“Beautiful Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #76 of 460 hotels in Marrakech
“Beautiful Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Stayed at the Four Seasons in mid September. The hotel is perfect if you want complete relaxation in beautiful surroundings. Gorgeous Pool area - two pools - one adults only. The Spa is
really lovely and
worth a visit or two during your stay. It is nice to come back to the peace and quiet
of the hotel after the madness of Marrakesh.

Room Tip: We had a Pavilion Room - ground floor - so that we could just be a few steps from the pool. Lovely...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Berylruth,

My name is Felix Murillo, I have just been appointed the General Manager of the Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, I am very happy to be here now. Truth to be told I was also sad to leave Istanbul where I was for the past four years first the Hotel Manager of the Bosphorus and then the General Manager of our Istanbul property, a Hotel that I had already been back in 1996 opening it. Istanbul was so special for us.

I was so happy that you were writting about the coming back from the great madness of the Medina and the Souks to the peace and quiet environment of the Hotel.... which is just 5 minutes away from the Medina. When I arrived here one of the first thing I saw was a couple dropping his kids in the kids club and the family pool, the place where they want to be and have fun.... For them only to go some meters away and enjoy the adult pool.... I felt that this was very special... A way for the entire family to be on vacation. I loved it!

Thank you for giving me a great inside, just a very few days away from my arrival. If I may ever be of any assistance within Four Seasons or Marrakech, please let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Best;

390 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

The Four Seasons Resort Marrakech is a paradise of tranquility and luxury amongst the hustle and bustle of beautiful Marrakech.

Staying only one night in August 2013, I was greeted by the very welcoming doorman who presented my family and I with cold towels and bottled water, much needed after a warm taxi ride under the summer heat.

Then disaster struck. My fiancé had left her phone in a grand-taxi that dropped us off at the resort. After 5 minutes of panic and informing the aforementioned man who welcomed us, he rang through to the security team who had tracked the taxi, ordering the driver to return. Luckily enough, the driver returned the phone after a few minutes thanks to the security team. You would not find this level of security anywhere else in Marrakech.

Check in was smooth. The two love-birds (you'll know what I mean if you have the luck to stay at the Four Seasons Marrakech) are beautifully chirping away as you are presented with mint tea, nuts and dried fruit to snack on whilst check in is completed.

The rooms are all stunning with magnificent l'Occitane soaps, shower gel, shampoo and conditioners. I doubt there are better rooms in Marrakech. They are all modern and contemporary with a Arabesque feel which adds to the Moroccan experience. There are tea and coffee making facilities, complimentary bottled water, a large walk in wardrobe with a giant, flat safe in a drawer. Playing around with the ceiling fans was amusing! Our interconnecting rooms both had a stunning terrace with a plush-pillow sofa to enjoy the views of the resort or Atlas mountains. Housekeeping staff are also attentive. Our housekeeping member addressed us personally and asked us if we would like anything else (more products, water etc) as we waited on the terrace for him to clean our room during turn-down.

I was stunned by the level of detail at the hotel. They even offer, at a charge, a personal trainer to jog with you around the hotel to exercise and explore the grounds of the hotel. I'd have loved to have done this if I had more time.

The pool area (don't forget to try the jacuzzi as well) is like non I have ever seen. Pumps of sun cream is available where the towels are located and we were given small bottles of ice cold water by the pool staff, as well as a delicious frozen fruit purée to cool us down.

I was however very disappointed by the slow check-out. I was charged for watching 2 movies on the entertainment system and this was NOT stated they are liable for a charge. That left a bitter taste.

However, there is no better hotel or resort in Marrakech.

You will love the Four Seasons Experience.

• Stayed August 2013
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear rko21,

I just arrived to Marrakech, literally a week ago and it was very good for me to read your comment. Thank you. My name is Felix Murillo, I am the just appointed General Manager of the Four Seasons Resort Marrakech.

It hurts, but I agree with you so much. All the hard work on ensuring you love the place may be damaged by slow check out or a nickle and diamond charge on your bill. I am sorry about it. Your review is so detailed. It is a very good insight reading. Thank you.

rko21, If I may ever be of any assistance within Four Seasons or Marrakech, pleasae let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Yours cordially,

Sheffield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights with my husband for a short break without the children. We stayed in a deluxe pavilion room which was spacious with a lovely large balcony with table, chairs, loungers etc. In the room there was all mod cons you would expect, IPOD docking station etc, free wifi, bathroom products were lovely and the room was well cleaned. Plastic stirrers instead of metal spoons for tea/coffee was below 5 star. We used the gym which was well equipped and the spa. We had treatments outside the hotel, Hammam etc (see my other review) as the mark up in the spa we thought was ridiculous. Likewise we didnt get a transfer with the hotel, it is only 2 miles from the airport and was 150 dirham in a taxi compared to 5 times that with the hotel for a 6 minute journey.
The hotel is about 10 minutes away from both the old and new town. We loved the old medina it is crazy and frenetic but great fun for a few hours, to then return to the sanctuary of the four seasons.
We had room service breakfast very day, for us there is nothing more decadent than having breakfast served on your own balcony!
We ate at the pool restaurant and the Moroccan and Italian both were okay ie 4/5 but not magnificent. We found the service great, both in the restaurants and around the pool, nice treats juices and sorbets whilst on your lounger. Compared to other 5 stars we found the prices reasonable, the Moroccan white wine was surprisingly good and the prices certainly didn't make us flinch.
The hotel lays on a complimentary car in the evening to take you out which we used and thought it was a nice touch.
We would definitely recommend and would return with the children for a short break. I am a harsh critic so would defer giving it a 5 star as I think they could improve the food but if I was to return to Marrakech I wouldn't hesitate in booking this hotel, I would look no further.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear NMSheffield,

Please come back with your kids. I hope you do. Because it is a great opportunity for you to let us take care of them in our club and in the family pool, while you are relaxing, as a couple in the quiet pool. It is like having a mini couple vacation. If the kids are a bit older we also have a Young Adult Center. I say this because I really appreciate your review, it is very thorough, it is very fair, thank you.

My name is Felix Murillo, I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Resort Marrakech. It is just only a few days that I arrived, but please let me know when and how I can be of assistance. My direct email address, is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com

Yours respectfully,

Mayfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

the resort is wonderful, good size room, extremely comfortable bed and enormous bathroom, with gorgeous deep bath. Was very quiet in early September which was good, not sure it is a particularly child friendly resort, but perfect for adults. Amazing swimming pools, with lots of quiet areas to sunbath. Excellent variety for breakfast, but the evening meal let the hotel down. Excellent location, ask the hotel to organise a guide for you, as is slightly intimidating going round all the shops.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear ros m,

I just arrived to Marrakech a few days ago, in fact the 17th, and I am very happy I read your comment, it gives me a very good insight. My name is Felix Murillo, I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Resort Marrakech.

I agree so much with your comment about having a tour guide. In my experience a good guide, a good one, not only make you go to the right place but also shields you from eager vendors.

Please, I know that you will probably plan to return very soon as you have just been here, but when you do, or if I may be of any assistance within Four Seasons or Marrakech, let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Yours cordially,

Cheltenham, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

The Four Seasons continues to maintain a five star standard at this resort hotel just 15 minutes by taxi from the centre of Marrakech. The resort is quite large and is set off to great advantage amongst the beautiful gardens and water features. We had a pavilion room overlooking the adult only pool on the first floor and it was a good choice, well equipped and of an excellent size, it had a lovely large terrace with recliners and was very private.

We only used the complimentary shuttle on one occasion as it is a first come first serve basis so at busy times you will need a taxi if you have a table reserved in the Medina.

Breakfast was good but we had dinner the Solano restaurant which was distinctly average by comparison to the meals we had in the Riads of the Medina.

We are great fans of the Four Seasons brand and I would always mark the hotels at 5 stars and in some cases more, however, although the staff were very friendly this hotel has not got the personal touch that I would expect of the brand which is why I have marked it lower than I expected.

Room Tip: For couples - Pavillion rooms on first floor facing the adult pool
Dear smith025,

It is just 4 days ago that I arrived to Marrakech to take over the Resort as the new General Manager. My name is Felix Murillo. I am coming from our Hotels in Istanbul.

Truth to be told, although I appreciate so much your review which helps me tremendously in having a good insight, it hurts to hear that we did not reach a personal touch. I look forward one day when you, maybe come back to Marrakech and visit us. Since your visit we have reviewed the menu in the Solano restaurant with the arrival of chef Marc Tauch and we have life Ganawa musicians. Please let me know if you were to come one day, my direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons:com.

Yours respectfully,

Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

The room is nice -- but shower is slow . The location of the hotel is away from medina so it good for the escape and stay in the hotel . Outdoor area is very beautiful - well made garden . As for the service -- Over all is an Okay -- not thing to WOW about -- and one more thing to added --- House keeper walk into the room w/o knocking the door three times in my 2 nights stay . Need I say more ?

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
hfrehde, Director of Sales at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear guest Ampol J,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. We are sorry that we did not exceed your expectations on this this trip and appreciate your feedback. I would love to speak to you in person to get more details so that we can address the issues you mentioned and improve our service.
Please advise when and how I can can reach you to discuss this in more detail. My direct line is 00212 524 359 230.
With kind regards,
Holger Frehde
Director of Sales & Marketing
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Just finishing an 8 night stay at the Four Seasons, and I really only have positive things to say.

I have stayed at many other Four Season resorts, and other 5* Deluxe hotels, so my standards can be verging on the high side, but I can honestly say, I would return here without a second thought. The last time I was with Four Seasons outside of the UK, was Sharm, and although wonderful, it did put me off the chain.

We opted for Pavilion Suite in Marrakesh, which we’d highly recommend for anyone who wants to spend time around one of the 2 pools, with the added benefit of extra living space (I saw the Premier Rooms, and they were equally grand, but on a smaller scale).

The service, as always with Four Seasons is truly impeccable from housekeeping to the Spa. A special mention has to go to Andre Buldini, who dealt with any small issues that we had with a level of professionalism that I admire.

We have our next holiday booked in November in Bangkok for the Banyan Tree, but after our recent experience here at the Four Seasons, we shall now investigate moving this reservation to the Four Seasons Bangkok.

Room Tip: Pavilion Suite
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear Davidwainwright,

Today is the day I just arrived to the Resort, I have just been appointed as the General Manager of the Four Seasons Resort Marrakech. I am very happy to be here and even more after reading your very kind review.

You mentioned that you would return to Four Seasons, hopefully you may return to Marrakech and Morocco, in any case if I may ever be of any assistance within Four Seasons or Marrakech please let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Yours,

Felix

Been to Four Seasons Resort Marrakech? Share your experiences!