“The best in the city” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #61 of 470 Hotels in Marrakech
Boston, Massachusetts
“The best in the city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Overall this hotel is true to the Four Seasons brand. The rooms are spacious, the hotel was not too busy (although it was July), and the staff were very friendly albeit maybe a bit laxidasical with a few things (pool staff seemed inattentive at times). No real qualms though. If staying and eating at the hotel for breakfast the choices can get quite repetitive, however, and is limited to a buffet style. This all being said, the property is expansive, luxurious, and spacious. Certainly the place to stay when traveling to a city like Marrakesh. Overall, an excellent stay.

Room Tip: Splurge for extra and get a villa overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this review, September 8, 2014
Dear Chris5588,

I loved your comment, it is thorough and gives us a couple of challenges to work on. They are super important and I have already gone through with Charles our Director of Food and Beverage to increase the rotation of additonal items in the morning breakfast.

Please let me know if I may ever be of any assistance in the future. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Respectfully,

Felix

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Luxurious, well appointed, situated in garden of flowers surounding wonderful pool areas. The SPA experience amoung the best you can find anywhere worthy of spending the entire day. I highly recommend the massage

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Four Seasons is a fantastic place to relax and 'chill out' as it has everything on offer; two swimming pools, restaurants, kids club etc. Our double suite was huge and wonderfuly decorated, with all the amenities you would expect from such a hotel. However as a family we did agree that on the whole, the hotel needs to 'tighten up' in certain areas. We did have a delicious barbecue supper one evening with both fish and meat being offered (the Italian restaurant was closed) however the breakfast on offer does not match the ones offered at other Four Seasons hotels. We wondered whether this was in part due to it being low season. The other point was the service, when on a number of minor occasions, it could have been improved. For example, asking 5/6 times for a shade and fresh towels when we arrived at the pool and multiple waiters asking us for our orders and then mixing up our order. We were also slightly disappointed, when, after a 1.5 hour wait at customs and arriving at the hotel, tired and late in the evening, they seemed reluctant to serve us which one would not have expected from an international hotel. However, these are very minor points - when staying at most hotels you would note even bother noting these, but it just seemed the hotel in certain areas was not quite up to the extremely high standards of other Four Seasons.

Room Tip: Our hotel room was incredible - on the ground floor, but we felt completely safe.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Mechelen, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Great hotel with a world class service! Nothing bad to say about this hotel. They'll make you feel like a king/queen. Also only 10minutes from the airport yet no noise from the planes. Great food in the restaurants.

• Stayed August 2014
hfrehde, Director of Sales at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Evy,

Thank you for your kind review and nice words about our service and staff. I am glad to see that all the hard work, love and attention our employees bring to the hotel every day, was well received by you during your stay.
Please come back soon.
Holger Frehde
Director of Sales & Marketing
Wokingham, Berkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

My husband surprised me (I didn't know till the night before exactly where I was going) by taking me to Marrakesh for our 20th wedding anniversary a couple of weeks ago. He doesn't normally have anything to do with booking our holidays so I was a little nervous!! I needn't have been, this hotel is amazing, from the minute we arrived they spoilt us. Our room was ready, even though we arrived at 10.30am and roses, sparkling wine, a 20th anniversary cake were all in our room on arrival.
The service level for the whole 6 nights did not falter, we had a fabulous time and I am very grateful to all of them for making our anniversary so special.
We have travelled all over the world and stayed in some great hotels, but this has to be the best.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely faultless, the best hotel I've ever stayed at. The place is just amazing, the staff are very friendly, approachable, helpful and always wear a smile. My 4 days stay is not enough I didn't wanna leave the place as I feel so relaxed and comfortable. Every penny I spent is worth it. I will definitely go back in this place and I will make sure that I will stay longer.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Lei,

Merci beaucoup for your great review. We hope you come back soon and stay longer! We have so many fun things to explore in and around Marrakech but also inside our resort, so please plan to stay longe next time. 4 days is not enough time to do it all.

Holger Frehde
Director of Sales & Marketing
Greenwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Marrakech can be quite overwhelming on first visit. We would go to the souk or to the Atlas Mountains and then come back to this very calming oasis. A swim in the pool at the end of the day was just what we needed to feel refreshed and ready to go exploring again the next day. Actually there are two pools: one for children and families and one for adults. Being a lap swimmer, I really appreciated the calm of the adult pool. And the occasional free treat by the pool. One day it was coconut ice cream! I also loved the morning buffet, especially the omelet. And the Moroccan restaurant made me a love of tajine! Perhaps the most professional service ever. Nice, nice people.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this review, October 4, 2014
Dear JamieC51,

There is something for me that you touch upon that I was very happy to hear. The Souks and the Medina as amazing as it is, it may become a bit overwhelming. The fact that coming out of it, just 5 or 7 minutes away to our Resort, it makes you disconect and relax. We are trully the only resort in the City with over 40 acres of land.

My name is Felix Murillo, I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Resort Marrakech. Thank you JamieC51 so very much for writting about us. Thank you, thank you for talking about the nice attitude of the people of Four Seasons here. I do believe that here in Morocco you find so many good heart, great hospitality minded people. We are blessed to be here and we do have a great responsiblity to train and develop the people.

I hope one day you return and I am able to assist you in any way. My direct email address is felix,murillo@fourseasons.com.

Yours cordially,

Felix

Been to Four Seasons Resort Marrakech? Share your experiences!