“Simply superb” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #61 of 471 Hotels in Marrakech
London
“Simply superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

What a wonderful hotel, truly an oasis in Marrakesh. Not far from the airport and only a short can ride into town when you need to go, but it's worth this short trip to enjoy just a quality resort. The rooms are huge with balconies, walk in wardrobes and doubled sinked bathrooms. Two pools, one for the families and one for the couples. Lovely restaurants, one Italian and one Moroccan and one for lunch by the pool. The pool staff are very attentive with many sips and munchies delivered throughout the day to keep you cool and satisfied. The sun beds have towelling covers and then towels on top which are all changed when you go for lunch. Such wonderful attention to detail. The staff are delightful. And a top quality boutique with very nice items if the rubbish in the souks just drains you after a while! Stay here it's a dream.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I'm a huge fan of the Four Seasons and booked a room here because of their quality service/quality standards. This hotel was fine; it had a beautiful modern lobby and nice pools. But the rooms were a little small and honestly, not as authentic as I'd hoped. This felt like a resort erected out of the outskirts of the old city and was a pretty good distance from everything else. If you're a honeymooning couple, this might be a good choice if you just plan to stay on the grounds the whole time but I wasn't interested in that and comparative to the other hotels in the area like La Sultana or La Mammounia, it lacked.

Stayed July 2014
hfrehde, Director of Sales at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Cassie,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our resort. I am sorry to hear that you dd not enjoy your stay as much as we hoped for. You are right we are not inside the hustle and buste of the Medina, but insetad we offer our guests a wonderful calm oasis just outside the Medina walls (Only 3km/ 1.6 miles away). We hope on your next trip to Marrakech you will give us another try and we will make sure we give you an even bigger Pavilion room!
Please come back soon.
Holger Frehde
Director of Sales & Marketing
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

The Four Seasons in Marrakech is not only another gorgeous property, it is designed to incorporate delightful aspects of the regional architecture and décor. And the gardens. As in many other parts of Morocco, there were roses everywhere. EVERYWHERE!
My room wasn't ready on my arrival after 15 hours of traveling, but I was made comfortable and cared for while I waited. My first introduction to mint tea and the dramatic serving technique were, indeed, a great welcome. I needed that.

The grounds are spacious. I loved the separate family pool. No scrimping on design between the adults only pool and the family pool, but it was lovely to have a choice of "activity" level.

The rooms were very comfortable. I loved both our private terrace and the spacious balcony our friends had with their suite.

The staff were gracious and helpful, but never intrusive. In fact, they were seldom seen. But always there when needed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
birmingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Hi

We as a family stayed 3nights for the second time and it was great. We spent most of the time by the pool as we already been sight seeing etc last time.

Breakfast was good (PS just ask and they will see if they can make it. I love my pancakes. However they were frequently burnt this time ??). Evening buffet was OK but am not a fan of marrocan food not enough spice. However the grill is good. Deserts again not my taste really. Maybe they could add a little non-marrocan food??

Overall good. Only issue which I had was
1) pool service befor 11am and when the main pool guy is absent (Friday) is terrible. You can not get drinks and genral service. I had to go find someone or even used a phone. Not major issue as I liked the walk with the nice views. However means less drinks consumed ?? Again the pool food was not amazing and slow. Thinking about it we didn't even get regular cold water which they do at every FS. I think this is because Ramadan as the staff could be on a go slow which is why I didn't really voice my concerns

2) I had the feeling they gave use the worse room and then showed us a better room at a small upgrade. Guess it's a good trick lol and it worked. But I requested they give use free high speed WiFi. However this really only worked in the room well. And I notice a lot of restrictions in that country. Ie no blinkbox??

3) A useless life guard. I would not trust him with my kids. He looked fed up lol. Anyway he annoyed me the first day so guess I had a chip on my shoulder. We was at the kids pool. I requested a ice booket and food menu (no one else around to request) . He said that was fine and 30min later nothing. So I went back and told it was coming. Another 30min and my partner goes and asks. She came back saying he being rude etc?? . so I had enough and complained to front desk. But this didn't really change any during our stay. Same life guard no other person around. What can you do??

3). OK before I came to FS I made a promise I will have the best choc milkshake I had before. However even this has changed it was a plain milkshake. No choc chips or almonds :( . little cut backs make all the difference

I guess am moaning about little things but when u had the best before anything else is second best. So let's keep it the best please FS manager as I would like to come back

Thanks

Room Tip: Higher floor if you want a view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Pete,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your detailed review. Reviews like yours help us improve and we do take them very serious and act upon them. So thank you again for giving us these "pointers".
When you come back, please let me know and we will take very good care of you.
Holger Frehde
Director of Sales & Marketing
Waterlooville, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

What a location what service very very top notch best hotel i have stayed in the service was excellent and staff were of the highest quality highly recommend the facilities are excellent the food was amazing made a business trip so much better the Hotel is close to an amazing city well worth a stay here!

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Some of the best service I've had in a 5 star hotel. Proper attentive, staff that make one feel welcome.

Good food, great rooms and two wonderful pools.

Four Season's are typically pretty good, I've been to a few others. This is the most attentive yet relaxed one.

Room Tip: If you want a better room. Pay more.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed at the four seasons Marrakech in April. The hotel was fantastic and the service was at a very high standard. The resort was so nice that we didn't want to go out from it.
I Would recommend the hotel to people who are looking for a relaxing resort. They have a top quality spa and several pools.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Four Seasons Resort Marrakech? Share your experiences!