2nd and it was just so cute, with its stone floors and walls, paintings and beaten metal sink. The bed was comfortable and big enough for 2, and because the location is tucked away from the main road (it seems confusing at first, navigating the streets, but it gets way easier after your first time) it's quiet and serene at night.

There is a mosque nearby which means at around 5 AM each day there is a call to prayer, but it doesn't last too long and my boyfriend never even heard it all 3 nights we stayed there (though he is a deep sleeper).

The location was also convenient as you're about a 10 min walk away from the Jemma el-Fnaa square and the souks which are above it. An ATM is nearby there and you always have the option of taking a petite taxi (try not to pay more than 20 dirhams!). In any case, Morocco is beautiful, the place was great, andI cannot wait to get a chance to come back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Mario-et-Maxime, Gérant at Riad Helen, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Wow, Kellen ! What a review ! Thank you so much for all the nice things you wrote there about your stay at Riad Helen. The three of us are really happy that you and Tim had such a good time in our house. Of course we would like to thank you for each compliment you made to us but we are kind of speechless ! Most of all, thank you for what you wrote about the time you spent with Fatiha, who is a very caring person, we already had the opportunity to say it there. Well, we are sincerely touched by your message... By the way, we hope that you enjoyed your stay in Barcelona, an other atmosphere but we're sure you liked it ! We wish you all the best and thank you again ! Kind regards,
Hastings, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

The reviews really say it all, Mario & Maxime should be very proud!

Me and my partner came to stay for 9 nights, we had originally planned to stay in a hotel but came across the idea of a riad by mistake. Best mistake I have ever made!

The house is beautiful and in a perfect location in the medina, everything you "must" see in Marrakech is within walking distance of the riad so its a perfect location. Mario & Maxime could not of done more; they were very kind and relaxed and made us feel as if it was our very own home. The breakfast was amazing every morning there would be a great selection of food with coffee, mint tea and freshly squeezed orange juice.

Fatiha was incredible she was very kind and was more than willing to help us get the most out of our Moroccan experience - She showed me how to make harira soup and a chicken tagine we even went out with her to buy the ingredients from the market.

The room was great, It was comfortable and the décor was gorgeous, especially the traditional Moroccan plastering in the bathroom.

Overall I could not have asked for a better way to visit Morocco, It was a perfect blend of comfort and luxury without missing out on that beautiful Moroccan culture.

When we do return to Morocco we will certainly be paying Maxime & Mario another visit, Insha'Allah!

Thanks for everything guys!

Room Tip: Every room was equally beautiful
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Mario-et-Maxime, Gérant at Riad Helen, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Hi Josh, hi Katrina,
We are aso happy that you enjoyed your stay at Riad Helen. Thank you so much for this wonderful review ! It seems that we always say the same things but how could it be different when we receive nice people like you ? It was such a great pleasure to receive you both. We spent good times with you, and our other guests ; we especially like when people who don't know each other have good time talking and laughing together. Thank you too for the nice things you said about Fatiha, who is for sure a kind, caring and talented person. She transmits her friendship and thanks you again for your cheerfulness. If you come back to Marrakech, you now know the adress, so please come back soon ! Thank you again !
PS : We hope that Katrina's hand did not double in volume because of the henna session on Jemaa el Fna ! ;-)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I absolutely loved staying here. I had a good feeling about this when i emailed to see if any rooms were available. Mario and Maxime were quick to respond, friendly and professional. When I arrived I was thrilled. The riad is gorgeous, it really is an oasis of calm. My friend and I were made to feel really welcome and it felt like a house rather than a hotel. There was a lovely atmosphere and Mario and Maxime really should take credit for that. It was lovely to come back to the riad and relax and get away from the madness, have a chat with Mario and Maxime or the other guests. Attention to detail is brilliant, with beautiful flowers, toiletries etc, there's also wifi and free drinks. Fatiha was also amazing, making a fab dinner for us and even helping us with our souvenir shopping.
These guys are doing a great job, the riad really is a home from home. This was my second visit to Marrakech and I can honestly say that staying here was one of the highlights of my trip.

• Stayed September 2013
Mario-et-Maxime, Gérant at Riad Helen, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Hi Lucy !
Thank you so much for this quick and so nice review ! It was a real pleasure for us too to receive you and your good friend Fin. We spent such good times with you two, and Katrina and Josh. We would have liked to keep you all with us ! It's very important for us that our guests feel like they are at home, so we feel glad that you felt comfortable at Riad Helen. Thank you too for having written some words about Fatiha, who was happy to accompagny (I'm not sure it's the right word) you in the Medina. We'll keep good memories of that walk. Hope you'll think of us when you use your tray ! :-)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We only stayed 1 night at Mario & Maxime's riad as we were travelling on elsewhere but this was one of the best places we stayed in our trip in morocco. We felt very welcome and relaxed and Mario really helped us out by helping to book a place to stay for our onward journey, even printing us a map so we didn't get lost! Definitely the best breakfast we had on our whole trip! Prepared with great care by Fatima, who is a fantastic cook. These guys are doing a fantastic job, are genuinely lovely people and it's really somewhere you can trust will be a great place to stay and refuge from the crazy streets of marrakech! The riad itself is very pretty and there are lovely details such as rose petals on the bed & nice toiletries in the bathroom. Thanks again guys!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Mario-et-Maxime, Gérant at Riad Helen, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Hello Elisabeth !
What a wonderful review, thanks a lot ! It's been a pleasure for us to receive you and Michael, even if it was for a short stay. We are happy that you loved the place as you describe it. Thank you too for the words about Fatiha's work. And about the help for your booking in Essaouira, it really was nothing ; we hope that the place you stayed was nice too. Thank you again for your message, we really appreciate ! All the best for you two.

Been to Riad Helen? Share your experiences!